Indy 2nd quarter drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

Indy 2nd quarter drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.

Why don't the Pats just commit Pass Interference there? The play started with 9 seconds left. Even if the ball is placed at the 1 yard line, it will be with 2 seconds left and Indy will have to kick. They are already within kicking range anyway. Why not just tell the CBs, hold the receiver, don't let him catch. 

Am I missing something here?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Indy 2nd Half drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.

1)  The Pats had to think they could defend the play.
    2)  Where do you start to hold?
    3)  Inexperience.  A sly vet would know the time on the clock and when he has to commit the hold.  It's all about experiece.  Little coaching could have done on this because they want the D to believe in themselves.  There's just some things that players need to do on their own. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

I can see telling the corners if the ball comes near you make sure, hear me make sure he doesn't catch it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

That was the killer TD. I knew when it happened it would matter somehow.  Arrington had that awful tackle earlier and then got beat.

We miss Bodden on that side, as solid as Arrington has been.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

Re: Indy 2nd quarter drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.

In Response to Indy 2nd quarter drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.:
    [QUOTE]Why don't the Pats just commit Pass Interference there? The play started with 9 seconds left. Even if the ball is placed at the 1 yard line, it will be with 2 seconds left and Indy will have to kick. They are already within kicking range anyway. Why not just tell the CBs, hold the receiver, don't let him catch.  Am I missing something here?
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

That would have been a good move.  No time would be added, but the Colts would have first down and at least one play (there was 4 seconds on the clock).  Whether they take the FG or go for the TD, it still wipes out 7 points and forces the Colts to make one more play to get any points.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Indy 2nd quarter drive, - last play - Manning to Wayne TD with 9 seconds left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

How about not going into an offensive shell and not get conservative and do better that converting 1 of 6 3rd downs? Like they do on defense when they get a lead, they seem to play not to lose.  That is on the coaches.  A few 3rd down conversions makes this game the blowout it should have been.  Same against the Steelers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

How about MAKE THE TACKLE on the previous play. Wayne catches a 5 yard pass on the 32, and is hit by 2 pats. Instead he slips tackle and gets 23 ezxtra yards to the 9......

Sections
Shortcuts