In BB WeTrust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In BB WeTrust

I think this season no one will be able to say BB did a bad job in FA and the draft. He got alot of talent in both areas that helps both sides of the ball become alot better. On paper this team should be unbeatable agianst anybody.

It won't be on BB's shoulders this year if the team comes up short. The talent has to execute.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

Re: In BB WeTrust

He wanted to be head coach and general manager. If the team has bad chemistry or the the team gives up on Belichick, then I would write it is his fault since he put the team together.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

I tend to agree here, with the talent gathered, the coaching titles given, and the full off season to put it all together, this looks like (on paper anyway!!) a really good team. The Pats should be able to contend in all conference and leagues this year. The simple fact that a real DC was named speaks volumes. I think BB has decided to be a head coach and not a multi-tasker! Man, I hate that term...Players gotta make plays, and the coaches will coach them to great things, yet another SB run!!!!!KMc. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing!!!! One thing will gripe me this season... If Randy Moss has a good season with the 49'ers then I will be very mad.  As of right now he looks like he is in great shape, very lean and lots of good reports coming out of SF about how he looks and is approaching this season.

Would have rather seen Moss back instead of signing Stallworth and Gonzalas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust:
    [QUOTE]He wanted to be head coach and general manager. If the team has bad chemistry or the the team gives up on Belichick, then I would write it is his fault since he put the team together.
    Posted by PatsGnome[/QUOTE]

Oh Boy.  Yes I seen BB buttering Welkers hands on the sidelines just prior too the DROP.  And it was BB who pushed Dink offside's on what would of been an INT.  I even heard he turned on Brady's helmet speaker and told him to unload the ball on the first play of the game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think I'm gonna vomit.

If people are going to give him all the credit for all of the success, shouldn't he get all the blame for the failures? It's not like coaching in general was perfect (or ever is - even during the years when the Patriots won superbowls).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

BB wants a ring more than ever right now. Everyone knows that by the way he approached the draft by trading up. In FA he finally signed the star people seem to want in BRANDON LlOYD. HE and Tom Terrific will lead this team to the SB for MHK and just for the joy of winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]BB wants a ring more than ever right now.
    Posted by Mooney12[/QUOTE]

I agree! I think he wants/needs to win another one so people will stop saying they have not won a SB since spygate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]One thing!!!! One thing will gripe me this season... If Randy Moss has a good season with the 49'ers then I will be very mad.  As of right now he looks like he is in great shape, very lean and lots of good reports coming out of SF about how he looks and is approaching this season. Would have rather seen Moss back instead of signing Stallworth and Gonzalas.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

I dont think you have to worry about Mr. Moss for long.

Unfortunately many people laced with super talent sometimes lack intestinal fortitude and drive, things often come to easy for them, and when the pressure is on they fold like a sheet in a Chinese Laundromat.

Randy had the best QB in the last 8 years throwing to him in Mr. Brady and his usual laziness got the best of him.
    Im not trying to pick on Randy Moss, there is no denyng his abilities ot talent, but then again there is no denying his inability to overcome his lack of will and the extra heart and drive to put him as THE BEST.

Give him 6 weeks and watch as he just becomes irrelevant, and to his own self be true.
    Obviously he needed a few more million. So sad when you think about it, if he would have put forth the effort he would still be on the Pats and still be the best deep threat in the NFL.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Interesting views. I think BB had a good draft but that won't really be known for a year or two. I think he made some good FA signings; we'll see.

As a coach, he took a team with a clearly deficient defense to the SB and damn near won the thing.  'nuf said from my perspective.

I'm looking forward to a really competitive camp and NFL season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I think I'm gonna vomit. If people are going to give him all the credit for all of the success, shouldn't he get all the blame for the failures? It's not like coaching in general was perfect (or ever is - even during the years when the Patriots won superbowls).
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Yes, but what failures?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Yes, but what failures?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Any time the Patriots lose a game the first thing BB says in his monotone voice is we didn't coach good enough, and the players didn't make enough plays. The other team made more plays. He never backs away from not putting some of the blame on himself. He also always sticks with, "I made the best decision I thought was best for the football team", in any of his decisions meaning whether he's right or wrong he's the one who made the decision.

BB is one of smartest coaches going who learns from his mistakes. He also is not afraid to let someone go if he feels he made a mistake rather than hold on. I remember one of the HBO segments on BB where he's talking to TB on the side line saying this team is not listening to the coaching. Once the season ended he cleaned house. Notice now that a lot of the players picked in the recent drafts are leaders or captains from their college teams. These are the type of guys that are coachable and is the foundation of this team. You can tell he really like the players that are currently on it and is open about just that.

So if BB is accountable for his own mistakes, which he always is, then we as fans should be able to agree that he makes mistakes. 

But I'll take BB over any other coach in the NFL.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Jints- I would rather see BB as a head coach only...I think it would be better if he focused entirely on coaching.  As fans we can only speculate what might have been if BB was the head coach only over the past 4-5 years.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : I dont think you have to worry about Mr. Moss for long. Unfortunately many people laced with super talent sometimes lack intestinal fortitude and drive, things often come to easy for them, and when the pressure is on they fold like a sheet in a Chinese Laundromat. Randy had the best QB in the last 8 years throwing to him in Mr. Brady and his usual laziness got the best of him. Im not trying to pick on Randy Moss, there is no denyng his abilities ot talent, but then again there is no denying his inability to overcome his lack of will and the extra heart and drive to put him as THE BEST. Give him 6 weeks and watch as he just becomes irrelevant, and to his own self be true. Obviously he needed a few more million. So sad when you think about it, if he would have put forth the effort he would still be on the Pats and still be the best deep threat in the NFL.
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

I think you're very wrong in one respect with regard to Moss. In the first year with the Pats Moss had something to prove and look at that season. He's in the same position now, especially after not producing for so long. Moss for sure has a big ego and if that serves to motivate him he could have a big year if his skills haven't eroded. Only time will tell who is right. 

As for the Pats resigning him, BB will not resign problem children. I'd rather Brandon Loyd. 

Hetchinspete

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Yes, but what failures?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Champ, 

I don't know what you expect, a Super Bowl champion every year. When BBs gone you and the spoiled fans like you that have overly high expectation every year will be crying for BB to return. He's arguably one of the best of all time just as Landry was in Dallas and Dallas didn't win it all every year just as Bill Walsh's 49ers didn't win it all every years. 

Stop being overly critical and enjoy the ride whilee BB is here because he won't be here forever. All coaches no matter how great are not pefect, that's what makes them human. I assume you make a mistake now and then. 

Hetchinspete

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Jints- I would rather see BB as a head coach only...I think it would be better if he focused entirely on coaching.  As fans we can only speculate what might have been if BB was the head coach only over the past 4-5 years.....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he wears both hats.

Remember what Parcell's said: "They want you to cook the dinner; at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries"

Parcells quits, they bring in Carroll and the emprire crumbles

Remember the famous line in Star Wars: "The apprentice is now the master"

Enter BB. The Empire strikes back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : here's a fair question from an outside perspective and I will be interested to see what Pats fans say: would Bellichick be a better coach if he wasn't also the GM? Could it be said there might have been the same run if not moreso if he didn't wear both hats? I am curious what you guys think about that.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

It is a fair question from a Giant's fan and hopefully he's open minded enough to understand my reponse. As I mentioned earlier I think BB is one of the smartest coaches and GM's in the business. Since Scott Pioli left for K.C. and Bill has taken over all the decision making on the picks and free agent signings he has gotten better each year at being the GM. Since 2008 the draft selection have gotten better each year and more has stuck with the team. As everyone here now knows the strategy for drafting changed due to the new collective barginning and the rookie wage scale. So too did BB's strategy. He now puts more value in the first few rounds and did not trade out like he did in the past but rather traded up for both 1st round picks this year. If this continues we'll see more and more good picks sticking with the team longer.

He realized he made some big mistakes signing some big free agents early on also. He has since stayed away from the high priced free agents and spent more on depth.

He also unfortunately had some turnover in his coaching staff that prevented him from just being and focusing as the head coach. It takes BB a few years before he trust the assistant coaches to be the OC and DC. I think once they are in place he can spend more time being the head coach and the GM and do very well at both. I think time will prove this to be correct. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Champ,  I don't know what you expect, a Super Bowl champion every year. When BBs gone you and the spoiled fans like you that have overly high expectation every year will be crying for BB to return. He's arguably one of the best of all time just as Landry was in Dallas and Dallas didn't win it all every year just as Bill Walsh's 49ers didn't win it all every years.  Stop being overly critical and enjoy the ride whilee BB is here because he won't be here forever. All coaches no matter how great are not pefect, that's what makes them human. I assume you make a mistake now and then.  Hetchinspete
    Posted by Hetchinspete[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you could misinterpret my post into me being critical? I was asking another poster what failures he was referring to in regard to BB's career here in NE?

He said BB should be held accountable for failures and I don't understand how you can look at what BB has done as anything short of the greatest coaching/GM job in perhaps sports history.

I realize we didn't win the Sb every year but I wouldn't label that as a failure. If that was the case then every team in the league is a collective group of failures. We have won more games then any team in the league since BB took over. I think we have won more games then any team in NFL history over a 12 year period. The guy can be held accountable and all but failure and BB shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.

I hope I cleared that up for you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : here's a fair question from an outside perspective and I will be interested to see what Pats fans say: would Bellichick be a better coach if he wasn't also the GM? Could it be said there might have been the same run if not moreso if he didn't wear both hats? I am curious what you guys think about that.
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

So your asking if BB could have improved on what is already considered the best team building job in NFL history as we have won more games then any team ever in a 12 year period and 5 Sb appearances in 12 years?

If somebody else picked BB's players for him could he have done a better job then the best ever accomplished? How would that work?

Perhaps if JC himself came down from the heavens above and chose BB's players for him we would have won a few more games..... I guess.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Actually, I'm referring to fan's adoration/idolation of BB...like he's perfect or that the coaching is perfect. I'm not saying he's not a top 5 coach, he's great....he's just not perfect...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, I'm referring to fan's adoration/idolation of BB...like he's perfect or that the coaching is perfect. I'm not saying he's not a top 5 coach, he's great....he's just not perfect...
    Posted by anonymis[/QUOTE]

Nobody on this board ever said BB was perfect, just the best in the business.  And you are right, he isn't top five, he is the top one!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Let me see if I get how you think this thing works.

It's not BB's fault he spent a 2nd round pick on Darius Butler and he stank? It's Darius Butler's fault BB picked him and he stank?

I guess that means nobody in the history of the NFL ever made a bad draft pick or a poor FA signing. They were all great, the guys just did not "execute". Glad you cleared that up for us football noobs.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : I dont think you have to worry about Mr. Moss for long. Unfortunately many people laced with super talent sometimes lack intestinal fortitude and drive, things often come to easy for them, and when the pressure is on they fold like a sheet in a Chinese Laundromat. Randy had the best QB in the last 8 years throwing to him in Mr. Brady and his usual laziness got the best of him. Im not trying to pick on Randy Moss, there is no denyng his abilities ot talent, but then again there is no denying his inability to overcome his lack of will and the extra heart and drive to put him as THE BEST. Give him 6 weeks and watch as he just becomes irrelevant, and to his own self be true. Obviously he needed a few more million. So sad when you think about it, if he would have put forth the effort he would still be on the Pats and still be the best deep threat in the NFL.
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

What credentials can you produce that show you have the slightest f'n clue how much heart Randy Moss has?

I understand it is the conventional football mob rule cliche wisdom that says that, but such a source is hardly authoritative.

Sections
Shortcuts