In BB WeTrust

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Re: In BB WeTrust

In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust:
    [QUOTE]I tend to agree here, with the talent gathered, the coaching titles given, and the full off season to put it all together, this looks like (on paper anyway!!) a really good team. The Pats should be able to contend in all conference and leagues this year. The simple fact that a real DC was named speaks volumes. I think BB has decided to be a head coach and not a multi-tasker! Man, I hate that term...Players gotta make plays, and the coaches will coach them to great things, yet another SB run!!!!!KMc. 
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]

SB or bust, this season. If not this year, when?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : I don't think it's fair to say he played "crappy" in either SB...considering the rush he was under and probably played the fourth quarter of SB 46 with a separated or badly bruised left shoulder he actually played fairly well...he did have a 95 yd td drive and a record 16 straight completions-how is that "crappy"? of course giving credit to the defense and especially pass rush he played those two games is impossible for you
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

98 yard TD drive,  Tongue out and both that and the 16 passes were SB records. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : It's very funny to everyone here that you drive a pick up, use different board names, have many Brady Underoos, and are a tool. That we know.   Enjoy that element of being a horrendous Pats dork.   I am sure you will hope to pretend you can discuss the basics and then look dumb.  That is  the important thing for you.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

I love how you presume to speak for others in this forum when youre barely even able to speak for yourself lol

Do you even read what you type into the message box before hitting the Add/Reply button? You should

You need an editor, son

Now go to bed. Get your sleep. You have another long day of posting 75+ messages ahead of you tomorrow...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : please don't misunderstand. I have said numerous times BB drafted many players that added to what he inherited and as a coach he molded them into a great team. Never said or believed anything different. My point (and I would assume babe's and others) is directed at the "BB is God" crowd led by rusty, who won't hear of anything less, certainly not that BB learned from Parcells and inherited 5-6 core players that led to 3 sb titles...Rusty and his minions need to believe BB did everything with no help from anyone because he is God...that's my only point..and yeah, I have a certain favoritism towards Parcells as a Giants fan but still it doesn't alter my position...that's all this is, nothing more How many more ways can I say BB is one of the greats and a first ballot HOFer?

You summed up my perspective on the issue rather well.

Some of these clowns have grown the myth to ridiculous proportions. I freely admit I see BB as the best coach around but as a GM he is like most GMs. He hits and misses. There is no legend going on with that. The facts show in his greatest successes he had a good number of key guys he inherited. No shame in that. His great coaching got more out of some of them than anybody else ever got.

The funniest thing is most of these same imbeciles constantly second guess how he coaches the team. It's ludicrous.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to "Re: In BB WeTrust": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : what he said Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE] Wow a jets fan and a giants fans agreeing, that usually only happens when the Jests get knocked from the playoffs and Jersey fans adopt the Giants.... Or the Devils, Rangers, Yankmes, Mets, Nets or Knicks. It must be nice to have two of everything. BoobParchese's biggest fan is a NYer... go figure.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Sorry, but nobody with a whit of interest in the truth of this matter cares what scrubs BB sent packing so he could bring in his own flavor of scrub. The 53 man roster is entirely moot to the question. The fact remains a good portion of the key players during his greatest success, the dynasty, were not players he brought in. The fact also remains that since the team could be entirely referred to as built by him he has managed to lose 2 SBs and 1 AFC Championship. These facts show he is not the legendary team builder many here falsely claim he is.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Well I admire the fact that no matter what facts are presented even if the facts are over whelming you stick to what you believe. But you couldn't be more wrong on this subject. 9 players does not make up a team. BB had to start someplace and he kept what he felt were players that could help the team in the TEAM BUILDING process which an intelligent GM would do and replaced the others with players he felt could perform at this level. 

I for one would respect your opinion more and would appreciate it if you presented some factual basis to your believe based on facts which up to this point I have not seen.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : please don't misunderstand. I have said numerous times BB drafted many players that added to what he inherited and as a coach he molded them into a great team. Never said or believed anything different. My point (and I would assume babe's and others) is directed at the "BB is God" crowd led by rusty, who won't hear of anything less, certainly not that BB learned from Parcells and inherited 5-6 core players that led to 3 sb titles...Rusty and his minions need to believe BB did everything with no help from anyone because he is God...that's my only point..and yeah, I have a certain favoritism towards Parcells as a Giants fan but still it doesn't alter my position...that's all this is, nothing more How many more ways can I say BB is one of the greats and a first ballot HOFer?

JintsFan, your view makes more sense. But most of us here realize that BB is just human like the rest of us. He's the first to admit he makes mistakes and makes fun of himself at times because of those mistakes, 4th and 1 is a great example. But to his credit he did keep key players and built really good teams around them which good GMs do.

I also think the Giants are another great organization with great owner, GM, and coaches. Both the Patriots and the Giants have and will be teams competing for many years to come.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In the recent SB, as Brady's wife said, he can't pass and catch the ball. The game was very winnable, but just didn't happen. You win as a team and lose as a team. Its not like he pulled a Romo

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Well I admire the fact that no matter what facts are presented even if the facts are over whelming you stick to what you believe. But you couldn't be more wrong on this subject. 9 players does not make up a team. BB had to start someplace and he kept what he felt were players that could help the team in the TEAM BUILDING process which an intelligent GM would do and replaced the others with players he felt could perform at this level.  I for one would respect your opinion more and would appreciate it if you presented some factual basis to your believe based on facts which up to this point I have not seen.  
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about when you say I have not shown facts?

You just admitted the fact. BB had many players on his teams that he did not bring in. Fact.

Are you really trying here to sell the snake oil that because BB didn't get rid of a certain player they then became "his" finds?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : i think there is a middle ground to this argument. I think you can rate his Gm abilities in a couple of areas. As you stated above he is no different than most GM's when it comes to hit and misses. I would say he does tend to miss a  more in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but i would also submit he tends to hit more than others in the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds. I think his biggest strength as a GM is his willingness to jettison his mistakes regardless of the criticism he will get for making a bad pick. I wouldn't call him legendary as a GM but i would put him in the top 1/3 of GM's today in regards to team building.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

This is a reasonable assessment devoid of the idiotic kool-aide swilling spin far too many here live by. Many can't even admit the simple fact that BB had a number of key players on his dynasty teams he didn't bring in.

BB has done okay in the first round. The 2nd and 3rd have produced many many disappointments. I don't hold late picks of the 5th, 6th or 7th rounds against him or for him. There's way too much luck involved that late.

His FA signings have been very hit or miss. That's why at this point he seldom makes a big FA splash and prefers to sign several bargain players as opposed to the big money guy. A bad choice on 3 cheap guys looks a hell of a lot less foolish than one big money mistake.

He manages the cap very well.

He is a better than average trader and is very good with draft pick swapping.

Being a far far better coach than he is a GM he absolutely knows when to cut bait on a guy. Few if any players he lets go either do much elsewhere or are not worth the money for what they do elsewhere.

In general BB the GM benefits greatly from having BB the coach make him look better. If you take his overall performance as GM and factor in the enhanced result he gets from his great coach, he ends up average.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Aside from the facts that he signs guys like Shaun Ellis for 4 mil, Ocho for 3 mil, has 15 mil in dead money on the cap, cuts his own high round draft picks while they are still in their rookie contracts, needs 30 draft picks in three years to get 4 or 5 starters.... yeah, that's a tough one.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Check you're facts little lady, you are way off on most accounts. As usual!