Indianapolis Star

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Re: Indianapolis Star

What else is there in Indianapolis? That is a place of cultural and intellectual inferiority. I think they rejoiced over there when Brady had his knee trashed last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Indianapolis Star:
    What else is there in Indianapolis? That is a place of cultural and intellectual inferiority. I think they rejoiced over there when Brady had his knee trashed last year.
    Posted by PuntonFirstDown

At least you think you've got that to fall back on, because on this patriots board you don't have a win against the colts, and here that is what matters.

Punton - how many times have you been to Indy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Posted by PuntonFirstDown

I don't know it if could be considered cultural or intellectual, but I used to attend some stimulating nickel beer nights in the Broadripple.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

No pmike - after your snitty little comment about Indy, you are disallowed from claiming anything in Indy is stimulating. 

However, the question must be asked - after your stimulating nickel beers, did you find your way to Conners to finish the evening?

Which, btw, is nothing if not a cultural experience.  Not the kind of art or literature, but there is music and dancing (by the vertically challenged on top of the bar and maybe a couple ladies).  There is not wine tasting, but by the time you get there your next beer tastes like Napa's finest or it doesn't matter really what it tastes like.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEANCLOWNS. Show BEANCLOWNS's posts

that was pretty funny
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
    sore losers

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

Who cares what the Indy Star said. Who has even heard of that paper? If I wanted to know something about horse futures or wanted to buy manure in bulk I might read it but otherwise its just a hick rag from hicksville.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Who cares what the Indy Star said. Who has even heard of that paper? If I wanted to know something about horse futures or wanted to buy manure in bulk I might read it but otherwise its just a hick rag from hicksville.
    Posted by TheFantasyBaron

And of course when you use Vanilla Ice as your moniker we immediately assign credibility to anything you say.  And the cow jumped over the moon.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In one of life's more ironic twists, once, in the long long ago, when everybody lived in the forest and nobody lived anywhere else, the United States Navy -- in its infinite wisdom -- sent me to the Defense Information School, which was then located (and might be yet) at Fort Benjamin Harrison in Lawrence, Indiana, to study public affairs and journalism. As the only local rag available, the Indianapolis Star was held up as an example of professional journalism from which we might learn. Having grown up reading the Globe, I found this more than a little amusing. You might not know it to look at the Globe tody, but once upon a time it was one of the nation's finest newspapers -- particularly the sports section. Newspapers as a species are circling the drain as we speak, and while there are reasons to lament that unavoidable eventuality -- the ultimate demise of fishwraps like the Indy Star make it a little easier to bear.
    Posted by prairiemike

Prairie Mike.....  Ft Ben no longer exists... it was BRAC'd..... it is a golf course and a restaurant, and they kept the military commissary and exch (for all the retireds) since they closed all the others in Indiana..... 
    The sold the officer's housing Brick duplexes- to fools willing to pay 1/2 mil for a 1/2 of a building.  What used to be the center of the base (where the hosp/commissary and exchange was is not a main street full of gas stations etc.
    However in keeping with the tradition of the area- they do still specialize in propaganda.....

Sections
Shortcuts