In Defense of Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Defense of Moss

Recently, there was a typically biased, anti-Patriots column written by a hack named Freeman about how Randy Moss is dogging it...and how he's a TO-like poison to the Patriots. HOGWASH!!!!
     http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m9d30-Defending-Randy-Moss-against-CBS-Sports-columnist-Mike-Freemans-hatchet-job.    

Heres' another fine article in defense of Randy: http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/sp_fbn_moss_donaldson_09-29-09_AMFSRHI_v2.19c4dad.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: In Defense of Moss

I don't think he needs any defending, Texas. We all know that he's been an A#1 guy ever since he's been here, in every respect. A true Patriot and another BB steal from the pathetic raiders. I'm glad to have him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I read that article too and was very shocked...  It seems like nothing more then some hack of a reporter trying to stir the pot!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Hmmm...let's see...Moss leads the league in catches, holds the record for TD catches in a season (with the Pats), get along great with the QB and coach, is active in the community, keeps his nose clean - yeah, he is real poison. LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

leads the league in catches

impossible to dog it and lead this league

People just hate N.E

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The fact that we are even sitting here talking about this is giving this hack writer exactly what he wanted. All he wanted to do was stir the pot and get people to start dogging Moss and just giving him a second of your time to say he is full of it is still giving him what he wanted. He is just a hack writer who wants to be noticed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GMan1973. Show GMan1973's posts

The article is off.  But I do agree that Randy is sometimes is lazy.  He doesn't block and doesn't run his routes that hard when he is not the primary receiver on a play.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yes and your a Giants fan so we cant expect much from you anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zigmundo. Show zigmundo's posts

Freemans' a tool.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Too many a s s h o l e s in the media! The haters and trolls may eat this s h i t, but then again, he's telling them something they WANT to believe. Idiots will take stuff like that as gospel. I'm going to take the word of some people who may just have a bit more information on the subject. BB says Randy is the "smartest WR" he's ever seen in the NFL. His teammates call him the "hardest worker" of anyone on the team. He doesn't spew tons of BS to the press. And I've personally seen him catch balls over the middle when a first down is needed, block for other receivers (and runners), and also make a huge effort in tackling Revis after that INT a couple games ago. As a wise man once told me, "Believe only half of what you see, and NONE of what you hear!!!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

From what I can see he's running better routes and blocking better than Plax? 

Would you agree to that Gman?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mplsnick. Show mplsnick's posts

This is just another in a long line of ridiculous attacks against Randy Moss.  The guy squirt the ref with a water bottle in '99 and it's still talked about more than Ray Lewis's role in a murder ten years later.  The guy fake moons Green Bay fans (who are notorious for actually mooning players in the parking lot) and it's another example of what a trouble-maker he is.  Every possible negative thing the guy does is overblown by a factor of 100.  Meantime, every positive thing he does is basically ignored.  One year after catching 23 TDs and breaking Rice's record, I continue to hear so-called pundits put the likes of Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Andre Johnson and Terrell Owens ahead of him on their list of best receivers in the league.  Andre Johnson's best year was 8 TDs.  Moss AVERAGES 12.2 per year in his first 11 years.  It's beyond a joke.  Moss is inarguably the second best receiver of all-time; no one but Rice comes close to his accomplishments and not even Rice alters defenses the way Moss does.  As BB said when he got Moss, "There is no single player who alters defenses more than Randy Moss."  That tells me all I need to know.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Reporters are lower than slug slime. Tomasse, the Burfalo media baiting TO, this guy, all the talking crackheads on the tube.

Just a thought, what would sports be like without media coverage? Two guys do the game, halftime is the band on the field, no sideline reports, no locker room quotes, no post game baiting, and NO ESPN!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This is what we need . More Media outlets coming up with more anti patriot news! We thrive off the haters and the doubters. The Tom jacksons of the world.

This reminds me did any of you happen to see NFL countdown when Chris Carter blatantly said Brady is afraid to get hit and he needs to take a hit like a man. It was phenomenal! Tom Jackson was next to him sheepishly nodding his head. No team really needs bulletin board material but it never hurts to add fuel to the New England Patriot Fire!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

All player take play off this guy is an idiot. He also doesn't realize he also runs the longest routes the whole game for the Pats and it out there for nearly every snap. He has to conserve his energy at times. On top of that when he is running 3/4 speed he is trying to set up the DB then burst and blow by him just like in the 1st quarter when Brady missed him on the 50+ yard bomb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

That Freeman guy is the biggest clown I've seen in my life. Randy Moss always dulls of when he's starting a route to lull the defenders to sleep, then he excellerates. This guy knows absolutley nothing about the New England Patriots. If anything Moss has made a mediorce Tom Brady seem better than he has been this season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

You can't take away sportscenter but if your going to do it please start with Sterling Sharp.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommiller4025. Show tommiller4025's posts

Just another journalist who want some recognition - no truth to anything he says - he is just writing this stuff to get noticed.  Moss has been an asset the whole time he has been with the Pats.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I did see that Carter/Jackson comment. I've always known Jackson hated the Pats, does anyone know why?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikec645. Show mikec645's posts

I think it's funny about people outside of NE want to criticize Moss and try to tell Patriots fans how bad he is but I haven't met a single Patriots fan that doesn't love him.  Imo he has been everything the Patriots need him to be.  You shouldn't pick apart his plays-off unless you're comparing him against another WR, this weeks articles are a joke anyway considering he was on the injury report.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: In Defense of Moss:
    [QUOTE]I did see that Carter/Jackson comment. I've always known Jackson hated the Pats, does anyone know why?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I know ever since he said BB lost the team and the team hated him after the Milloy release BB has pretty much shunned the guy as a media member. He probably hates us now that BB made him look foolish for winning the Superbowl that year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

I am pretty sure Freeman is functionally retarded. Pay him no mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

That's so ridiculous.  I agree with everything you guys have said - Moss is the best WR in the league, hands down. 

So what if he isn't getting 3-4 TD's a game right now, he's trying to fill the void of moving the chains since Welker is out.  He's expanding his game to make up for the absence of another WR threat that was unable to play the last 2 games by running across the middle and getting first downs. 

I remember Tom Jackson in 2003 after the Pats lost to the Bills on opening day and he said "That team hates their coach, there's no getting around it.. he's lost that locker room.  They're going to struggle all year.. blah blah blah".. real struggle, 14-2 with a Lombardi trophy to finish it off.  I don't care for Jackson; I do like Chris Berman and (sometimes) Keyshawn, when he's not letting his ego get in his way.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Thanks guys, I bet he wishes he ate his words when he had a chance. 

84 has been nothing but great on and off the field and for some reason the media won't give him a break. Brady almost had him a couple of times but it was Brady long, not Moss being covered. Look for that hookup in the second half this week. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: In Defense of Moss:
    [QUOTE]Thanks guys, I bet he wishes he ate his words when he had a chance.  84 has been nothing but great on and off the field and for some reason the media won't give him a break. Brady almost had him a couple of times but it was Brady long, not Moss being covered. Look for that hookup in the second half this week. 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I like Ben Watson and all but I think you meant 81. Its all good though because you are absolutely correct. It is great to see our game plan working. Moss and co. are getting open and the weather surely played a part in the drops and over throws.

Sections
Shortcuts