inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?

Brady's 1st 11 starts: 8-3, 207 YPG (pass + rush), 16 TDs
    Tebow's 1st 11 starts: 8-3, 231 YPG (pass + rush), 19 TDs

Did you kool-aid choir types, notice that TT has more YARDS per game than our boy TB and overall TDs? if tb could grow into a great passer, y cant TT? NOT to mention, TT has far less INTs (per throw) and overall turnovers (despite running with it so often). his defense is even more responsive to his leadership (broncs werent stopping anything til tebow took over). coincidence? i think not!

broncs have the #1 rush offense in the entire league at 172 yards per game. dont forget that tebow is asked to do far more than brady was at the same stage of development, in terms of how often the ball is in his hands and how often he is asked to make plays with both his legs, mind and arm. he certainly is far from being just the safe-throw game manager that TB was.

jeez, mcgahee suddenly rediscovered his legs and game when tebow takes over.. coincidence? i think not! tebow is already the BETTER leader at this stage in their careers and i will dare say is the better leader overall. underwood has a questionable bad play and tb cant get himself up to take the blame, he must go after a weak rookie as he has with ocho, galloway and others. funny how after galloway left he was able to have some very productive games with the redskins. i bet ocho will bounce back elsewhere. give tebow an underwood and he's a budding pro bowler. TT relaxes his guys, makes them believe. thomas drops 4 balls and tt is the first one there to console him and encourage him to keep his head up in the calmest of ways. no brawls on their sideline. tebow wont allow it. then tt goes out there and calmly throws the TD to thomas.

brady would have forgotten about the rook as he has ocho or anyone he decides to shun in his usual pouty and petulant way. yes tb has more passing talent right now, but yep i can easily see TT growing into a qb in 10 years who shatters all of brady's milestones and records and is in the conversation as a top 3 all-time best QB with more rings than TB!  its more important that TB gets more of tebow's calm leadership qualities than for tt to become the kind of passer TB is right now. heck, like 2001, i can easily see tebow willing his broncs to a SB title this year! hopefully, he doesnt go too hollywood as well...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?

Completion %

Tom Brady (2001) - 63.9%
    Tim Tebow (2011) - 48.5%

Brady's completion percentage has NEVER dropped below 60%....nevermind less than 50%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?

In Response to Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?:
    [QUOTE]Completion % Tom Brady (2001) - 63.9% Tim Tebow (2011) - 48.5% Brady's completion percentage has NEVER dropped below 60%....nevermind less than 50%
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]guess i could come back at ya with the rushing yards per game stats.. my point is they are both great in different ways and in what they bring to the table. overall, brady is better at pure passing, tt is better at overall leadership and running. his game can easily translate to a SB victory in the same way tb;s did.. he just needs a miracle tuck rule or 2 on the way. perhaps he'sll get knocked out and brady quinn can save the day for him to put back on his cape in topping the venerable packers as we beat the rams with the ball in tb's hands on his way to an MVP as well! i see them as very similar but in very different ways.. got that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

If you think they're both great players why can't you leave it at that? No need to provoke people with this thread title. I like Tebow, he's exciting and fun to watch but I'm not going to compare the guy to Brady yet. When was the last time we saw a quarterback who is a better runner than passer win the Super Bowl?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development? : guess i could come back at ya with the rushing yards per game stats.. my point is they are both great in different ways and in what they bring to the table. overall, brady is better at pure passing, tt is better at overall leadership and running. his game can easily translate to a SB victory in the same way tb;s did.. he just needs a miracle tuck rule or 2 on the way. perhaps he'sll get knocked out and brady quinn can save the day for him to put back on his cape in topping the venerable packers as we beat the rams with the ball in tb's hands on his way to an MVP as well! i see them as very similar but in very different ways.. got that?  
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Actually, that isn't your point. Your thread title says that Tebow is Better Than Brady and your first post shows some statistics you use to try and back that assertion as well as a lot of T-ball washing. That was your point. You don't say anything about them both being great or of them bringing different things to the table. 

I realize you think you are clever and logical, but at least stay on point past your own first post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I guess Newton falls into this category, too.  Why is Tebow only in this discussion?  Let's see a body of work, like 10 season or more before you rattle the cage, CC.  Stats can be spun in any direction to support your position.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

Do you also do global warming stats??

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

I agree with Tebow being a good leader.  Right now Tebow is benefiting from a really good defense.  That defense is keeping the offense in the game.  In the first half of the Vikings game he had one first down.  Tebow is also benefiting from a gimmick known as the option.  Just like the wild cat a couple years ago, once teams figure it out its over.  If you put Cam Newton on the broncos they are a way better team.  Let not get all silly with comparing stats just yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with Tebow being a good leader.  Right now Tebow is benefiting from a really good defense.   That defense is keeping the offense in the game.   In the first half of the Vikings game he had one first down.   Tebow is also benefiting from a gimmick known as the option.   Just like the wild cat a couple years ago, once teams figure it out its over.   If you put Cam Newton on the broncos they are a way better team.   Let not get all silly with comparing stats just yet.
    Posted by lombardi479[/QUOTE]
    Sadly, there are TOO many folks getting silly with this Tebow mania.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Did you just mention Tim Tebow in the same sentence as Tom Brady? How dare you, then you manipulate stats to make Tebow look better?

Brady doesn't run and started his career in the pre-Polian rules of Football which means that they didn't uses to give the QB a vast advantage to make throws. Tebow plays in a time where 4 QBs are set to get 5,000 yards through the air, that ALONE should make his passing stats superior to Tom! 

Tebow passes for an amazing 97.2 yards per game in the Polian passing era. -_-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" 1st year as full time starter Brady SB win. Tebow?"

Exactly. If Tebow doesn't win a ring this year then Brady was definitively better based on the only stat that counts. 

Speaking of Koolaid, how about if you put down the Tebow Koolaid for a bit or else just switch teams and hang out with Bronco fans. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Brilliant!
    Comparing a guy to Tom Brady, whose "gimmicky" style of play, suggest he won't even be a NFL QB by the time Tom retires.
    Just Brilliant!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Why don't you look at points scored per game instead of yards CC?  I did for you and it is obvious why.  It doesn't fit your Tebow koolaid drinking agenda.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from markrahobeth. Show markrahobeth's posts

Stop having crack for breakfast. 
     This may be the dumbest post of all time.
    Kordel Steward, Randal Cunningham,  Michael Vick, they probably all had better first years, but making a career from running the ball takes more than faith to keep a QB healthy.  Only a fool would say Tebow doesn't have enthusiasm and lradership qualities but only a bigger fool would place him above one of the greats of the game's history

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Why don't you look at points scored per game instead of yards CC?  I did for you and it is obvious why.  It doesn't fit your Tebow koolaid drinking agenda.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]
    only point stat that counts is the one at the end of the game. if tebow had to score 30 or 40, i think he could! its amazing how everyone forgets how great tebow was in college. he cant throw yet he has the highest completion rate in the history of the sec. peyton is at 63%. he had 88 TDs with 400 less attempts to 92 for peyton (the all-time leader). he had more rushing TDs than hershel walke and won more games than anyone in history. including college, tebow has less than 20 INs in SIX years! that says something!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

seriously do u guys READ? of course brady is the BETTER qb right now.. hands down, PERIOD! that would be insane for anyone to say otherwise. i'm talking about brady as a second year player. comparing 2001 brady to 2011 tebow.. got it? gauging tebow's potential upside. brady has peaked, he's not getting any better. i think tebow's ceiling will someday be HIGHER than where brady is right now.. period@! tebow will be up there with where rodgers is right now! not necessarily as a passer but as an overall winner and with both his arm and legs!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]Do you also do global warming stats??
    Posted by rainbowroosie[/QUOTE]

There's a lot more evidence supporting global warming than Tebow being better than Brady. There's also more evidence supporting the existance of aliens and the tooth fairy than of Tebow being better than Brady. Commie just likes to try to get a rise out of people.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lombardi479. Show lombardi479's posts

CC look, I get it.  You are coming up with some ridiculous stuff to get everyone all fired up.  But some of the stuff you are saying is just dumb.

“brady has peaked, he's not getting any better. i think tebow's ceiling will someday be HIGHER than where brady is right now.. period@! tebow will be up there with where rodgers is right now! not necessarily as a passer but as an overall winner and with both his arm and legs!”

Brady has peaked?  I guess, if you mean hes playing better than most QBs in the history of football.  He’s on pace to break Marino’s yardage record in a single season.  Brady is having ANOTHER amazing year.  ANOTHER! 

Great QBs are great because they can manage the game and throw the ball.  Why didn’t the wild cat work, because it’s based on running the ball.  Stop the run and you stop the wild cat.  Stop Denver from running and it’s over.  Tebow can’t throw the ball consistently.

Put Tebow, and the Denver offense, on the panthers and we are event having this conversation right now.  He would have more loses than wins.  If Denver played against any team worth anything this year we wouldn’t be having this conversation.  What team, that’s any good, has Tebow beat this year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

No. And you are an idiot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: inconvenient stats that prove TEBOW is BETTER than BRADY at the same stage of development? : only point stat that counts is the one at the end of the game. if tebow had to score 30 or 40, i think he could! its amazing how everyone forgets how great tebow was in college. he cant throw yet he has the highest completion rate in the history of the sec. peyton is at 63%. he had 88 TDs with 400 less attempts to 92 for peyton (the all-time leader). he had more rushing TDs than hershel walke and won more games than anyone in history. including college, tebow has less than 20 INs in SIX years! that says something!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

So if the only thing that matters is the point stat at the end of the game (I interpret that as wins and losses) then your original post about yards being evidence of Tebow besting 2001 Brady is moot as is your entire post since they have the same record as a starter so far.

Arguing if he had to score 30 or 40 he could is ridiculous.  The evidence would suggest otherwise.  What offense doesn't try to score as many points as possible?

Your points about his college career are irrelevant.  The major knocks on Tebow coming out of college were his elongated throwing motion, his accuracy on short to intermediate routes and his ability to make more complicated reads than the offense he played in at Florida.  Given how poor his QB rating is against the blitz, the fact that Denver has had to scrap their entire playbook in favor of a gimmick offense that no other team has run in recent memory and his completion % at the NFL level, those would seem to be legitimate knocks.  QB's do not suddenly add 15 percentage points to their completion % and just like the wildcat a gimmick offense only lasts so long at the NFL level.

Tebow could still end up being a successful QB, but he will have to fundamentally change the way he plays meaning using this season as a predictor of future success is silly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

There are two major problems with Tebow continuing to grow as a quarterback all the way to the Hall of Fame:

First and foremost, he's taking a bit of a beating every game with those runs up the middle.  At least Vick has acceleration like Wes Welker to avoid some of the worst hits.  Tebow the bull has to collide with more people.  He had 22 carries versus San Diego.  Not counting runs out of bounds and slides that's still a bunch of quarterback hits.  How is he going to have a career long enough to learn all the quarterback finesse tricks?

Second, he won't grow any taller.  It would really help his passing game if he learns to throw overhand next year, not sidearm.  Right now defensive tackles who keep their lanes can swat his hard passes straight up in the air. 

In the last two week his personal turnovers have ballooned.  Somebody figured him out a bit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

btw, kool-aid jonesers, TT has a higher 4th quarter passer rating than Tb at 101.4 and is completing his passes at over 68%.. did you read that correctly? i said OVER 68%. his numbers go up each quater. his pass percentage goes up over 12% in the 4th with all the marbles on the table. no doubt if you spread it out and let the man play  the man tebag the defense and not go by by the conventional orthodoxy that he could be just as efficient. i look for tebow to put up 40 points against the PATS! u read that.. i said FORTY (for he's a man.. i digress) points as he wins a shoot-out and completes over half his passes for over 300 yards! he will outbrady brady! had tt started from day one, broncs would be 11-2 or 10-3 with a bullet!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Brady didn't go to the SB in 05 and 06, or 09 and 10. Those two year streaks are the longest of his career. By 07 he had played in 4 of the 7 SBs during his career. He is now at 4 of 9 ( not counting 08 when he didn't play). No player has been as dominant. TT 7 wins are not within a mile of what Brady did yet.