In Defense of Moss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: In Defense of Moss

How to get noticed - "Write something outrageous that goes against the stream of what has been actually happening with some wishful thinking and personal opinions."  Do this and you get noticed and people discuss your article.  As a result, people start looking you up to see what other nonsense you are writing.  Does that seem about right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

When there was journalism, these people wouldn't be able to get a job let alone keep one. They could spell, too, which makes it easier to read, which even makes it easier to use the Internet. No good writers since TV started. Look at the pretty pictures! So, if people don't read, they might not be able to think very good and so they are more susceptable to bullsh*t. Like many of you said, stir the pot. That only takes a spoon (or a stick!), not a brain.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

And another thing...have the seeds to confront Randy with this dribble? Yeah, real cowards. Jackson crawls from a rock every week. I can only stand Jaworsky and starting to like Chucky.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from drawme. Show drawme's posts

Didn't the coaching staff award him a game ball for that game?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re-read the posts by agcsbill and noncallcity and you will know everything you need to know on this subject.

Regulars here have heard me say this 417 times but this is what you get when you have too many media outlets (noncall makes an excellent point about the advent of television, and the interwebs have made it exponentially worse) and not enough journalists (unless you consider none to be an acceptable amount). It's all about "hits" now, and the way you get hits is to print something that is beyond retarded and get someone to tell all his friends, "Hey, check out this retahd!", thus shotgunning you all over the interwebs and encouraging you to plumb even more retarded depths in a never-ending quest to be the biggest idiot in the global village.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Okay so Moss leads the league in receptions (26) and is 5th in Yards (281) with a sore back. Exactly how is that dogging it? I'll admit, it doesn't seem like he is extending to grab the ball sometimes, but I think that is the back talking, he is running great routes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: In Defense of Moss:
    I don't think he needs any defending, Texas. We all know that he's been an A#1 guy ever since he's been here, in every respect. A true Patriot and another BB steal from the pathetic raiders. I'm glad to have him.
    Posted by unclealfie

Moss does need to know how we Patriot fans feel...and that we're not buying this guys' BS. Furthermore, idiot "journalists" like Freeman must be called out and ridiculed for the frauds that they are. 

John Tomase, anyone?  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

here is some more illumination:

http://thesunchronicle.ning.com/profiles/blogs/randy-moss-dogging-it

Interesting that Freeman is the real scumbag here

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BriGuy301a. Show BriGuy301a's posts

The article is off.  But I do agree that Randy is sometimes is lazy.  He doesn't block and doesn't run his routes that hard when he is not the primary receiver on a play.
    Posted by GMan1973

So let me see if I get this -- you agree that Moss doesn't block, and that he doesn't run his routes when he's not the primary receiver, yet somehow conclude that Freeman's article is "off."  How is it off?  That was his whole point. 

I want to believe that Moss has that true Patriot blue-collar work ethic -- I really do -- but sometimes my eyes just don't allow me to.  Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for a writer to point out what Freeman does in this article; namely, that Moss's indifferent body language, not only when he's running half-hearted routes, but even when he BREAKS THE HUDDLE,  tips off the defense.  To observant opponents and coaches, how could it NOT ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

In Response to Re: In Defense of Moss : So let me see if I get this -- you agree that Moss doesn't block, and that he doesn't run his routes when he's not the primary receiver, yet somehow conclude that Freeman's article is "off."  How is it off?  That was his whole point.  I want to believe that Moss has that true Patriot blue-collar work ethic -- I really do -- but sometimes my eyes just don't allow me to.  Frankly, I'm surprised it's taken this long for a writer to point out what Freeman does in this article; namely, that Moss's indifferent body language, not only when he's running half-hearted routes, but even when he BREAKS THE HUDDLE,  tips off the defense.  To observant opponents and coaches, how could it NOT ?
    Posted by BriGuy301a

You're replying to a Giants fan who could care less about the Pats or Moss. He does have the Pats work ethic or BB wouldn't stand for it. You must know more than BB because his word's were "there isn't a bigger game changer in the NFL" 
    Does any wide out run 100% every play or do they do what they have to do to complete their objective for the called play. Stop yelling fire when he leads the league in receptions and gets game balls from the best coach in the NFL.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

If he breaks the huddle looking like he is not involved in the play, do you think the opponents will just ignore him? I certainly hope so lol, and that's probably what he is trying to do as well. There are so many blown coverage against Moss over the years, you have to think that this has something to do with it. BB said he is one of the smartest WR there is, so you don't think maybe he is trying to trick the defense? Ever play poker before?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Goes to show once you have a rep, deserved or not, it's hard to shake, especially when some national writer who probably watches 5 mins. of the game is looking for someone to read his articles by being a loudmouth.  Moss produces and has not been a liability off the field, bottom line.  Mike Freeman probably got dissed by Randy at some point and is looking to stir it up.      

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BriGuy301a. Show BriGuy301a's posts

If he breaks the huddle looking like he is not involved in the play, do you think the opponents will just ignore him? I certainly hope so lol, and that's probably what he is trying to do as well.  Ever play poker before?
    Posted by pochen23

As to your first question:  I've seen it with my own eyes.  In fact, when Freeman makes the point that opponents who never dared to single-cover Randy in the past, now do so on plays where they've picked up his tell, I think he actually understated the case.  I've seen plays where he WAS virtually ignored.  Sure, we'd all LIKE to believe that it's all by grand design, that Randy's "really" playing 12th-dimensional chess every single second he's out there, but wishing won't make it so.  Sometimes it's just what it appears to be -- laziness.  (And allow me to anticipate your objection by pointing out that no, being ignored by the defense wouldn't necessarily mean Tom could make them pay for it by immediately zipping one to #81; with slow-developing screen plays or draws that are called to the other side of where Randy lines up, it's a virtual certainty that Tom won't be looking his way, and Randy's Read Me Like A Book body language can indeed allow the defense to focus away from him.)  Nobody's saying Moss does this all the time.  But the Patriot way is supposed to be to go full bore ALL the time, and much as I'd like to believe Moss does, he doesn't. 

As to your second question: Have I ever played poker before?  It's how I've made my living for the last 17 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Ignorant Colts' fans are still running with Freeman's bogus story on Randy Moss. Is it any wonder why Colts' fans Jules and UDogg prefer posting here?: http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat:db3f8cfb-fbf2-46a8-9949-2d94e2faab75Forum:655098da-bc11-4421-9a76-5d5ab989bbfdDiscussion:04df599f-5ed0-48a4-93ab-974e416d661b

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"Hogwash", Tex ? I could easily take offense, though I agree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

"Hogwash", Tex ? I could easily take offense, though I agree.
    Posted by Hog73

I beg your forgiveness, Your Hogship!! LOL!!

Sections
Shortcuts