Incognito should be available soon - will the pats pursue him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Incognito should be available soon - will the pats pursue him?

thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Incognito should be available soon - will the pats pursue him?

Yeah, "available" to the local inmates as fresh-meat.

The guy is in hot-water, and his actions may have legal implications. 

Regardless, I never want the guy anywhere near the team. Can't see how the Patriots (or any other NFL organization, for that matter) would ever take a flyer on him. Can't imagine how ANY employer, NFL or otherwise, would ever give this guy a job. 

He's in some deep trouble, that's for sure. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think Indy will make a run at him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Do not recognoze who Incognito is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

We just dumped an Aaron Hernandez. I don't think we need a Richie Incognito.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/04/reports-incognito-left-racial-slur-death-threat-on-martins-voicemail/

As more details emerge of the situation in Miami that caused Dolphins offensive linemanJonathan Martin to leave the team and caused the Dolphins to suspend Richie Incognito, it’s sounding more and more like Incognito’s mistreatment of Martin went far beyond normal locker room hazing.

According to two reports, officials with both the Dolphins and the NFL have seen and heard communications that Incognito sent to Martin’s phone, on which Incognito calls Martin a racial slur and threatens to kill him.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that in April of 2013, Incognito left a voicemail for Martin saying, “Hey, wassup, you half n—– piece of [expletive] . . . I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. [I want to] [expletive] in your [expletive] mouth. [I'm going to] slap your [expletive] mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face (laughter). [Expletive] you, you’re still a rookie. I’ll kill you.”

Jason La Canfora of CBS reports that Incognito also used the “half-n—–” epithet in a text message to Martin, and that Incognito sent Martin texts in which he made reference to tracking down members of Martin’s family and harming them. La Canfora reports that Martin was worried that Incognito wasn’t just talking trash and might actually be planning to harm Martin or his family.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

To those of you who defending this jerk's "hazing" and called Martin a "baby."

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Go back to the: "Is it just me..." thread.

There is NO defending this stuff.  These are grown adults, getting paid millions to play a for-profit game.  You have it backwards: it's not Martin who needs to have a mental evaluation; it's Incognito.

Yeah, I played varsity sports all the way through college.  I was in a frat.  I know what "hazing" is and I know when it becomes outright inexcusable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportswizard1. Show Sportswizard1's posts

He like he might be roid raging! So I doubt he'll be showing up in New England anytime soon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1835576-sources-rookie-tax-at-the-heart-of-miami-dolphins-hazing-of-jonathan-martin

Miami Herald writer Adam Beasley first reported on the rookie tax. One first-year player was given a bill for a $30,000 team dinner (the rookie minimum is about $400,000). Beasley also tweeted that veterans having financial difficulties were using younger players as ATMs.

ESPN.com reported that Martin was asked by Incognito to contribute $15,000 for a trip by a group of Dolphins veterans who were traveling to Las Vegas. The story said Martin contributed, even though he didn't go, because he feared if he did not contribute, there would be retribution from Incognito.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

thoughts?

The Colts should sign him.  Then giving up a 1st for Richardson would only be the 2nd worst acquisition in the NFL this year.  LMAO @ U.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Incognito is a pile of ***t.

I hope he gets a few months in Miami-Dade correctional GenPop.

No one ever deserves to be treated like he/they treated Martin.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Do not recognize who Incognito is.

[/QUOTE]

Aha!  I see what you did there!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yeah, just what the Pats need.  Another psychopath to replace Hernandez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To those of you who defending this jerk's "hazing" and called Martin a "baby."

Multiple sources confirmed to ESPN that the following is a transcript of a voice message Incognito left for Martin in April 2013, a year after Martin was drafted:

"Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of s---. I saw you on Twitter, you been training 10 weeks. [I want to] s--- in your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your f---ing mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. F--- you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."

Go back to the: "Is it just me..." thread.

There is NO defending this stuff.  These are grown adults, getting paid millions to play a for-profit game.  You have it backwards: it's not Martin who needs to have a mental evaluation; it's Incognito.

Yeah, I played varsity sports all the way through college.  I was in a frat.  I know what "hazing" is and I know when it becomes outright inexcusable.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Sending death threats and sticking rookies with a $30,000 bills for veteran vacations is far beyond hazing. A rookie drafted in the 5th or lower is likely making ~$200,00 take home, after everything is said and done. After retirement planning and mortgage payments, you know general life investments, they are not rich enough to drop $5000 a week on veterans who are just acting privileged. 

The idea of using rookies like ATMs is even worse: I'd be interested in the extent of this, because it's crooked and thuggish and so far beyond the pale of having the rookies pick up a tab. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there................

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We don't want that garbage. He should be a Colt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The guy can't play...what exactly is his claim to fame?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Incognito is a pile of ***t.

I hope he gets a few months in Miami-Dade correctional GenPop.

No one ever deserves to be treated like he/they treated Martin.

[/QUOTE]

Good god. He was on Twitter calling out Shefter and his sources (who were Dolphins rookies) trying to ferret out whoever 'ratted' on these practices. 

Incognito is a scumb@g. He should also shut up and start acting like a real human being if he ever wants to sniff an NFL paycheck again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Richie Incognito's history ... which is his claim to fame: 

Oct. 2013 Suspended indefinitely by Dolphins after alleged harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin

Aug. 2013 Texans DE Antonio Smith suspended for Week 1 for swinging helmet at Incognito during game

Dec. 2011 Raiders DT Richard Seymour fined $30,000 for punching Incognito during a game

Dec. 2009 Released by Rams two days after being penalized twice for personal fouls and arguing with coach Steve Spagnuolo during game against Titans 2009 season Voted NFL's "dirtiest player" in poll of NFL players by Sporting News

Oct. 2004 Dismissed from Oregon football program after transferring to school in September

Sept. 2004 Suspended indefinitely by Nebraska coach Bill Callahan for repeated violations of team rules

June 2004 Convicted of misdemeanor assault charge stemming from incident at party in February

Spring 2003 Suspended by Nebraska coach Frank Solich (reinstated prior to season)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

While I don't think any of the strong and angry comments thrown in Incognitos direction are at all unwarranted, how does the rest of the team or more specifically the 5 "other" members of the Dolphins leadership council escape the same treatment?

How does that saying go?

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing.

For me they are equally as bad if not worse. The team must also be full of knuckleheads to even vote incognito into a role of leadership in the first place.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

While I don't think any of the strong and angry comments thrown in Incognitos direction are at all unwarranted, how does the rest of the team or more specifically the 5 "other" members of the Dolphins leadership council escape the same treatment?

How does that saying go?

The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing.

For me they are equally as bad if not worse. The team must also be full of knuckleheads to even vote incognito into a role of leadership in the first place.

[/QUOTE]

That depends on if they knew he was sending death threats to Martin. 

They are on the hook, no matter what, for this absurd rookie ATM treatment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll be here all night.  Please don't forget to tip your waitress and bartender. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Perfect COlts material.  Overrated, big mouth and loves the press.

[/QUOTE]

Good point Russ, but I was thinking along the lines of "loves to take problem players". 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

You think Incognito Jr. is bad? He is... he's a horrible person. Apparently, though, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

The Colts should sign him.  Then giving up a 1st for Richardson would only be the 2nd worst acquisition in the NFL this year.  LMAO @ U.

[/QUOTE]

Ah - subject change - I like it. 

So you think the Richardson trade was the worst.  You'd think that example would be reflected in our record, right?  Here's what I think - maybe the colts did overpay for Richardson, but please show me exactly how it has had a negative impact on this team. 

Sections
Shortcuts