inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?

In Response to Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter? : You and Oregon put down your crack pipes. Tebow has no history to judge him by. He's just another rookie QB. Half of his wins are due to mistakes by the other team. See if he starts next season and compiles a winning record and then maybe you can call him a good QB. Not great just good. Until then he's just another media hyped 'new thing'.
    Posted by glenr[/QUOTE]let me be clearer: tebow 2011 is the brady of 2001. were u saying all this crapp back then? i remember the majority of "experts" spewing that he wasnt a good qb, just a lucky beneficiary of what drew and bb had built and that the ceiling was only so high and no further and that in his next year he would be exposed (so u want to keep a drew around).. they said brady was a media hype too and that his kind was a dime and dozen and that drew bledsoe was the actual rare diamond and bla bla. i'm consistent if nothing else. i liked tb then for the same reason i like tebow now. they are BOTH very special in their own way. like tb, tebow will no doubt go on to be a perennial all-pro and a multiple super bowl mvp winner and be in the conversation in 10 years of an all-time great top 5 qb! u are doomed to be as laughable as those who slammed tb back in the day and elevated bledsoe. can u seriously imagine someone making the argument today that tb really stinks and that drew was better or could have been as god? seriously?.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

Re: How do we explain away the inconvenient truth that tebow is BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?

While I don't know if I agree with even most of what CC is saying, I do have to say Tebow should be in the discussion for MVP if they win. He's the change between their bad start and their turnaround. And don't put it all on him having a great D...if the Pats didn't have a great D Brady likely wouldn't have any rings on his fingers. Now I don't think Tebow is a better QB than Brady (possibly better athlete, but that's a different topic) but he does have that "it" factor. That stop at nothing to win drive that infects others. Don't for a minute think that's any less important than a good throwing motion or a quick release. That's what Brady used to have when the Pats were winning Super Bowls...now he blames young recievers for his bad throws. He used to be a Shane Falco...but he's turned into Martel. Tebow is still that Falco type guy, and it produces wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bnoaton. Show bnoaton's posts

Re: How do we explain away the inconvenient truth that tebow is BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Stupid question Denver is about defense tebow is a terrible qb

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Way to cherry pick stats to try to make a point.

You fail to mention Brady has a 100+ passer rating in all 4 quarters. And Tebow has a below 65 rating in the first half.

You fail to mention Tebow's TD% is significantly lower than Brady's, his YPA is a pitiful 6.5 compared to Brady's robust 8.6 and Brady's completion percentage is 16 points higher.

You also fail to mention the Broncos run the ball the second most often to protect Tebow.

It is hard to envision the 14th rated QB being named MVP over Rodgers who is 40 points higher than him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

This has got to be one of the most ridiculous blogs ever!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Tebow reminds me of the wild cat, the next great thing. It took half a season for coaches to figure it out, & then it disappeared except for the occasional appearance. He'll come down to earth soon enough, & then all of the so called expert will be pumping up the next sure thing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter? : Sure they have. Detroit and GB and they got 40+ dropped on them.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    During this win streak......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

It's SITUATIONAL FOOTBALL folks.  TT in the 4th quarter is playing, go-for-it all come-from behind football.  And opposing defenses are playing prevent.  In the case of Brady, he is usually playing from a lead, and he will naturally have a more conservative approach.  And defenses will be more aggressive to get the ball back.  You don't gamble as much when you are ahead.  (Tebow's ability to scramble plays a role, too.  He needs to extend plays to keep drives alive.) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How do we explain tebow being BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter? : let me be clearer: tebow 2011 is the brady of 2001. were u saying all this crapp back then? i remember the majority of "experts" spewing that he wasnt a good qb, just a lucky beneficiary of what drew and bb had built and that the ceiling was only so high and no further and that in his next year he would be exposed (so u want to keep a drew around).. they said brady was a media hype too and that his kind was a dime and dozen and that drew bledsoe was the actual rare diamond and bla bla. i'm consistent if nothing else. i liked tb then for the same reason i like tebow now. they are BOTH very special in their own way. like tb, tebow will no doubt go on to be a perennial all-pro and a multiple super bowl mvp winner and be in the conversation in 10 years of an all-time great top 5 qb! u are doomed to be as laughable as those who slammed tb back in the day and elevated bledsoe. can u seriously imagine someone making the argument today that tb really stinks and that drew was better or could have been as god? seriously?.....

He's not even a close second to the Brady of 2001.

And thanks for your prediction Nostradamus but normally people wait for a QB to actually accomplish something before nominating him for Canton.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: How do we explain away the inconvenient truth that tebow is BETTER than TB in the 4th quarter?:
    [QUOTE]While I don't know if I agree with even most of what CC is saying, I do have to say Tebow should be in the discussion for MVP if they win. He's the change between their bad start and their turnaround. And don't put it all on him having a great D...if the Pats didn't have a great D Brady likely wouldn't have any rings on his fingers. Now I don't think Tebow is a better QB than Brady (possibly better athlete, but that's a different topic) but he does have that "it" factor. That stop at nothing to win drive that infects others. Don't for a minute think that's any less important than a good throwing motion or a quick release. That's what Brady used to have when the Pats were winning Super Bowls...now he blames young recievers for his bad throws. He used to be a Shane Falco...but he's turned into Martel. Tebow is still that Falco type guy, and it produces wins.
    Posted by jgallag1[/QUOTE]seriously, if u were a young and coming receiver like underwood or a transitiioning vet like ocho, would u rather have the unforgiving pouty petulant divaish brady throwing to u or a much more forgiving qb who god talks directly to about who will make big plays in mr. tebow? thomas his wideout dropped FOUR passes before tebow willed him the ball on the td that put broncs on the scoreboard. plus he kept coming to him to prop him up each time they came off the field after a major drop. beady would have been barking. ask joey galloway what that feels like "is it that hard man?" bla bla. tebow would have talking him up and encouraging him and going back to the guy. ocho makes one great play but doesnt go for 80 yards and brady forgets about him. ocho has been disrespected, he should ask for his release after this season and hook up with a tebow. put underwood with a tebow and he could be in the pro bowl. its a total myth that tb openly and fairly distributes the  bal to the open gy. he fallls in love with his guys and will target them 40 times before giving a new guy a break and if the old guy complains or drops on, f--- him as tb just shuns the guy. guess its part of leadership, tebow is already a better overall LEADER.. period!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Ha Ha Ha. Ummmm the inconvienient truth is that a comparison is a joke at this time in TT newbie QB play. The hype is causing me nausea. Great for NFL ratings though. Can't wait for Sunday.
    Go TB- Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Re: inconvenient truths that tebow is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?

A: Tebow is a better QB because he is a virgin.
    B: Tebow is a better QB because the Bible tells him so.
    C: Tebow is a better QB because the NFL wants a bigger share of the NASCAR market.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?

Wow is this a bad use of stats.  Brady is almost always a couple of touchdowns ahead in the fourth quarter so half the time he throws the ball out of bounds.  Tebow is always throwing in the fourth quarter because he's almost always behind, and also he gets four downs to make his first down.

Tebow's fourth quarter numbers benefit from Denver's (gasp, gasp) mile high air, which contains 20% less oxygen per lungful than Foxboro air.  It's the best natural home field advantage in the NFL, beating out Miami's heat significantly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?

In Response to Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?:
    [QUOTE]Wow is this a bad use of stats.  Brady is almost always a couple of touchdowns ahead in the fourth quarter so half the time he throws the ball out of bounds.  Tebow is always throwing in the fourth quarter because he's almost always behind, and also he gets four downs to make his first down. Tebow's fourth quarter numbers benefit from Denver's (gasp, gasp) mile high air, which contains 20% less oxygen per lungful than Foxboro air.  It's the best natural home field advantage in the NFL, beating out Miami's heat significantly.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]o really.. how do u explain that tebow has won FIVE GAMES IN A ROW ON THE ROAD! was the air different when orton was the qb? tebow and the offense make the defense better not necessarily the other way around! where was this great defense pre-tebow?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter? : o really.. how do u explain that tebow has won FIVE GAMES IN A ROW ON THE ROAD! was the air different when orton was the qb? tebow and the offense make the defense better not necessarily the other way around! where was this great defense pre-tebow?
    Get your facts straight, CC..  the Denver streak:
    @ Oak - W; @ KC - W; Home to Jets - W; @ SD - W; @ Minn - W; Home to CHI - W.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: inconvenient truths that prove TT is BETTER than TB with WRs +in the 4th quarter? : Get your facts straight, CC..  the Denver streak: @ Oak - W; @ KC - W; Home to Jets - W; @ SD - W; @ Minn - W; Home to CHI - W.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]meant 5 straight going to last season! got that? look at ur stats again, 4 straight this year... plus tebow is completing it at over 68% in the fourth with the second highest qb rating in the nfl in the fourth. call it what u want, that means something. if he was worse, u would be attacking, so give the man his props!