In Jest-ville let the games begin.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In Jest-ville let the games begin.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8959634/darrelle-revis-wants-answers-new-york-jets

Darrelle Revis has been listening, but he still hasn't heard anything from the New York Jetsto make him feel confident that he'll be on the roster next season.

"No," Revis said in an interview taped last week in Arizona with NFL Network. "I don't know if they're doing that because they think that I'm not going to get back to 100 percent? I'm a Jet until they tell me I'm not a Jet."

The cornerback, who is rehabbing an ACL injury, gave support to the idea that team owner Woody Johnson might not want to pay him what he believes he is worth. Despite that, Revis reiterated that he wants to remain in New York.

"If I do get traded I'm not going to sit here and pout and cry," Revis said, "but I've told them numerous times that I want to be here so it's up to them and management what they want to do."

Revis tore his ACL on Sept. 23 against the Miami Dolphins. NFL Network has been following up with the cornerback on a regular basis as he rehabilitates the injured knee. The report aired Monday night and was taped after the fallout from John Idzik's first week as the team's new general manager at Jets headquarters in Florham Park, N.J.

In his first interview with reporters, Idzik did not deny reports that Revis could be traded, and said the cornerback would be evaluated like any other player on the roster.

"To me it was kind of rude because it was John Idzik's first day on the job," Revis said.

Revis tweeted that day that he was "speechless," and explained that was because Idzik hadn't even reached out to Revis beforehand.

"I was speechless because I didn't get a phone call," Revis said. "I know it's a business -- just call me; don't have it lingering out there. I need answers and I'm not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If that's how you want to do business, then that's fine."

Revis is under contract with the Jets next season, but given reports that the Jets are open to dealing Revis, and Idzik's tepid response when asked about the all-pro corner, anything is possible. He has a year left on his deal but considered it a Band-Aid and was of the understanding it would be reworked before the 2012 season. Revis has held out twice with the Jets when negotiating contracts, and even considered a holdout before last year.

He spoke with Idzik soon after his tweet.

"He was a straightforward guy," Revis said. "He didn't cut no corners he just said he don't know he don't know what's going on, that it didn't come from him. Just from talking to him that one conversation, I respect him."

Revis said he thought it started at the top with Johnson, the Jets owner. Kremer asked Revis if he thought Johnson might not be willing to pay what Revis is worth.

"That might be a situation, that might be an option," Revis said.

Revis said he also spoke with Jets coach Rex Ryan after the incident, but it was more personal than business.

Hey not as fat Rex...  this is "Rexellent"! This might be a situation ha ha.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: In Jest-ville let the games begin.

This is why I have no respect for most players, the "I want to stay here" comments but they don't bother mentioning "if they pay me" thought. Same thing happens with Ortiz yearly. The "I want to remain a Red Sox" but complain about what you get paid. It's very far and few inbetween that truly want to stay with a team and not get full price available. Bruschi was one of those types of players that took hometown discounts to stay on the Pats.

If players really wanted to stay on any team then they have to be willing not to go after the highest contract possible. You can have one or the other but not both in most cases.

I have to say though Revis was saying the right things in that he wouldn't cry about a trade but then turns around and says that he's speechless Idzik wasn't keeping him informed? Hate to tell Revis but he signed a contract for a ton of money, that gives the team the right not to have his opinion be heard on trades. They have the right to find the best deal on the market same as him in FA.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Wow if he holds out, after signing the big bucks contract, * which I think he will * , he won't get any sympathy from me. We'll see how we'll he's managed his money by how long he can go without a pay check. Then the fines for not showing up.  It'll be better then a reality show, with the exception of gold rush ha ha. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

Wow if he holds out, after signing the big bucks contract, * which I think he will * , he won't get any sympathy from me. We'll see how we'll he's managed his money by how long he can go without a pay check. Then the fines for not showing up.  It'll be better then a reality show, with the exception of gold rush ha ha. 

I think they've been working on trading him.  The word was Tannenmoron was trying to trade his overpaid and arrogant behind last August.  Once he blew out his leg down in Miami, he couldn't trade him, obviously.

The problem in trading him and getting value back is his pricetag. His contract problems become his new team's problems and they lose a draft pick, to boot.

Cap does not go up until 2015.  The best case scenario is they can't get what they want, he holds out again, and they have to keep him. lol

It might make MORE sense to deal Cromartie in the last year of his deal.  The problem there is also paying Cromartie.  HE's going to want 10+ mil per if he has another good year in 2013.

He's so arrogant in thinking he needs a "phone call" to advise him that the GM has to alert him they're in discussions for trading him after multiple holdouts, missing games, missing seasons, etc.

Mevis is all about Mevis.

And I thought meshawn, me O, and me glen were on offense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEBACK. Show WeDerrWEBACK's posts

He really cant hold out. If he does his contract becomes a 7 year contract at 3MM per or something close to that for the 3 years after this year.  Even he is not stupid enough to test his luck on that. He is either traded, signs a new contract/extension or he plays this year and cashes in next year.  Those are really his only options, holding out will not happen due to lanuage in the contract.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's a lot of contract and a draft pick as well.  Your looking at a team like cincy with the cap space.  well it is mike brown after all. I bet there's medical clauses involved. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

He's been a big part of their problems and mismanagement. The constant holdouts and using the media for leverage, where they've caved in numerous times, has been a big part of their collective problems.

Guy just isnt worth it with the baggage he brings.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

He's been a big part of their problems and mismanagement. The constant holdouts and using the media for leverage, where they've caved in numerous times, has been a big part of their collective problems.

Guy just isnt worth it with the baggage he brings.

Agree. You look at the money, now his age, the huge ego, etc, it's n ot worth it at all.  He'll never be as good as he was in his rookie deal either.

His best year was 2009 when Ryan arrived. That was 4 years ago for crying out loud.

No doubt. Guy is cancer.

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts