inconvenient TRUTH: r we ready for TV shots of SAM's boyfriend+pics of them holding hands+kissing in the locker room?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: inconvenient TRUTH: r we ready for TV shots of SAM's boyfriend+pics of them holding hands+kissing in the locker room?

And when do we ever get shots from the locker room of anyone kissing their significant others. Maybe the rest of us don't read the Enquirer or Us Weekly and don't give a crap about their PERSONAL lives........Perform, we love you....don't.....We don't.......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: inconvenient TRUTH: r we ready for TV shots of SAM's boyfriend+pics of them holding hands+kissing in the locker room?

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

just sayin.. methinks most are ready for the solo locker room  and on the field thing, but lets get really real for a sec. the real issue is the whole lifestyle and partnership thing. he's open so he can rightfully live his life out of the closet. if there's a team function where Gisele gets to show up or some charity event, y should Sam not be able to bring his boyfirend, hold hands, kiss and do all the things straight guys do? are we ready for that?

this kid has a lot of Tedy Bruschi, Freeney and even Alden smith in him. if he lives up to that potential, they will be featuring his loved one in the stands. r we ready for that? what if he adopts a kid or does a Big Brother program? would you want him to mentor your straight kid?would you let your son wear his jersey?

in college, happened to rent a house with a guy who was gay (4 of us in total, he wasnt my direct roomie). i had no beef with it in theory, BUT... things got real when i came in one night from partying with my gal at the time and heard noises coming out of his room and knew it was him with his partner. totally ruined the mod for my gal and subsequently with me. same with walking in with him on his partner's lap, engaging in acts us heteros do all the time. yes, even i had a double standard and was really quesy and i think i am "enlightened". let's just say the experiment did not last too long on a personal, hanging out level.

but when elected my last year as Student senate VP and chair of all the clubs on campus as a result, one of my first moves was to finally approve the first Gay Club on campus, plus i give them full funding and legitimacy in every public way. i however never went to a single meeting or event and made sure to keep a certain distance i did not do for most other clubs and organizations. well, i never went to any events of the Black Student Union either. i was not a PERSONAL fan of special interest type groups.

however, with time and maturity, i have come to learn that you must not only accept folks publicly but you must learn to do it personally as well. i have been to a few gay weddings since graduating in the 90s and have also been a member of a few racial and gender interest groups for i now get that being a power minority is a special circumstance. us heteros, christians, caucasians, males and so forth are beneficiaries of privilege and can afford to just ignore certain things and have functional default positions that we naively just assume are  universally true for everyone everywhere.

hope this kid makes it and that acceptance OFF the field happens rapidly as well but it will be tough. tony dungy has  hinted at "reforming" Sam's gayness and presenting "the other side" rather than truly accepting the kid for what he is. religion makes many lose their common sensical ability to question or challenge any default orthodoxy or orientation. has anyone talked about reforming the "hetero" out of those straight peeps?

FTR, goody has a bro who happens to be gay as well. ditto with tagliabue before him. methinks this gives him a special sensitivity to the issue. he won't put up with a lot of open discrimination in that area. football may be the perfect sport for this experiment. Cowherd thinks they are more educated, broader and ready for true diversity than say baseball where its all about tradition and guys have the least education and tend to come from the smallest towns rather than more urbane enviros.

Funny how Glee and other network shows have been showing gay coupleS on TV without any reported cases of mass vomitting or people suddenly changing their sexual orientation.....

GET A LIFE or at least write something of worth with ALL THOSE WORDS ....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

^There is no way you're an adult and run a marketing company.  You may live in Baltimore, but that is it.

[/QUOTE]

he bashed blacks last year in one of his threads and now its gays 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"he bashed blacks last year in one of his threads and now its gays "

Commie claims to be black actually :) 

Commie not your smartest thread dude. Actually the thread wasn't bad - but the title was silly indeed.

Since when do people hold hands and snuggle in the locker room?

Ain't gonna happen dude. Rest up. 

Change is good. People living freely and true to themselves is good. If you claim to support it, then support it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Really?  We do not see displays like you mention at all in locker rooms and now you think it will start now?  You have an issue!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

This story is about as big as the Yankees spending another 1/2 billion this ofseason. There's nothing there!

IF this happened 30 years ago, it'd be a story. Even possiby 10 years ago. But not now. We've been told that this is perfrctly well and acceptable. Perish the thought if yiou disagreed with the situation or the lifestyle! You'd be branded forever! No one is going to tell me that there's NEVER been a gay NFL player. Teammates would readily know if there was one, as the Missouri players did when they got "told". (Many snickered and wonder why it took so long for Sam to realize he was gay.) Those players, like teh majority of society, could give a JESTS! Sanchez Pitute if he's gay or not. All they care about is him doing his job come game day.

But, with his announcement, the media LOVES to make something out of nothing. Here's where their "story" lies: 1) Was his failure to get drafted ealy because he's gay?  2) Was his not getting drafted by a team THEY thought had the need due to him being gay?  3) If a southern team doesn't draft him, is it bcause he's gay?  Despite not being predicted to go before the 3rd round, being the SEC Defensive POY, is it because he's gay?

Let's go further.... 1) If he doesn't survive pre-season, and is the last cut, will it be because he's gay?   2) If he doesn't get local endorsements, as most high draft picks usually do (locally), will it be because he's gay?  3) If he's not "lights out" in pre-season, will it be because the drafting team didn't put him in the best position to succeed, only because he's gay?  4) If he makes the cut and has a good season, yet doesn't get any post season accolades, will it be because he's gay?

In other words, will whatever he does, good, bad, or indifferent, have the insinuation/tag of "being gay"? Courageous? What a F'n joke! I'd like to think that society has gone beyond this. We continually get told that we must judge a person for his actions, not his  background (race, religion, sexual preference). Yet, the media has cannonized the guy already. No matter what happens from here out, whatever he does will ALWAYS be tied to "being gay". Somethign bad happens? It's only because he's gay. Somethign good? Why, he's courageous for coming out as being gay.

Just gimme a freaking break! Enough already! Let him get drafted and fail as most SEC draftees do. Then we can deal with the "gay" thing as the cause.

As a side note, I wish him all the best in his NFL career, however long it may be. San Fran can use another LB with Bowman's injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm guessing that kicker from the Vikings didnt count as being really gay. Wasn't there attempted controversy for him getting cut?  

commie. Is it about clicks? Just make a thread titled " Click for Commie". Then you don't have to make stuff up or post silly stuff like this. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Another silly post by a silly person.   That goes especially for his "sources".

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts