IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST

In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST:
    [QUOTE]Good morning Y'all-Has the Kool Aid Gone sour in New England!! Boy oh boy what a difference one single game can make with such a fickle fan base huh??
    Posted by meontess[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those Jets are lighting it up, the world beaters that they are.  Idea: Why don't you go to the Cleveland or Detroit posting boards, at least you'll have more in common with the fans there and you can commiserate with your like-minded peers.  You all can talk about the faces of your franchise: Joe Namath (he of the career 65.5 rating), Bernie Kosar and Chuck Knox.  Those two franchises are on par with the Jests.      

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]To a tiny extent I agree. I no longer trust every move, but overall don't think he's lost the team. The problem as I see it is: BB is too enamored with Brady. YES Brady is best QB of this generation, but the better Brady gets, BB thinks he can let coordinators go left and right, live without a top tier running game, not focus on pass rushers and shut down DBs (because we can just out score other teams) and in general not make half-time adjustment (because Brady will just pull it out for us). Well guess what Bill? Shula thought the same things of Marino. I would hate for the 2nd half of Brady's career to mirror Marino's - all stats, no rings.
    Posted by jedinate[/QUOTE]

I'm with you bro.  I feel that the more success that NE has the more BB continues to think that he can do it by himself.  NE should have won the AFC and most likely the SB in 2006 because NE handled the Bears and thier mighty defense that year.  2007 they lose to the NYG after going 18-0.  Last year they go 11-5 without his no.1 guy and just miss the playoffs.

So its obvious that he is still doing a great job, but as hard as it is too win a SB NE has consistantly made it look easy and thats the reason most of us fans are so critical of the recent shortcomings. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning Y'all-Has the Kool Aid Gone sour in New England!! Boy oh boy what a difference one single game can make with such a fickle fan base huh??
    Posted by meontess[/QUOTE]

Sure, there are some idiot Pats fans that are now rooting for the Jests....that just makes the Jests fanbase IQ increase.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST:

Posted by STAUGGY[/QUOTE]

Then you never did! You run in a war because you go beat in a fight.. That is called....what's the word... Deserter...They shot them don't they?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST : Just a little food for thought for the numerous doubters: 2006:  12-4 *  AFC Championship defensive PLAYERS implosion 2007:  18-1 *  Asante drops a sure INT and "the play"   2008:  11-5 *  with Matt Cassel!!  FIRST 11-5 to no make the playoffs 2009:  7-4 *  with a completely revamped Defense W-L:  41-14...Yeah the game has passed BB by...WOW!!
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

One azz-kicking and the sky is falling down for the fair-weather fans. Get real. Sure we have problems but nothing that can't be fixed. There's 31 other teams that would fire their HC in a heartbeat to get BB.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

One note from an outsider -

Pat fan expectations are dropping.  While some are still clinging to the "we should go to the super bowl EVERY year" mentality and are thusly upset this week, others who may have shared the same mentality previously no longer do.

For them, it is ok to be good enough to have a shot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST : Amen to that. One azz-kicking and the sky is falling down for the fair-weather fans. Get real. Sure we have problems but nothing that can't be fixed. There's 31 other teams that would fire their HC in a heartbeat to get BB.  
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

That is why the are called fair weather fans.  The season is not lost by a long shot.  We got beat, so what, it happens.  We will be alright.  I was in New Orleans for the game and we did have some lost assignments, but that can be corrected.  I will be in Miami this weekend for the game.  I am supporting this team until the finals days.  We will make it.  These bumps and bruises are coming at the right time.  This is what is going to help us in the playoffs.  We no what losing is and we do not want that feeling.  This is just making the team that more willing to leave it on the field and play there hearts out. IN BILL I TRUST!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

What drivel.  This is the best football has ever been in New England!  Enjoy it while it's here.   Enjoy BB while he's here!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LDorest. Show LDorest's posts

As a coach, I can appreciate the pressure involved with playcalling. However, not to the degree of the NFL. But, I will say that in my opinion coach Bellicheck has made some decisions that have cost the team.
    I will begin with the *'07 Superbowl; I am not suprised about the Giants Pass Rush or Eli Manning's ability. However, on the last play of the game, I was astonished that Coach Bellicheck did not put Moss out there with Harrison to help defend a jumpball to Burress on the game's final play. This has worked in the past and would have been a better defensive strategy, rather than having Hobbs defend Burress. In a Moss vs Burress "jumpball" either Moss would have caught it or it would have been incomplete and Patriots undefeated Superbowl champs.

4th and 2 vs Indy. No matter how Bellicheck was feeling...about the defense. He still should have played the field position game. No matter who the quarterback is...a longer field is always the best choice (possible exception if there is time on the game clock)

vs The New Orleans Saints. Clearly the Patriots defense was not ready to play. This has never been the case. Especially the last 10 or more years. How can the Saints "old timer" defensive backs outplay the Patriots youngsters. It was truly embarrassing. I guess now that Crennel, Wise and McDaniel are gone,  Bellicheck has to now show his coaching ability.

No offense coach Bellichech, but the Patriots currently look like the team you had in Cleveland a few years ago. The Pats were a great football team because of the personnel mentioned above, and players like Brady, Milloy, Law, Bledsoe, Harrison, McGinest, Bruschi, Branch, Glenn, Vrabel, Clay, Dillon, Faulk, Moss, Light and Samuel to name a few. I would bring Wise and Crennel back with no hesitation. The current team is offensively adequate. However, defensive is an issue that will not be solved this year. Pats will finish as the AFC east champs...but, will need a bit of lady luck to go much further.

lI bIn Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST : Just a little food for thought for the numerous doubters: 2006:  12-4 *  AFC Championship defensive PLAYERS implosion 2007:  18-1 *  Asante drops a sure INT and "the play"   2008:  11-5 *  with Matt Cassel!!  FIRST 11-5 to no make the playoffs 2009:  7-4 *  with a completely revamped Defense W-L:  41-14...Yeah the game has passed BB by...WOW!!
    Posted by DBAZ22[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's clear that BB is struggling.  The loss in Indy was due in part to sideline sloppiness.  The team was not mentally prepared in New Orleans.  Vrable would have helped to calm things down on the field and made the team look less confused but he would not have affected the outsome.

But so what?

They have looked this bad before (I'm thinking of 2005 when they lost big-time AT HOME against the Chargers and Colts).  They got that figured out and were well prepared for the playoffs with a thrashing of the Jags.

I'm going to look at the lack of two game losing streaks and stellar December record.  If the team wins Sunday and goes 3-1 in December then it's still the same old Bill......and I'm with him all the way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Finally back from the dreaded Midwest, now back to living in R.I. and loving it.  You R.I. downers have no idea what a cool place R.I. is to live (same goes for the rest of N.E.).  I've lived in Cali and FLA, too, so I speak from experience. If you haven't lived elsewhere, you just can't appreciate how good you have it. 

On to the debate: What do some of you fans not get?  This is a rebuidling year, and a pretty good one at that. 

I wrote weeks ago that this team is such, that it will probably make the play-offs, but if it did, it would likely be eliminated in the first game.  I caught some flak, but I am looking more and more on-the-money in that assessment. 

Meanwhile, the team has had the greatest influx of quality rookie talent I can ever recall.  I think BB knew just what kind of season this was going to be, or else he would have kept Seymour.  I am glad he took the pick instead.

I 100% buy what BB is doing because I have realistic expectations.  Look at it this way - the Steelers are poised to miss the play-offs after winning* the SB last year.  You don't hear any Steelers fans calling for a house-cleaning, do you?

My big concern is the officiating.  It is close to removing all doubts from my mind that the NFL is fixed.  This could be my last year watching, just as I stopped watching the NBA when the Nets "beat" the Celts in the semi-finals. We all learned later that it was a fixed series, something I suspected at the time.  If I want to watch choreographed drama, I'll go to Trinity Rep.

Was it my imagination or were the officials letting the Saints DBs and LBs mug the Pats' receivers, with only the occassional holdnig call to make it appear legit?  And I saw a stupid PI calls against the Pats in that loss, as well as the Indy loss.  And though I missed the last Indy game, I have been reading that they once again won with the help of the officials and more phantom PI calls. 

At what point do we collectively say, "We are not stupid sheep and if you have decided to fix the games for a chosen few teams (ex. Colts, Steelers, Saints) at the expense of other teams (ex. Pats, Raiders, Browns), then we have decided to boycott the games."  At  the very least, they need to limit PI to 15 yards and/or allow a challenge to the call.  It's not a big secret that the Colts' success has been built on PI calls over the past six years.  I think that socks.

* IMO, the deserving team did not win the SB last year - just more choreographed drama, like the previoius Steeler SB win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST:
    [QUOTE]               DRAFTING,FREE AGENTS, DOWN GRADING THE 'D' EVERY YEAR SINCE 05   THE 'D' LOST the S.B.---THREE TIME AT INDY----AND NOW WE ARE GOING DOWN FASTER THAN A PROM DRESS.   B.B. IS BEING TUNED OUT BY THE TEAM. NO SPRIT,PASSION,DEAD BODY LANGUAGE.    I HAPPENS TO ALL COACHES THE MESSAGE GETS STALE.
    Posted by STAUGGY[/QUOTE]
    Your right it's time to move on and fire everybody and start over. MORON!

I still will trust Bill if you don't mind. Also the Browns could use a few new fans, why don't you try rooting for them loser.

Go Pats!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

[QUOTE]One note from an outsider - Pat fan expectations are dropping.  While some are still clinging to the "we should go to the super bowl EVERY year" mentality and are thusly upset this week, others who may have shared the same mentality previously no longer do. For them, it is ok to be good enough to have a shot.
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Do you also write prescriptions with this stuff Dogg? My DR. won't give me Klonopin anymore.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

[QUOTE]i Love BB and will stick with him most of the way. But whats with these 4th and lets go for it BS. I know he has alot of faith...Posted by abe711[/QUOTE]

How Long have you watched the Patriots?  Under Bill the Patriots are always among the league leaders in 4th down attempts and conversions.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Look at our season so far, we've defended the homefield just as we should.  We have lost 4 road games, but it's not like we were blown out in each.  3 of those could've been won/lost on a single play going another way. 

If i'm not mistaken, the Pats have had an annual "clunker" each year and they're still fine.  Lets take a look at some of them..

2001 - 'Fins beat us 30-10 (Brady's 2nd career start)
    2002 - Titans beat us 24-7, Jets beat us 30-17
    2003 - Buffalo beat us 31-0
    2004 - Steelers beat us 34-20
    2005 - Chargers beat us 41-17, Colts beat us 40-21
    2006 - Miami beat us 21-0

Those are the only bad losses we've had with Brady at QB dating back to 2001.  Sure, we've lost some REALLY close heartbreakers.. but with Tom Brady as QB and BB as our coach there isn't too much to be upset about.  It happens every year, so it's not like the end of the world.

Had this happened in the SB, then there might be some legit questioning and thinking out-loud about "what were they doing?", but it wouldn't mean anyone should call for Bill's job no matter what!

I watched the same game as everyone else Monday night and saw something that was very positive on the defensive side of the ball - the coverage was actually better than it seemed (except a couple plays where it was totally blown).  The problem with the game was a lack of pass-rush at all until it was out of reach; had they gotten in Brees' face, he wouldn't have had the time to sit back and wait for his guys to come open in the secondary. 

If they can get some pass-rushers in the off-season, next year will be a VERY good year.  I'm not giving up on this year by any means, because I still think once they get into the playoffs anything can happen.  After all, Indy has great season after great season.. until the playoffs begin and then they're one-and-done!

The rest of the schedule looks VERY winnable and finishing 12-4 would be great, considering how bad the defense has been sometimes this year.  There are a TON of teams who would kill to have a 12-4 record, so we shouldn't take this team for granted or lose faith in them just because they suffered a bad loss.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST : Your right it's time to move on and fire everybody and start over. MORON! I still will trust Bill if you don't mind. Also the Browns could use a few new fans, why don't you try rooting for them loser. Go Pats!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

For those who do not believe in BB, please go find a new team! In addition to the Browns, the Jests, and Raiders might be looking for new fans as well..

NFL is a parity-based league - it is specifically designed to not allow one team to dominate and definitely for a period of time. In spite of this, Patriots are doing ridiculously well. And all of that is PRIMARILY because of BB.

We had couple of bad games this year, but ship is not sinking. However rats are welcome to jump off anytime - good bye now !!

BTW, I LOVED the decision to go for it on 4th down - I would rather lose aggressively than lose passively !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[QUOTE]This team is suffering from the loss of player and coaching talent.  Vrabel, Harrison, McGinest, Milloy and Bruschi got old, Seymour and Law weren't playing up to their contracts and got shipped out or allowed to leave, Asante Samuel got paid elsewhere and the Pats overpaid for Adalius Thomas.  I would argue that all of the above defensive players were game changers at some point in their career, and most if not all have yet to be replaced adequately, especially Law, Samuel, McGinest and Vrabel.  Shut down corners and pass rushers are few and far between on this team.  This team has limited ability to rush the passer.  Until the Pats can get someone in here to consistently apply pressure to the QB, they will be susceptible to the pass.   The loss of Weiss, Crennel, Mangini, McDaniels and Pioli have led to a brain drain in the organization and have left BB with too much on his plate in the coaching and GM departments.  I think it shows since this year the Pats have uncharacteristically made gaffe after gaffe to their detriment.  Bill needs to surround himself with some respected NFL-caliber coordinators and get back to being the guy pulling the strings.      The Pats are a victim of their success to some extent, which happens to every NFL team when they do well. 
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

I think you're spot on with the brain drain, unfortunately, it will probably take years to rebuild that part of it, unless of course a couple of those aforementioned recently freed up coaches find their way back to the Pats...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST : I agree 100% For those who do not believe in BB, please go find a new team! In addition to the Browns, the Jests, and Raiders might be looking for new fans as well.. NFL is a parity-based league - it is specifically designed to not allow one team to dominate and definitely for a period of time. In spite of this, Patriots are doing ridiculously well. And all of that is PRIMARILY because of BB. We had couple of bad games this year, but ship is not sinking. However rats are welcome to jump off anytime - good bye now !! BTW, I LOVED the decision to go for it on 4th down - I would rather lose aggressively than lose passively !!!
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

BB did not get where he is by taking the 'safe' route, the man has balls and took the risk.. Sometime he wins, sometimes he doesn't... If a certain fumble in the end zone hadn't happened, we wouldn't even be having this conversation...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IN B.B. I NO LONGER TRUST :
    BB did not get where he is by taking the 'safe' route, the man has balls and took the risk.. Sometime he wins, sometimes he doesn't... If a certain fumble in the end zone hadn't happened, we wouldn't even be having this conversation...
    Posted by mtbr1975[/QUOTE]

Exactly!! Just like his decision to take a safety in Denver in 2003 just to get better field position. Very gutsy decision and it paid off.  I would rather him make those decisions and it not work than play conservatively and get beat without taking risks to go for the win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Be careful S-G, True Champ may may show it's age again and call you a troll (like me) for not waving pom-poms and celebrating this complied mess of a Defense.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

I call you a troll because you defend posts like Shumpters ghost where he says "The game has passed Bill Belichick by" Also because I think you are either not really a Pats fan or one of the dreary dark and negative types. You rip on BB you rip on Maroney you pretty much rip on the entire team. Can you say "fair weather" ???