In the first round you expected Bill to...( tell the truth)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In the first round you expected Bill to...( tell the truth)

Now that the first round smoke has cleared is there anyone who foresaw Bill's moves

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: In the first round you expected Bill to...( tell the truth)

I can say with absolute certainty that I predicted that no one would correctly predict exactly what BB would do (including me).

But I LOVE the moves.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I figured use one first rounder, trade the next into next year and maybe get a 2nd or third this year. I figured DT or 3-4 DE and a safety would be the early targets. I was wrong, but I'm happy with how it's going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In Response to Re: In the first round you expected Bill to...( tell the truth):
    [QUOTE]Poor Rusty must be stewing in his own vomit right about now.  TRADE UP?  TRADE UP TWICE?  Who does that?  These guys had better be probowlers this year or they are busts.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

What are you babbling about now child?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I thought he would trade up for defense, and was hoping for it but never thought that he would do it twice and keep both 2nd round picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I expected him to use 27 on a front 7 player on then trade 31 down with a team like the Colts (up 34 to take Fleener) or Browns (up from 37 to take Weeden). At 34/37 I thought we would get Jenkins/Smith or an o-lineman. The move down would have landed us an extra 4th from either team and that would end up being defensive backfield or O-line depth. I thought he'd go fron 7, WR, RB with the 48/62/93 picks in some order.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I only made one correct call on what BB would do I said in a post just the other day"Don't be surprised if BB trades both of his first round picks". I didn't know which direction and if you held a gun to my head and said which way will he go i would've said opposite of what he did...He got me this time!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejb222. Show ejb222's posts

I expected him to trade down at least one of the picks. Then people were talking about trading up for Mark Brown...I started to believe it. But he went top 10 and I thought for sure it was going to be typical Pats draft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Here's what I posted on my mock thread yesterday, see the bright red highlights:

ü The top of my Rd 1 Board today looks like this, though I think will likely be gone by 27/31:  

S- Mark Barron
    DL- Michael Brockers

ü
     I’m also of the belief that when all is said and done, BB will likely have traded one of, if not both of his Rd 1 picks due to some combo of maybe moving up into the early 20’s to draft a player that is sliding a bit and/or to move back to acquire more picks for this year and the future as he seems to do every year.

With that being said, below is my projection, not factoring in potential trades: 

27-
    Courtney Upshaw- BB finally gets his high round edge rusher.   I think he makes too much sense for them.   A lot of experience against elite competition and in a BB style 34 defense (which should reduce his ramp up time), has excellent upside as an edge rusher, is well versed in a BB style 34 scheme, kid also has good size, plays with a huge motor and is very stout/physical vs. the run.  He brings scheme versatility with the ability to play on his feet in a 34 and with his hand in the dirt when they go 43.  He projects as 3 down backer at the NFL level.
    Alternatives: Donta Hightower- LB- Alabama / Stephon Gilmore CB/S South Carolina 

Sections
Shortcuts