In BB WeTrust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: In BB WeTrust

In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : What kind of an IQ do you need to claim that giving up more points proves that the patsie D got better each year?   What kind of an IQ do you need to claim that Brady throwing a higher completion %, a higher TD %, a lower pick %, more yards, more TDs and a higher scoring offense proves that he is a worse QB now than in 2001-2004?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

lol... like you are one to talk!  the dumbest patriot fan here mangione thinks that making the superbowl is having a horrible season. grow up dude, we can't win every single year, and don't tell us that you are not a patriots fan either, otherwise you wouldn't be here 24/7 365 . 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Top 5 GMs ever: 1. BB 2. George Young 3. Chuck Noll 4. Walsh/Policy 5. Bobby Beathard Honorable mention: Ron Wolf, Bill Polian The simple fact is, BB's resume dwarfs everyone listed here due to the battle with a salary cap. George Young was always the bellweather choice because he was great 3 times in his career on different teams in different eras (60s, 70s, 80s). If another team like a Pitt, or now the Giants had 3 rings and built a dynasty like BB did, then fine. He's the only GM to be the architect of a dynasty.  It's BB and everyone else. That's what made Peter King's latest SI article so hilarious. "THe GIants have the blueprint." Baloney. It's an insult to my intelligence.  They're doing a nice job mirroring BB's approach, but they didn't lay the blueprint, moron/agenda-driver, Peter King. Calling him average means you have mental illness or you're a troll, so that's why Babe needs to be bludgeoned on the topic. Just think, if Wellker holds onto the ball, Brady doesn't take a Safety, no INT, we may very well be looking at the potential start of another dynasty, BB's second of his career here. That's sick.  90% of NFL teams just try to make the playoffs in back to back years.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Polian, do you know the clots have 38M in dead money this year.  That leaves just 182 M to field a team.  Hello Doggggggy!  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : I don't understand, rusty perv.  What hole are you asking about Tebow finding?
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

again, you were the one that brought that up a couple of weeks ago dude. we don't need or want to hear about your sick perversions.

this is a patriots discussion forum, take it elsewhere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : I wish our offense would just score more than 21 points in January or February against good or great Ds.
    Posted by BassFishingII[/QUOTE]

That would be nice.

I don't really get all this back and forth about which unit caused the SB loss. Both units had their ups and their downs. Brady played a pretty solid game but made a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes that just killed them. Welker would catch that ball 10 out of 10 times on most days and how often does a NE defense get a horrendous penalty negating a turnover and then ANOTHER ONE on a third down stop. Ugh. Bottom line is neither unit stepped up and made the big play needed to win the game. Blame goes all the way around, coaches on down. Stop talking about that damn game now. Jints is loving this.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : You are the one who mentioned it first. Don't expect us to take you seriously when you keep saying BB inherited "MANY" players from the previous GMs that accounts for the Super Bowl teams and wins. Everyone including yourself knows that is not true.   I like the fact that you have a different view point but I don't like the fact that anyone who disagrees with you is dead wrong in your eyes and we all have our facts wrong. From what I've seen so far you are the one who is wrong on this subject and yet you won't man up to admit that you can be wrong. If you really hate BB and the Patriots so much then perhaps you should consider going back into retirement. We happen to like him and wouldn't want anyone else being the GM or the coach.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

Now your BS is really starting to stink the place up. I've tried to be kind but your insistence on being anal has exhausted my patience.

Here's your f'n facts. (2001 list of key guys, non BB guys in red)

QB: Tom Brady
    LT: Matt Light
    LG: Mike Compton
    C: Damien Woody
    RG: Joe Andruzzi
    RT: Greg Randall
    TE: Rod Rutledge
    WR: Troy Brown
    WR: David Patten
    RB: Antowain Smith
    RB: Kevin Faulk

Defense:

LE: Bobby Hamilton
    LDT: Brandon Mitchell
    RDT: Richard Seymour
    RE: Anthony Pleasant
    LOLB: Mike Vrabel
    MLB: Tedy Bruschi
    ROLB: Willie McGinest
    LCB: Ty Law

RCB: Otis Smith
    SS: Lawyer Milloy
    FS: Tebucky Jones

Ted Johnson (hurt part of year)

Adam Vinatieri

I count a dozen. 50% of the guys listed are NOT BB guys. And two of the 3 pro-bowlers were NOT BB guys either.  So much for your asinine BS. Class dismissed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Now your BS is really starting to stink the place up. I've tried to be kind but your insistence on being anal has exhausted my patience. Here's your f'n facts. (2001 list of key guys, non BB guys in red) QB: Tom Brady LT: Matt Light LG: Mike Compton C: Damien Woody RG: Joe Andruzzi RT: Greg Randall TE: Rod Rutledge WR: Troy Brown WR: David Patten RB: Antowain Smith RB: Kevin Faulk Defense: LE: Bobby Hamilton LDT: Brandon Mitchell RDT: Richard Seymour RE: Anthony Pleasant LOLB: Mike Vrabel MLB: Tedy Bruschi ROLB: Willie McGinest LCB: Ty Law RCB: Otis Smith SS: Lawyer Milloy FS: Tebucky Jones Ted Johnson (hurt part of year) Adam Vinatieri I count a dozen. 50% of the guys listed are NOT BB guys. And two of the 3 pro-bowlers were NOT BB guys either.  So much for your asinine BS. Class dismissed.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Not trying to call you out but that's 50% of the key players and doesn't account for the other 30 depth players. What's the % of BB 's guys when you account for the other 30?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Not trying to call you out but that's 50% of the key players and doesn't account for the other 30 depth players. What's the % of BB 's guys when you account for the other 30?
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Don't know the % of the scrubs, but I'm pretty sure most were his guys. First thing coaches do is bring in their own scrubs. The scrubs turnover like crazy. You can have the best scrubs in the league, but that isn't going to win you a SB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In General I agree overall with Babe Parilli.

Sure we like Belichick as a Coach - who would'nt? I think the point here is more about 'True Playmakers'.  They have slowly evaporated since the SB era. Any team adding 3-4 superior players would be impacted immediately and show results in the 'skill' positions. Even I learned that at an early age...long story!

Just think of any three true makers from the Pats as young players now on the current team?

Belichick is superb adding value depth to fill his needs. Just a feeling I have but I think Nick Casserio had more to do with the past 2 drafts especially and then it appears Belichick took control from 3rd rd onward because of his typical picks.

Tom Brady is a 'good player' and I'm glad we have him? What?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to In BB WeTrust:
    [QUOTE]I think this season no one will be able to say BB did a bad job in FA and the draft. He got alot of talent in both areas that helps both sides of the ball become alot better. On paper this team should be unbeatable agianst anybody. It won't be on BB's shoulders this year if the team comes up short. The talent has to execute.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I personally don't care what people say.  I like him.  I can't think of anyone with his consistency and ability to put a team together and get them all moving in the right direction together.  In 10 years when he's gone, people will be able to appreciate the stunning dominance he exerted over the league during his tenure here.  SCREW anyone who doesn't like him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Now your BS is really starting to stink the place up. I've tried to be kind but your insistence on being anal has exhausted my patience. Here's your f'n facts. (2001 list of key guys, non BB guys in red) QB: Tom Brady LT: Matt Light LG: Mike Compton C: Damien Woody RG: Joe Andruzzi RT: Greg Randall TE: Rod Rutledge WR: Troy Brown WR: David Patten RB: Antowain Smith RB: Kevin Faulk Defense: LE: Bobby Hamilton LDT: Brandon Mitchell RDT: Richard Seymour RE: Anthony Pleasant LOLB: Mike Vrabel MLB: Tedy Bruschi ROLB: Willie McGinest LCB: Ty Law RCB: Otis Smith SS: Lawyer Milloy FS: Tebucky Jones Ted Johnson (hurt part of year) Adam Vinatieri I count a dozen. 50% of the guys listed are NOT BB guys. And two of the 3 pro-bowlers were NOT BB guys either.  So much for your asinine BS. Class dismissed.

You clearly make my case. Again it's 50% of the starting units for the 2001 Super Bowl year. There were only 7 left for the next Super Bowl year. I think we are all in agreement that there was a huge turnover of players from 2000 to 2001. Yes a few key players were kept. Does that mean BB had to get rid of all the players to take credit for this team building effort? The answer is no. He deserves credit for recognizing which ones to keep and replace the others which a good GM does when evaluating the players on the team.

In one of my earlier post on this subject I mentioned there were a total of 16 players that were kept from the 2000 team, meaning of the dozen you pointed out only 4 were depth players he kept. The rest 37, were replaced by BB.

That 2000 team was pretty much what they took over from the previous coaching staff which is why they were not winning. It wasn't so much those 12 players they kept. Those were good players but it was the other 37 that made the difference.

This is why the coaching staff that came back from the Jets to the Patriots in 2000 were quoted as saying they could not believe how bad things got since they left for NY in 1997. BB had to clean house and he did. You clearly don't want to give BB credit whereas most of us here clearly understand what BB had to do and give him credit for doing it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

There are many on this forum who happen to believe BB to be one of the better football minds, GMs and coaches of all time.   Others believe that his success is primarily attributable to having a great QB in Brady.  I am of the belief that the evidence is more than ample that Belichick is simply outstanding across the board.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]There are many on this forum who happen to believe BB to be one of the better football minds, GMs and coaches of all time.   Others believe that his success is primarily attributable to having a great QB in Brady.  I am of the belief that the evidence is more than ample that Belichick is simply outstanding across the board.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

We will be able to test your theory soon enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Yes a few key players were kept.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

50% is a "few". Talk about spin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

A lot has happened in this thread since I last posted.  There seems to be a lot of back and forth between people who think BB is the best GM ever vs people who think he is average.  I think it would be presumptous of me to argue BB is the best GM ever given I am by no means an expert on NFL history.  That being said I don't agree with Babe that BB is simply average.  I have already acknowledged that BB benefitted from some excellent players left from previous regimes and it is certainly true that the 2001 squad in particular had a lot of these players.  That being said I think I have already made the case that a lot of starters on the 2001 squad were brought in by BB and that certainly by 2003 and 2004 he was responsible for the vast majority of the roster as my earlier posts demonstrate.  In addition virtually all the remants of the 2001 squad that he didn't bring in were gone on the 2007 team that ran train on the entire NFL until falling just short of the only perfect season since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule.  Brady is an all time great, but I don't see how you can call the guy who constructed that team (and I don't think you can argue he constructed that team) as average.  So no I am not arguing that Belichick built the team from scratch and I am not arguing he is the best ever or that he hasn't made mistakes (all GMs do), but I think there is ample evidence that his role as GM played an important part in winning one Super Bowl and was almost entirely responsible for winning 2 others as well as appearing in 2 more and completing the only 16-0 regular season in NFL history.  That to me is not average.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]He deserves credit for recognizing which ones to keep and replace the others which a good GM does when evaluating the players on the team.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

You're confusing BB the HC and BB the GM. It's BB the HC that knows what players that he has on hand he should cut bait on or put on the field. That's what the HC does. In that he is nearly infallible and that is one of the proofs of his greatness as a HC.

Of course he as HC expertly determined what players he inherited that should be kept when he took over the team. I've never said anything different.

But the FACT remains that about 50% of the key contributors to that portion of his greatest success, the dynasty, were players not brought in by him. And the remainder of the dynasty still had key guys he did not bring.

I am not saying he doesn't deserve the accolades for the achievement. He does for sure. But NOT as the GM, but rather as the HC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]A lot has happened in this thread since I last posted.  There seems to be a lot of back and forth between people who think BB is the best GM ever vs people who think he is average.  I think it would be presumptous of me to argue BB is the best GM ever given I am by no means an expert on NFL history.  That being said I don't agree with Babe that BB is simply average.  I have already acknowledged that BB benefitted from some excellent players left from previous regimes and it is certainly true that the 2001 squad in particular had a lot of these players.  That being said I think I have already made the case that a lot of starters on the 2001 squad were brought in by BB and that certainly by 2003 and 2004 he was responsible for the vast majority of the roster as my earlier posts demonstrate.  In addition virtually all the remants of the 2001 squad that he didn't bring in were gone on the 2007 team that ran train on the entire NFL until falling just short of the only perfect season since the NFL went to a 16 game schedule.  Brady is an all time great, but I don't see how you can call the guy who constructed that team (and I don't think you can argue he constructed that team) as average.  So no I am not arguing that Belichick built the team from scratch and I am not arguing he is the best ever or that he hasn't made mistakes (all GMs do), but I think there is ample evidence that his role as GM played an important part in winning one Super Bowl and was almost entirely responsible for winning 2 others as well as appearing in 2 more and completing the only 16-0 regular season in NFL history.  That to me is not average.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

We will find out if your take is correct or mine is when Brady either loses his edge or retires.

I'm betting if say the Dolphins or the jets had Brady all these years instead of us they would have dominated the division.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : We will find out if your take is correct or mine is when Brady either loses his edge or retires. I'm betting if say the Dolphins or the jets had Brady all these years instead of us they would have dominated the division.

Maybe maybe not.  To me though this is a silly argument.  Of course Belichick has benefitted from Brady.  What great coach or GM hasn't had the benefit of an elite QB?  You cannot succeed consistently in the NFL without one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Maybe maybe not.  To me though this is a silly argument.  Of course Belichick has benefitted from Brady.  What great coach or GM hasn't had the benefit of an elite QB?  You cannot succeed consistently in the NFL without one.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Of course. Follow the great players and there you find the chamionships. It's pretty simple throughout team sports.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : You're confusing BB the HC and BB the GM. It's BB the HC that knows what players that he has on hand he should cut bait on or put on the field. That's what the HC does. In that he is nearly infallible and that is one of the proofs of his greatness as a HC. Of course he as HC expertly determined what players he inherited that should be kept when he took over the team. I've never said anything different. But the FACT remains that about 50% of the key contributors to that portion of his greatest success, the dynasty, were players not brought in by him. And the remainder of the dynasty still had key guys he did not bring. I am not saying he doesn't deserve the accolades for the achievement. He does for sure. But NOT as the GM, but rather as the HC.

You are correct in that the HC makes the cuts. But then the GM/s has to help find the replacements in order for the HC to decide if the replacement fits. Both Pioli and BB had to agree on which potential players they would bring in. But it was BB the HC that made the final decision after the try out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : Maybe maybe not.  To me though this is a silly argument.  Of course Belichick has benefitted from Brady.  What great coach or GM hasn't had the benefit of an elite QB?  You cannot succeed consistently in the NFL without one.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

As some have mentioned there was one exception to this. Joe Gibbs HC of the Washington Redskins. He used 3 different quarterbacks.

1982 - Joe Theismann
    1987 - Doug Williams
    1991 - Mark Rypien

They always had a big OL men called the Hogs and good running backs.
    This was also before a salary cap.

The game had changed when Gibbs came back from retirement and didn't have the success he had his first go around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : As some have mentioned there was one exception to this. Joe Gibbs HC of the Washington Redskins. He used 3 different quarterbacks. 1982 - Joe Theismann 1987 - Doug Williams 1991 - Mark Rypien They always had a big OL men called the Hogs and good running backs. This was also before a salary cap. The game had changed when Gibbs came back from retirement and didn't have the success he had his first go around.
    Posted by GO47[/QUOTE]

A great running game and great D were the constant with all three of these teams.  Also see the Raven's in 2000, with a great running game and amazing defense you can win with a mediocre QB.  

Trent Dilfer and Rypien are a testament to this, the game hasn't changed that much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In BB WeTrust : We will find out if your take is correct or mine is when Brady either loses his edge or retires. I'm betting if say the Dolphins or the jets had Brady all these years instead of us they would have dominated the division.

The Dolphin's with Brady at QB and Dave Wannestedt as head coach would still stink... period.