In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released

Sorry, no link.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released

I just heard it on Sirius. it makes since. We probably just got a good look at the rookies and ssaw something in Bolden? We need 3 TE's, we need ridley,vareen and Woody.  Imo we definitely need a FB, preferably Spencer. So I guess old and injury prone Addai was the odd man out. Probably good news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

I would guess a FB will stick or Bolden?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I sat on your toilet. Show I sat on your toilet's posts

I wasn't too high on the signing to begin with. I prefered Ryan Grant. This doesn't bother me at all

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wow, this surprises me.  I wonder if Faulk will be kept around or even maybe in a coaching capacity.  I was kind of excitied to see Addai in a Pats uniform even if it was at the end of his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Gonzalez gone, Addai gone, and we didn't sign Dallas Clark.....excellent, no colts on the roster!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

they must like bolden/ridley/vareen/woodhead

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released:
    [QUOTE]I just heard it on Sirius. it makes since. We probably just got a good look at the rookies and ssaw something in Bolden? We need 3 TE's, we need ridley,vareen and Woody.  Imo we definitely need a FB, preferably Spencer. So I guess old and injury prone Addai was the odd man out. Probably good news.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

i was reading hearing the saem thing (re bolden), apparently something good seen in bloden. excellent!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Yep. I figured he'd be the odd man out due to him not staying on the field in recent years.  They must really be intrigued by Bolden and happy with Ridley and Vereen's progression. Woodhead is dirt cheap and stunningly the veteran of the group. Will probably shake down like this: Ridley, Vereen, Woodhead, Bolden and Larsen (FB).
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

totally could see that

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released :   Now, you're ready to go with unproven fumbling RBs? 
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Unproven, yes. Fumbling? LOL

Combined, both have 2 fumbles in their pro careers. Ridley had one in the regular season, one in the playoffs. Vereen has zero fumbles as a pro.

Try again, troll...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Look for more RBs coming in to camp.  I think BB will want some more competition at this position.  I think he'd still like a competent veteran to back up the young guys.  I suspect that's what he was hoping for with Addai, but looks like Addai just doesn't have the legs and/or health anymore. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

called this a while ago. They want a more aggressive consistent running game which means calling a a true FB on the roster not a 3rd down pass catching RB when you already have two that can perform similar tasks (Vereen and Woodhead)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

I'm sure the pats bring in another veteran rb in here. Possibly kick tires on Ryan Grant or C Benson possibly? Possibly someone else.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released": [QUOTE]Wow, this surprises me.  I wonder if Faulk will be kept around or even maybe in a coaching capacity.  I was kind of excitied to see Addai in a Pats uniform even if it was at the end of his career. Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE] Me too TFB. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Sorry to see him cut, especially since I live in Indiana, and having Addai tear it up for the Pats would have been classic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: In Other News: WEEI Reporting that Addai has been released : I didn't say that whatsoever. I was not a fan of the signing but thought it was a fine veteran camp add for depth.   He doesn't fumble, but his injuries in recent years are an issue.   The only think I liked about it was the fact he's a veteran and an LSU guy where he could connect with Ridley. In fact, I specfically stated if Bolden looks good, don't be surprised if Addai goes due to cost and youth. Someone the other day said Woodhead was a bubble guy and I said I don't feel that way at all. Addai would go before Woodhead. Again, I was right.  Prolate can ever vouch for this discussion. You're the worst liar on planet earth. You're not even a good liar. You just pop in here like an insecure virgin dork claiming I say things I don't even say. Are you any closer to losing that virginity?  LMAO
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

In fairness to Rusty, I think he was always lukewarm about Addai.  Like Rusty, I think it is smart for BB to be looking for some more veteran talent at RB (Woodhead is the only tailback with experience on the roster now).  I suspect another veteran will show up at some point before the season begins. 

On Woodhead, I've always said he's likely to stick because of his experience, but I've also said that there's a possibility he'd be gone if a reliable veteran could be found and if Vereen proves he can be a better passing down back.  Those are two big "ifs," but I do think the drop-off in Woodhead's effectiveness last year suggests a need to improve that passing-down back position, which means Woodhead isn't quite a lock.  

With Addai gone though, I think Woodhead probably will stick.  I doubt BB will go into the season without an experienced veteran to back up the young guys. I believe Faulk stuck around last season exactly because BB felt he needed a veteran presence--and also because he was hoping Faulk could return to past form and provide some good snaps in the Woodhead role. I think Faulk is washed up and won't be back--but I also wouldn't be totally surprised if BB finds room for him on the roster if he can't find another decent veteran.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Weird. I'm starting to think that the team is using this entire offseason to try to keep adding players and build better competition and that every time they get a chance to add a player who could make the team more competitive they cut one who is less competitive. I've heard through inside sources that they plan to have some sort of football camp where they will eventually try to determine who the best 53 players are. Mind bottling...I hope other teams don't get word of this revolutionary approach to offseason team building.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]Weird. I'm starting to think that the team is using this entire offseason to try to keep adding players and build better competition and that every time they get a chance to add a player who could make the team more competitive they cut one who is less competitive. I've heard through inside sources that they plan to have some sort of football camp where they will eventually try to determine who the best 53 players are. Mind bottling...I hope other teams don't get word of this revolutionary approach to offseason team building.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

You mean they don't keep under performing players under fear that it would hurt their brand (ala Red Sox)?

Or they don't make aggressive moves to improve a very good team under fear that it will fail and you would fall back into mediocre (ala Bruins and Celtics)?

Though I love the moves the Celtics have made so far (just wish they started to blow it up and build around Rondo instead of KG at this point). I'm disappointed that the Bruins are scared to make any top 2 line moves after winning the cup, honestly if the could move Krejci as the main chip for Bobby Ryan that needs to be done.

The Sox at this point are helpless. They are more interested in selling bricks, a fake sellout strike, and useless pieces of plastic known as nation cards then they are about winning championships. I said last off-season they should have sold Ellsbury at his peak value for some pitching and dump Beckett while they could. Instead Beckett is untradable at this point, same with Ellsbury (who they won't resign and will get nothing for him), and now Lester is falling apart. What's right for the team short and long term isn't what's always popular for fans and the Sox need a major shake up right now. I just don't think the management will do anything to PO the pink hats though, because that's where their cash cow is. We'll get a big load saying that Crawford and Ellsbury back along with Lacky coming back is like trading for 3 all-stars and it's like pulling off a major trade without giving up prospects (wouldn't be the first time they would have said that)

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TitleTown11. Show TitleTown11's posts

[QUOTE]I hope he is back later on. That was a very quick pull and we have no experience on the roster now outside of Woody and color me Un-enthused. I hope he brings in a veteran that can help.
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

Please no Kevin Faulk! You know his ears perked up when he heard this...I just want Kevin to retire already. He is slooooooowwwww!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

MJD is refusing to show uo to TC. 

"Jaguars now have their answer: Unhappy with his contract, RB Maurice Jones-Drew will not report to training camp today, per sources." - Adam Schefter tweet

I doubt the Patriots make a move for him but, could you imagine it? 

Sections
Shortcuts