Indy Star article..............ADAM

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Indy Star article..............ADAM

Back home again

Adam Vinatieri is in his 18th NFL season and has been on both sides of the Colts-Patriots rivalry. He spent his first 10 seasons with New England before signing with the Colts as a free agent in 2006.

Saturday marks Vinatieri's 25th game in the series. The only one he missed was in 2009 when he was out with a knee injury.

"It really never gets old," Vinatieri said. "Two great organizations, great coaches, great players obviously.

"It's one of those (great rivalries). It's the Sox-Yankees, if you will. That kind of thing where I think both teams respect each other and know what comes to the table. It's going to be a fun game."

Vinatieri is coming off one of his best seasons. He set a personal best with 35 made field goals (35-of-40, 87.5 percent) and his 139 points were the second-highest total of his career.

Vinatieri is New England's all-time scoring leader with 1,158 points and ranks No. 2 with the Colts (848), and his 2,006 career points are No. 5 in NFL history.

In the postseason, Vinatieri has no peers. He holds league records for points (205), field goals made (49) and consecutive games with at least one point (26). He'll also be appearing in his 27th game, tying Dallas' D.D. Lewis for the second-most in NFL history. Jerry Rice holds the record (29), which Vinatieri would tie if the Colts reach the Super Bowl.

"He's a great player and a Hall of Fame kicker if there ever was one," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Re: Indy Star article..............ADAM

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Back home again

Adam Vinatieri is in his 18th NFL season and has been on both sides of the Colts-Patriots rivalry. He spent his first 10 seasons with New England before signing with the Colts as a free agent in 2006.

Saturday marks Vinatieri's 25th game in the series. The only one he missed was in 2009 when he was out with a knee injury.

"It really never gets old," Vinatieri said. "Two great organizations, great coaches, great players obviously.

"It's one of those (great rivalries). It's the Sox-Yankees, if you will. That kind of thing where I think both teams respect each other and know what comes to the table. It's going to be a fun game."

Vinatieri is coming off one of his best seasons. He set a personal best with 35 made field goals (35-of-40, 87.5 percent) and his 139 points were the second-highest total of his career.

Vinatieri is New England's all-time scoring leader with 1,158 points and ranks No. 2 with the Colts (848), and his 2,006 career points are No. 5 in NFL history.

In the postseason, Vinatieri has no peers. He holds league records for points (205), field goals made (49) and consecutive games with at least one point (26). He'll also be appearing in his 27th game, tying Dallas' D.D. Lewis for the second-most in NFL history. Jerry Rice holds the record (29), which Vinatieri would tie if the Colts reach the Super Bowl.

"He's a great player and a Hall of Fame kicker if there ever was one," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said.

[/QUO

Great article, I'm sure he'll break Jerry's record just not this year, I'm sure brady will end up with more post season games than both them as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

He's a kicker for Ch***'s sake.  Consecutive games is a record for guys who have contact during games not kickers.  I think the game would be improved without them.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Adam please, comparing the Pats-Colts rivalry to the Sox-Yanks rivalry is laughable.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Adam please, comparing the Pats-Colts rivalry to the Sox-Yanks rivalry is laughable.   

[/QUOTE]

It's called the "moment"!  (-;

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to kildog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a kicker for Ch***'s sake.  Consecutive games is a record for guys who have contact during games not kickers.  I think the game would be improved without them.....

[/QUOTE]

You do have a point. Of course he could suffer a horrible injury tripping over the holder

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Adam should have taken BB's offer. He can look to Indy for work after his career ends. Maybe he can sell some tractors or mules.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yeah Babe because he is sooo poor. He wanted to move indoors to increase his longevity and stats.

But hey that kind of stuff makes too much sense for some people because they drip with hate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Well, Adam kicking field goals won't help the Colts the saturday.  I see the Pats running the ball down the Colts throat for TD's.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

It isn't Sox-yanks!

Yanks didn't make the post season :)

But seriously, it isn't Sox-Yanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

This trash went to our biggest conference rival and got them to the Super Bowl (over us) the year he left.  Hopefully Blount runs him over on a kick return.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This trash went to our biggest conference rival and got them to the Super Bowl (over us) the year he left.  Hopefully Blount runs him over on a kick return.

[/QUOTE]

you crack me up and I love you!!!   for the way you think!