In case you missed it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In case you missed it

SGregory signs with the Chiefs. Still think he can be a valuable 3rd or 4th S in the NFL in the right defense suited to his abilities. Unfortunately, he was forced into a position of playing too many snaps here, and his deficiencies were obviously exposed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: In case you missed it

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

SGregory signs with the Chiefs. Still think he can be a valuable 3rd or 4th S in the NFL in the right defense suited to his abilities. Unfortunately, he was forced into a position of playing too many snaps here, and his deficiencies were obviously exposed.

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Wish him well in KC.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My TV must play a different version of Pat's games. All I ever saw was an undersized Man trying to play a position where toughness means everything. Gregory couldn't cover, would be out of position, would rather jump over someone than make a tackle.

The Pats have had a really big problem at safety for a few years now. Browner is showing all what has been missing.

When you play for a Coach who is one of the best defensive minds of football...ever...and he can't get you to step up into proper position....then quite simply you have no defensive abilities at all.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

wish  him well in KC - Pats@KC week 4!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My TV must play a different version of Pat's games. All I ever saw was an undersized Man trying to play a position where toughness means everything. Gregory couldn't cover, would be out of position, would rather jump over someone than make a tackle.

The Pats have had a really big problem at safety for a few years now. Browner is showing all what has been missing.

When you play for a Coach who is one of the best defensive minds of football...ever...and he can't get you to step up into proper position....then quite simply you have no defensive abilities at all.

[/QUOTE]

he should not have been on the field as much as he was here. unfortunately, WIlson and Harmon could not step up and take snaps from him. I don't put that blame on Gregory.

if used more as the 3rd or 4th S in case of injury or rest for a series here and there, Gregory could have been used effectively. once he was on the field for so many snaps, the opposing team sought him out and successfully mismatched him quite often.

again, IMO, that is not on the player. that is on the GM and coach for not having better players in front of him, and putting him on positions where his skills would be exposed

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he should not have been on the field as much as he was here. unfortunately, WIlson and Harmon could not step up and take snaps from him. I don't put that blame on Gregory.

if used more as the 3rd or 4th S in case of injury or rest for a series here and there, Gregory could have been used effectively. once he was on the field for so many snaps, the opposing team sought him out and successfully mismatched him quite often.

again, IMO, that is not on the player. that is on the GM and coach for not having better players in front of him, and putting him on positions where his skills would be exposed

[/QUOTE]

I read on this board that Wilson was the best FA safety available last off season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Gregory has less worth than a bag of deflated footballs, I actually would take the revolving door of rag tag safeties we had three years ago over Gregory. He is too slow, too small and doesn't have the athleticism to make anything close to a difference. Waste of free agent dollars - and I don't care if it "didn't cost us that much" - we should of never wasted an ounce of time with him.

Other than that I wish him well and much success in the future.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I'm in the minority here but I liked Gregory. Sure he wasn't a stud but I thought he was adequate. Agree with rkarp that he played too many snaps here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Sleep, you feel ok? You agreed with me. What's up with that?

Sections
Shortcuts