Indy so far...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Indy so far...

Yea - I gotta go with russ on the Rucker thing.  The guy has no range.  But as I said before, he deserves kudos for getting to the top with no range AND redirecting his career to a place where black people don't usually go and extending his career substantially.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

HA, I'll stand by the Darius Rucker comment, even though he chums it up with Mike Greenberg, and I'd love nothing more than to jam open ketchup packets up Greenberg's car doorhandles.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

I thought they got away from it in their later albums. I always thought it was good music to just sit on my deck drinking cheap beer and watching the TV on mute to. I'm not nearly as big a fan of his solo stuff. They need to get back together, but like UD said, he managed to re-invent himself and increase his fame, which is rare and probably commendable.  Sort of like Bret Michaels, who re-invented his notoriety using bad reality television and skimpy women.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Yea - that first big album - cracked rear window? - was good.  Definitely pop, but good. 

Never understood the idea that writing music that was attractive to the general public was somehow not good.  I'll agree that not every pop song is good, but when people buy it up, the band has usually done something right. 

Its just that over time you realized there really wasn't enough talent there to make their subsequent music sound different/new/interesting from the first. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Cracked Rear View, I thought most of the best songs on that album were near the end of it, most of which didn't make it on air consistently. It's an acquired taste, like anything other music though.

UD, you make a good point.  I enjoy the music snobs that say "if it's on the radio, it's not good...I listen to good music, because no one knows about it."

Sure, that's it, you tools. We're all missing out, other than you.  There's a lotta good stuff both ways, and even though I don't care for the majority of what's on the radio (hence me listening to sports talk), I'm not going to say it's "bad" because if it technically was, it wouldn't have such a following.  Just way more of my 2 cents than you want.

That being said, most of the stuff I listen to isn't anywhere near radio, so I just contradicted myself. Oh well, Go Pats.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from buttgrundle. Show buttgrundle's posts

Rusty.  Haha, the internet blows at displaying emotion, clearly.  No way am I angry (really ever, about nearly anything) about what music people like.  I just routinely find it funny when I hear those arguments from people (and I didn't think that was yours). 

No worries man. What do you listen to, if you don't mind me asking?  Hootie's about the only "type" of that music I listened to.  Then again, that was in the mid 90s.  Heck, that was my first CD as a youngin. Weather's so nice today, probably will pop down the windows and listen to the most recent Newfound Glory CD, which is a carbon copy of what I like and go to see live.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

The JW bar is packed. Money all over this place. The beaver bar is a joke. In and out in five min.