Re: In memory of Myra.

Glad the TEAM doesn't think it's silly.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I am in

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In Response to Re: In memory of Myra.:
    [QUOTE]Glad the TEAM doesn't think it's silly.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

Your not on the team and in case you havn't noticed over the last 30+ years it standard sports protocol to sew the initials of resent deceased owners onto their uniforms.  By the way, the players are the employees and will wear the uniform no matter what is sewed onto it.

I'm not going to go get into a slap fight with anyone wanting to gayout.  You are free to do what you want weather I think it's queer or not.

You can all start a 12th man club. Kinda like the Red Hat Ladies or the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, for all I care.....enjoy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : Your not on the team and in case you havn't noticed over the last 30+ years it standard sports protocol to sew the initials of resent deceased owners onto their uniforms.  By the way, the players are the employees and will wear the uniform no matter what is sewed onto it. I'm not going to go get into a slap fight with anyone wanting to gayout.  You are free to do what you want weather I think it's queer or not. You can all start a 12th man club. Kinda like the Red Hat Ladies or the Sisterhood of the traveling pants for all I care.....enjoy.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Cant see why a team coming together for a common cause is wrong, silly or gay.
    The team mentions it all the time.  See Painting given to Kraft.
    The year is dedicated to her remembrance.
    If you don't want to jump on board, that's fine.
    Just don't criticize those that do, it's uncalled for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : Your not on the team and in case you havn't noticed over the last 30+ years it standard sports protocol to sew the initials of resent deceased owners onto their uniforms.  By the way, the players are the employees and will wear the uniform no matter what is sewed onto it. I'm not going to go get into a slap fight with anyone wanting to gayout.  You are free to do what you want weather I think it's queer or not. You can all start a 12th man club. Kinda like the Red Hat Ladies or the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, for all I care.....enjoy.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Calling this gesture "gay" is pretty despicable. You should be ashamed of yourself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Myra Kraft Continues to Inspire Patriots, As Meaningful Painting Adorns Locker Room on Game Days

Bob and Myra KraftFOXBORO, Mass. -- The symbol of inspiration is impossible to ignore, and its meaning carries a message that has stayed at the fore of the Patriots' minds throughout the 2011 season.

On game days, the Patriots can't set foot in their locker room without seeing a giant painting in memory of Myra Kraft, the late wife of owner Robert Kraft. The players gave the painting to Kraft after the Patriots' victory against the Dolphins in Week 16. 

Earlier in the season, the players came together to decide they wanted to get a gift for Kraft, and left tackleMatt Light -- the third-longest tenured player on the team -- recommended a painter who could put together something meaningful.

The result: A large vertical painting with the Patriots' "Flying Elvis" logo over Myra's initials, "MHK," which overlook the players as they huddle with their hands together in unison. Below, the word "dedication" is written in capital letters.

"This whole season, we've had a little bit of extra motivation," special teams captain Matthew Slater said after Saturday's playoff victory against the Broncos. "We know what Mrs. Kraft meant to this organization, especially to Mr. Kraft. It's a very tough time for him and his family. He's really taking it hard. In a way, we've dedicated this season to being as successful as we can for her in her memory. She's a wonderful lady, has a tremendous legacy, so it is a little extra inspiration to see that picture when we come in here."

The Patriots have worn "MHK" patches on their jerseys all season, but the painting has taken a different type of meaning. It's been placed in the center of the locker room throughout the last two game days -- Week 17 against the Bills and Saturday against the Broncos -- and it's got a significant presence.

The players have said they know, just by looking at the painting, that this season has an added meaning.

"I think it's a great thing to have in here for what she represented, what that picture represents in honoring her," Slater said. "It says everything it needs to say, the painting itself, and the patches we've been playing with all season. We know she's with us in spirit. It means a lot to Mr. Kraft and his family, and it means a lot to us, also. Hopefully we can continue to have success for her."

Another captain, second-year cornerback Devin McCourty, added, "We know Mr. Kraft went through a lot, and she was a big part of this organization. She's been on our jerseys, and she's been in our hearts the whole season."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

LOL @ TFB...funny pics man.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

IN

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

bump

Don't be the jinx.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

I'm not much into symbolism...but I am into the Patriots. I see nothing wrong with paying tribute to the greatest owner in sports today, Mr. Robert Kraft, by remembering Mrs. Kraft.

I'd love nothing more than to see our boys batter the bullies from Baltimore, and see BB hand the Lamar Hunt trophy over to Mr. Kraft. What a fine gift to give to such a fine man.  

MHK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

I sometimes wonder when I hear players praise their owners, if they're just saying what they think they have to because they're talking about their boss. 

But I think these Pats sincerely respect and admire the Krafts. So Tcal might be right that players will wear whatever patch is sewn on to the jersey, but there's no doubt in my mind MHK truly means something to this team. I agree with T-Pat it would be great to see the trophy in Mr. Krafts hands tonight--GO PATS!!

MHK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I sometimes wonder when I hear players praise their owners, if they're just saying what they think they have to because they're talking about their boss.  But I think these Pats sincerely respect and admire the Krafts. So Tcal might be right that players will wear whatever patch is sewn on to the jersey, but there's no doubt in my mind MHK truly means something to this team. I agree with T-Pat it would be great to see the trophy in Mr. Krafts hands tonight--GO PATS!!                                  MHK
    Posted by wmasschilly[/QUOTE]

Just like the folks here, most will embrace the gesture sincerely. But I'm sure there are one or two on the team like tcal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : Just like the folks here, most will embrace the gesture sincerely. But I'm sure there are one or two on the team like tcal.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Let it go Babe, Tcal is a great contributor and fan of the board, I respect his right not use "MHK" as those who choose to. The term "gayout" does not offend me, that his opionion. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : Let it go Babe, Tcal is a great contributor and fan of the board, I respect his right not use "MHK" as those who choose to. The term "gayout" does not offend me, that his opionion.   
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I respect anybody's right to not partake in the gesture. I don't respect anybody pizzing on people who choose to partake.

He could have just s t f u about it like a decent person would have. And I think my analogy is perfectly accurate. I'm sure a couple of the players think it's "gay" too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : I respect anybody's right to not partake in the gesture. I don't respect anybody pizzing on people who choose to partake. He could have just s t f u about it like a decent person would have. And I think my analogy is perfectly accurate. I'm sure a couple of the players think it's "gay" too.

More Board vomit.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SANPAT. Show SANPAT's posts

In response to "Re: In memory of Myra.": [QUOTE] Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE] I am just good at spottin diversity. NOT GAY MHK

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: In memory of Myra.": I am just good at spottin diversity. NOT GAY MHK
    Posted by SANPAT[/QUOTE]

diversity is the liberal buzz word for dividing cultures, not bring them together. the lets ram diversity down our throats plan has created more racial and gender tension. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In memory of Myra. : More Board vomit.  
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Whatever. You've already shown yourself to be a low-life on this subject. There isn't much more you could do to make yourself look worse.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I say MHK intervened in this game to mess up that FG.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Bump.....  In the interest of Respect and all things Patriots.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMacPatFan. Show PMacPatFan's posts

Yes. Good energy starts here.

In Response to In memory of Myra.:
    [QUOTE]I am changing my sig to MHK for the playoff run to commemorate her. We may argue sometimes but we are all Patriots' family in the end. Anybody want to join me?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Will do as soon as I can get to my computer. My iPad won't let me change my signature for some reason. It'll be done before the game starts, I guarantee it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think the painting will be on the podium, during the presentation of the Lombardi Trophy.....And you know the media will spend next week going off on that

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

0205_FRHN_NW_kraftpaint.jpg

Sections
Shortcuts