INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed )

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed )

I just ran across this interesting article on INDYSTAR.COM where the local Colts writer makes his case for Brady as being the best...

( PREDICTABLY the reader comments are pretty irate )

Takes guts for a sportswriter in Indianapolis to post an article tearing down Manning and building up Brady .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haxker. Show Haxker's posts

Re: INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed )

In Response to INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ):
    [QUOTE] I just ran across this interesting article on INDYSTAR.COM where the local Colts writer makes his case for Brady as being the best... ( PREDICTABLY the reader comments are pretty irate ) Takes guts for a sportswriter in Indianapolis to post an article tearing down Manning and building up Brady . Kravitz: Online voters favor Colts' Manning; I say Patriots' Brady | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star
    Posted by CapFoxboro[/QUOTE]

yeah, funny, because a certain Globe 10.0 person would disagree. Its sad, seems Indy may have better writers...

(its not even close, Tom is a winner...)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I actually really enjoyed that article and I find it pretty genuine. I agree with a lot of what he said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

..... says the biased fans of the Patriots.  Really, you think it was a good article??!!   No way!!  If this guy said Manning, you would call him a typical homer.

Which is what you are to begin with.  so whats the BLEEPIN point??!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ):
    [QUOTE]In Response to INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ) : yeah, funny, because a certain Globe 10.0 person would disagree. Its sad, seems Indy may have better writers... (its not even close, Tom is a winner...)
    Posted by Haxker[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree.  I think they are equal.  Given any single game, I would choose Brady -- but then I am a Pats fan and have been since '67.  So, "not even close"?  No way.

Let me pose a scenario:
    Manning is and always was a Patriot and Brady is and always was a Colt.  Who would you, Mr. Not-Even-Close have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Indy Star have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Boston Globe have been choosing?

When there is a virtual wash situation, fans will choose their guy.

Face it, if there is one QB you DON'T want having that last drive against you as a Pats fan, who would that be.  Personally, I don't feel "safe" against Manning until we have a three possession lead with less than five minutes to go.  Unfortunately, this time it was ten minutes -- VERY nearly overtime or even a loss.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

It's been a tough year for Indy but you have to wonder if some of their problems can be traced to their decision to give the Jets the game last year when they were 14-0. 

When your GM is afraid to win (and so afraid of the other teams that he needs to manipulate the rules and officials on a weekly basis) it's got to eventually trickle down to the players.

The lesson:  When you have a chance to take down the Jets, you do it.  NE won't make the same mistake a week from Monday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Manning threw three picks on Sunday, and Brady threw zero, because Manning has five turnstiles for an offensive line this year.  Also Manning has nothing left in the receivers closet except stone-fingered guys.  That's what happens after ten years or so, when you're the #1 pick and a great (expensive) quarterback, but your team has a salary cap.  There's no money for a run defense, for a line, or even for receivers.

In general, Manning isn't that far from Brady. 

Brady actually got Randy Moss to settle down and behave for three years.  Could Manning do that? 

Brady gets points for not zeroing in on any one target.  He will use 10 targets if they're available. 

The refs throw yellow hankies whenever Manning throws toward the end zone, so that he won't be tempted to pick his nose on TV.  Here!  Blow!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

i go by playoffs because thats where you earn your paycheck  Brady is 14-4 Manning is 9-9  , brady has 3 SB wins and was a few defensive  plays from a 4th  manning ia 1-1 even espn picked Brady over manning if they had to win 1 playoff game

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Great artical Cap. Thanks for the post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjrpatfan. Show mjrpatfan's posts

Smurf receivers.. LOL LOL.. I love it.. and I agree

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I am a Patriots fam since Birth...ok not really but a LONG Time... I would pick Tom if he was a Indy QB and had Won the way and how much he has as a Patriot... honestly I use to dump all over the QB's in New England from Eason to Bledsoe... I did appreciate he was the one who did a lot for the club and Brady took it home so to speak.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

In Response to Re: INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ) : I have to disagree.  I think they are equal.  Given any single game, I would choose Brady -- but then I am a Pats fan and have been since '67.  So, "not even close"?  No way. Let me pose a scenario: Manning is and always was a Patriot and Brady is and always was a Colt.  Who would you, Mr. Not-Even-Close have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Indy Star have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Boston Globe have been choosing? When there is a virtual wash situation, fans will choose their guy. Face it, if there is one QB you DON'T want having that last drive against you as a Pats fan, who would that be.  Personally, I don't feel "safe" against Manning until we have a three possession lead with less than five minutes to go.  Unfortunately, this time it was ten minutes -- VERY nearly overtime or even a loss.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]
    You can reverse this and say the same about Brady.  Most would want Brady for that last drive because Manning tends to throw interceptions.  Also, in the SB they lost by 3 points, Brady led them on a winning drive with a minute less...but the defense did not hold up.  Manning would have thrown an interception.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: INDY Colts Writer Picks BRADY OVER MANNING AS BEST! ( Gets reemed ) : I have to disagree.  I think they are equal.  Given any single game, I would choose Brady -- but then I am a Pats fan and have been since '67.  So, "not even close"?  No way. Let me pose a scenario: Manning is and always was a Patriot and Brady is and always was a Colt.  Who would you, Mr. Not-Even-Close have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Indy Star have been choosing?  Who would the readers of the Boston Globe have been choosing? When there is a virtual wash situation, fans will choose their guy. Face it, if there is one QB you DON'T want having that last drive against you as a Pats fan, who would that be.  Personally, I don't feel "safe" against Manning until we have a three possession lead with less than five minutes to go.  Unfortunately, this time it was ten minutes -- VERY nearly overtime or even a loss.
    Posted by sheldong[/QUOTE]

Did you read the article?  There were a couple of points made to distinguish the differences between the two.  One in particular was the inside/outside stadium comparison.  How would Manning do in snow and wind?  How would Brady do with indoor stadium and against the divisions southern locations?

The reason why Manning scares you is because of our defense.  I don't care whose QB it is.  If he's half way decent you have to have concerns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from steelerjim58. Show steelerjim58's posts

It might be fair to ask how would brady's numbers would look if he weren't in an offense that relies so heavily on the dink and dunk approach.  I will admit that it works extremely well, but it will definitely pump up a qbs completetion percentage and keep ints. to a minimum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

very interesting stats really, what I like the most was when people brough up that Brady's got better defense than Manning, and based from the stats Manning's defense got the upperhand, and the Indoor/ Outdoor difference is a big deal IMO, Manning SHOULD'VE thrown less INT than Brady without elements involved..I think this sticked it up to Manning lovers throat lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Kravitz is great, telling it like it is. Every head coach in the NFL, would want Brady over jughead...Honestly if we had jughead, and the Colts Brady, the COLTS would have the rings, not us.....

Sections
Shortcuts