Incognito should be available soon - will the pats pursue him?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Incognito should be available soon - will the pats pursue him?

talent shmallent.  I take him for his name only.  Incognito.  Awesome.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You think Incognito Jr. is bad? He is... he's a horrible person. Apparently, though, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. 

http://deadspin.com/is-richie-incognitos-dad-blasting-jonathan-martin-on-m-1457997230?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

[/QUOTE]

Wow - just read most of the deadspin article and couldn't help but think that the paranoid single minded nature of the poster alleged to be Icognito's dad reminded me a lot of Rusty's posts.  I wonder if Rusty is related to Belichick. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

thoughts?

[/QUOTE]

Perfect COlts material.  Overrated, big mouth and loves the press.

[/QUOTE]

Good point Russ, but I was thinking along the lines of "loves to take problem players". 

[/QUOTE]

Colts love to do that.

[/QUOTE]

stop acting like Richie's dad.  You know I meant the pats. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Ah - subject change - I like it. 

So you think the Richardson trade was the worst.  You'd think that example would be reflected in our record, right?  Here's what I think - maybe the colts did overpay for Richardson, but please show me exactly how it has had a negative impact on this team. 

Aw.  Is the poor troll upset we aren't having a serious discussion in his troll thread?  LMAO @ U.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-richie-incognito-threatened-jonathan-martin-life-used-180239513--nfl.html

Former NFL head coach Tony Dungy appeared on the "Dan Patrick Show" Monday morning and said that the Indianapolis Colts had Incognito on their "DNDC" draft list (do not draft due to character, Dungy explains) in 2005 when Incognito was coming out because of character concerns. Former NFL general manager Scott Pioli said on "NBC Sunday Night" that the New England Patriots had a similar designation for him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Ah - subject change - I like it. 

So you think the Richardson trade was the worst.  You'd think that example would be reflected in our record, right?  Here's what I think - maybe the colts did overpay for Richardson, but please show me exactly how it has had a negative impact on this team. 

[/QUOTE]

Aw.  Is the poor troll upset we aren't having a serious discussion in his troll thread?  LMAO @ U.

[/QUOTE]

where'd you get that I was upset? 

And why isn't this a serious discussion?  Don't the Belichick Pats have a history of taking aging malcontents with talent?  Doesn't Richie Incognito fit that bill? 

Hey, thanks for not answering my question - are you afraid, or did you just really not have a point? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1835576-sources-rookie-tax-at-the-heart-of-miami-dolphins-hazing-of-jonathan-martin

Miami Herald writer Adam Beasley first reported on the rookie tax. One first-year player was given a bill for a $30,000 team dinner (the rookie minimum is about $400,000). Beasley also tweeted that veterans having financial difficulties were using younger players as ATMs.

ESPN.com reported that Martin was asked by Incognito to contribute $15,000 for a trip by a group of Dolphins veterans who were traveling to Las Vegas. The story said Martin contributed, even though he didn't go, because he feared if he did not contribute, there would be retribution from Incognito.

[/QUOTE]

The guilty party could spin it anyway they want...

Money was involved. That is beyond harassment in the workplace. I would not be surprised if an extortion angle is brought about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Belichick has said a few years that he would NEVER draft Icongnito or want him on his team.  The same was also said by Tony Dungy, Scott Pioli and Michael Lombardi.  He has a terrible reputation around the league and most wouldnt even consider signing him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Nobody defended it.  There's two issues.  

Is Incognito a POS- yes

Should Martin have quit on his team- no

Jackie Robinson had it worse and he didn't quit and neither have many others.  There's many ways to deal with the situation, certainly more than there ever have been.  But he never told the coaches, he says now he felt threatened but never told the police.  In life you will face adversity and there are many ways to deal with it like an adult.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Dear R.Incognito,

Welcome to club, bro. I'm so glad you joined, I went out and had my best game yesterday!

Be careful of that technology!

Your pal,

Riley Cooper

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Is Incognito a POS- yes

Jackie Robinson had it worse and he didn't quit and neither have many others.  There's many ways to deal with the situation, certainly more than there ever have been.  But he never told the coaches, he says now he felt threatened but never told the police.  In life you will face adversity and there are many ways to deal with it like an adult.

Agree Incognito is gabage both as a football player and a human being. But just wondering whether the way Jonathan Martin had gone about it means he intends to sue the Dolphins organization for damages. Apparently he came from a family of lawyers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"'I'll be here all night. " = UD6

kind of a sad commentary on your existence...even Pats fans should get some air from this place......

As for Incog, we don't need that dooshmeister

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

UD in the wake of AH and all that, the Pats won't be taking on any problem children. This situation is different. Moss and Dillon were disgruntled players on bad teams, Richie Incognito actions are criminal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is Incognito a POS- yes

[/QUOTE]

This was the best way and probably the only way he could make sure there would be minimum blowback on Martin after all was said and done...the Dolphins continued to defend Incognito, in strong fashion, until AFTER yesterday's game when it was clear what details would be produced...there is NO WAY the coaching staff didn't know about all of this...NO WAY...they did nothing, the organization did nothing until faced with the facts by outsiders.....anyone who has been in a football locker room knows everyone pretty much knows what players are doing...the coaches aren't blind, they know, especially pro coaches where every specialty has it's own daily meetings and coaches...Martin did the right thing because he protected the millions of dollars he signed for in an aboveboard, legal way, through his agents, lawyers and the NFL Players Association...the Standford education paid off!

[/QUOTE]

+1 BINGO!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276773/article/richie-incognito-has-support-in-dolphins-locker-room

I have had friends that were foul mouthed and called people the worst names but it is not hard to figure out it is just theirway of bonding and separating out the guys with no backbone.

Stick with me.

Maybe this Martin guy has not been socialized to know he had an option not to contribute the 15K. Maybe he does not know hazing is just an opportunity to man up. 

Maybe he needs to draw the line and throw incognito against a locker if he does not like being called the n-word. .. or call him something worse back.

I think he missed the entire socialization thing around this and now is 'crying to mommy' (in some of his old teamates eyes) by running away and releasing the nasty text messages.

Of course in society most people are shocked when thye hear the details but this kind of macho stuff  is how a lot of guy groups bond. 

I know guys who roll this way and they are definitely mal adjusted but can also be very loyal to their friends if you stick with them.

I will add one thing..this behavoir is definitely going the way of the dinosaur regardless.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is Incognito a POS- yes

[/QUOTE]

This was the best way and probably the only way he could make sure there would be minimum blowback on Martin after all was said and done...the Dolphins continued to defend Incognito, in strong fashion, until AFTER yesterday's game when it was clear what details would be produced...there is NO WAY the coaching staff didn't know about all of this...NO WAY...they did nothing, the organization did nothing until faced with the facts by outsiders.....anyone who has been in a football locker room knows everyone pretty much knows what players are doing...the coaches aren't blind, they know, especially pro coaches where every specialty has it's own daily meetings and coaches...Martin did the right thing because he protected the millions of dollars he signed for in an aboveboard, legal way, through his agents, lawyers and the NFL Players Association...the Standford education paid off!

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that for a minute.  Your saying the Coaches knew about these private messages.  I doubt it but its possible.  But that he actually felt threatened and yet told nobody, not the police not the coaches- not buying that.  And there's no way this was some sort of brilliant strategic move to keep his pay, it's probably the only course of action that may forfeit his pay.  If it was so well thought out then why storm out after the lunch table stunt?  Clearly an emotional reaction.  And why after storming out would you tell nobody for a week.  He could have simply picked up the phone from dozens of people calling and explained he was threatened and shown them the evidence.  He could have simply told the coaches he was going to the police if they didn't do something. I guarantee they would have done something. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276773/article/richie-incognito-has-support-in-dolphins-locker-room

I have had friends that were foul mouthed and called people the worst names but it is not hard to figure out it is just theirway of bonding and separating out the guys with no backbone.

Stick with me.

Maybe this Martin guy has not been socialized to know he had an option not to contribute the 15K. Maybe he does not know hazing is just an opportunity to man up. 

Maybe he needs to draw the line and throw incognito against a locker if he does not like being called the n-word. .. or call him something worse back.

I think he missed the entire socialization thing around this and now is 'crying to mommy' (in some of his old teamates eyes) by running away and releasing the nasty text messages.

Of course in society most people are shocked when thye hear the details but this kind of macho stuff  is how a lot of guy groups bond. 

I know guys who roll this way and they are definitely mal adjusted but can also be very loyal to their friends if you stick with them.

I will add one thing..this behavoir is definitely going the way of the dinosaur regardless.

[/QUOTE]

This is a complete load of tosh.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stick with me.

This is a complete load of tosh.

[/QUOTE]

No, this is definitely how some groups roll and how some will see it.

Not saying it desirable or good for the institution, there are  obviously better ways. But this type of gang socialization happens in violent or risky proffessions more often than you might think.

From my side I can totally see why Martin did not want anything to do with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

Is Incognito a POS- yes

[/QUOTE]

Would you not say his team quit on him first?

Not sure I buy that no one else knew what was going on. Especially that "none" of the other 5 captains/members of the leadership council knew anything about anything?

The whole thing makes me think of the movie a few good men. 

Seems very odd to me that not one dude would be able to see Martin was miserable and not happy or dealing with an inappropriate volume or ridicule or ribbing and step up to help a teammate out.

Most obviously non of us were around that locker room/work environment to know but as an outsider it seems like an entire team let a mate down or left him behind, sort of speak.

Martin leaving a situation before it or his actions in person escalated it into something even worse seems at least somewhat adult like to me. He also let the authorities know once he felt himself in a safe situation and environment to do so? What exactly is not adult like?

I do not know the details of the case but assume he left the team without letting the org know? While on the surface that might seem unprofessional but "if" he actually felt they knew and were ignoring the situation to some extent he might of felt like it was tantamount to complaining to the fox guarding the hen house?

I suppose he could have gone and grabbed incognito by the throat and had it turn into fisticuffs with someone falling the wrong way and ending up critically injured. Or perhaps Martin gets even somehow and incognito does not take it well and snaps and comes back the next day and just shoots Martin. Would either of those situations be more adult like?

Unlike the days of us old timers where you get in a fight and beat the crap out of each other and end up good friends, nowadays the result is just as likely to be you get sued for assault, stabbed or shot or something for your efforts.

Very difficult thing to speculate someone's state of mind or thought process. I can only assume he felt like he was doing what was right for him. Putting himself first, given the situation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Here you go.  In the spirit of "fair and balanced." 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

No

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Given how everyone up and down the organization thought the practices were acceptable, Martin's only options were to either play along with the stupidity or leave the environment. He chose to not play along.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Perfect COlts material.  Overrated, big mouth and loves the press."

lolz - 

I knew that the time was right for a dooshy Incognito to the Pats thread and I'm not surprised at all who started it - 

the troubled pot-stirrer posing as "good guy" UD6.

Sections
Shortcuts