Incompetent Ravens killed their own clock

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Incompetent Ravens killed their own clock

Tom Brady scored the come-from-behind, game winning touchdown with 11:29 remaining in the 4th quarter.  After that the Pats held the ball for maybe a minute and half the rest of the game.  That means the incompetent Ravens killed the final 10:00 of the game with their inept, time consuming, non-scoring offense.  And the media is spinning this as Flacco outperforming Brady.  What a joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Incompetent Ravens killed their own clock

This is very true Mighty. The Ravens clock management was beyond poor. I didn't realize the Pats only had the ball for that long after the score. That's kind of scary if you think about it. One 1st down might have ended the game and they couldn't get one 1st down to seal it. That's something that needs to improve and I believe will improve against the Giants. If you leave the door open like we did against the Ravens the Giants will walk through it

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

How did 4th down conversions compare?

Sacked for negative yardage? other negatve yardage plays

3rd down conversions?  Pats only needed 11, Ravens needed 17 and only converted 9.

Punts? we only had 2

haven't heard much about these stats

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Just goes to show why time of possession is OVERRATED.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

alot of people say brady sucked...(brady himself) yes he missed a couple of throws and he threw two picks...   but I watched the game again last night...

and brady got the job done... i thought the picks were just two great athletic plays by the dbacks... sometimes you have t give credit to the other side...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Incompetent Ravens killed their own clock:
    Just goes to show why time of possession is OVERRATED.
    Posted by mighty2012

I wouldn't say that mighty. If on our last drive we got a 1st and held the ball for 2 more mins would the Pats not have won?

If the Pats had an extra min before the end of the half would they have still knelt the ball?

ToP means you have more opportunities to score the ball and your opponent has less opportunities to score. Given that the Ravens and Den weren't quick striking O's that ToP is very important to them in order to score so if we dominated ToP we are in fact limiting their O.

Against quick striking opponents it might be overrated but against teams that take long time consuming drives in order to put points on the board ToP can make a huge difference

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

Funny thing is the Ravens knew how bad their offense was - look at how they played Houston the week before.  They should have been trying to score as quickly as possible.  No wonder they've only beaten Brady once in his career.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mlgvt48. Show mlgvt48's posts

The Pats would have killed a lot more clock if they would just run the ball! They had shown success with it and quite honestly did not need to get much yardage just run some time off the clock. This happened in the regular season game against the Giants. When the Pats were trying to score to go ahead late in the 4th quarter I was watching the game with my buddy and kept saying "They have to run here to get some time off the clock." The Pats gave Eli too much time to come back and even one run play of 0 yards would have run 40 seconds off the clock and the Pats would have won. So the Pats have not been clock managing very well either!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

All this stuff about how Flacco outplayed Brady -- I don't know if it's nonsense, but I do know that for whatever reason, that offense simply cannot score. You give them +2 in turnovers and time of possesion in a game and they still come up short.  They only scored 20 points against the Texans and 20 points against us.  It just seems to be their ceiling.  Maybe they're just a bunch of head-cases.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

This was probably Flacco's best game of his career.  He is a bum.  If it wasn't for the defense he would not be playing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Baltimore's offense is mediocre. Their defense is elite. This is not news. 

NE hasn't, however, faced an offense as good as NJ's in weeks. So there is a test there. Thankfully I think NJ's defense is also a notch beneath the Ravens, and if we go by the early part of the season, they have the potential to play a lot worse. 

Different weeks, different games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My opinion:  Poor sideline management, as much as anything else, lost that game for the Ravens.  If the kicker wasn't ready to go in when the kicking team went on the field then that's as much the fault of the special teams coach as it is the kicker.  By most accounts, Cundiff shanked that kick because he had to rush it.  That is but one example of how lack of attention to EVERY detail can lose a game.  Would the Ravens have won had they made the FG and tied the game?  We'll never know because that is but one play of many that anyone can point to that contributed to their loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

My opinion:  Poor sideline management, as much as anything else, lost that game for the Ravens.  If the kicker wasn't ready to go in when the kicking team went on the field then that's as much the fault of the special teams coach as it is the kicker.  By most accounts, Cundiff shanked that kick because he had to rush it.  That is but one example of how lack of attention to EVERY detail can lose a game.  Would the Ravens have won had they made the FG and tied the game?  We'll never know because that is but one play of many that anyone can point to that contributed to their loss.
    Posted by ATJ

I think your right. Belichick even said he thought they were rushed so he let them kick it without calling a T.O to ice Cundiff...How could you not call a T.O when your kicker didn't get on the field until 10 seconds in the play clock?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4715919/scoreboard-error-to-blame-for-cundiff-miss

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Incompetent Ravens killed their own clock : The Gints ARE NOT better than Baltenbored.  No way.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

The Giants O is most definitly better then Balts O which is what was being refrenced

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by ATJ

If Cundiff was in that much of a rush, why didn't he just call a timeout? No matter how you spin it, him and/or his coaches just blew it.

I'm tired of hearing all this BS about how the ravens "outplayed" the Pats. Flacco had a career day and brady had a subpar day.... And the Pats still won.

Sections
Shortcuts