Indy Worst Defense in NFL past 3 weeks AT HOME

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Indy Worst Defense in NFL past 3 weeks AT HOME

What you might have missed:

Indy is ranked 31st (barely ahead of Detroit, a non-NFL team) in their last 3 games at Home against SF, Houston and the Patriots.  385 yards per game and they had to rely on a fake fumble, unlucky field goal and fake spot to win those games.

They have a tough schedule the rest of the way.  They could go 11-5.  At Best, they are the 2003 Kansas City Chiefs.  At worst the 1987 San Diego Chargers.

Good Defense Travels well.  The Colts defense might not make it out of the Indy airport Saturday.

Better off worrying abot Cincinnati now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Re: Indy Worst Defense in NFL past 3 weeks AT HOME

Yeah but the are still getting wins!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

I see your point.  Indy's defense has in fact given up a lot of yards.  But here's the deal.  Indy's defense still ranks number 1 in the NFL in total points allowed.  (They're barely ahead of the Pats)  Until they rank 31st in points allowed can we celebrate their demise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

For the time I have been on this board, most people have backed Belichicks "bend don't break" defense.  The cover 2 is exactly that which actually goes to show that the colts with their young defensive backfield did not do a great job with it last week because Moss had his 2 big plays. 

Anyway, other than NE (which should be expected) they gave up 14 and 17 points, and NE scored only 10 pts in the final 2/3 of the game.  That is the epitomy of bend don't break.

Additionally, NE is the #2 offense in the league and Houston is currently #6 in yards.  NE is #3 in scoring, Houston is #14.  Take away Houston's first game melt down of only 7 points and their average rises to #7. 

The colts are not world beaters that is for sure, but they are currently playing with 4 injured starters and cut a 5 starter who did not come ready to play this year.  That is nearly half of the defense, and yet this team is 9-0.  Manning is clearly carrying the team AGAIN, but the D is doing its job. 

Finally, the season does stay tough.  of the 6 top records in the AFC, I believe Indy's remaining schedule includes opponents with the highest aggregate win percentage.  I think NE is second.  Cincy has the easiest and Pitt may have the second easiest. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"That is the epitomy of bend don't break."

They were also aided by a Fake Ref Fumble as the Texans were on the 1 yard line and the fumble was out of bounds instead of and a end of game tying field goal just missed - both were breakdowns of the defense not bending.

They gave up 65 points in 3 games or 22 per game. That puts them below half and closer to the bottom.  These were home games, too.  I see bad stuff coming for the Colts in the next few weeks.  My point is that they will end up with a few losses and they will fizzle in Game 1 of the playoffs, as usual.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Paul -

If you believe that Houston fumble was out of bounds, then you will believe whatever you want to make your point.  Nobody believes that fumble was out of bounds.  It was an incredibly heady play by a rookie CB.  Missed FG by Houston to tie, Colts were fortunate there, but it would not have won the game for Houston. 
    You are entitled to your prediction.  We shall see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

In Response to Re: Indy Worst Defense in NFL past 3 weeks AT HOME:
    [QUOTE]"That is the epitomy of bend don't break." They were also aided by a Fake Ref Fumble as the Texans were on the 1 yard line and the fumble was out of bounds instead of and a end of game tying field goal just missed - both were breakdowns of the defense not bending. They gave up 65 points in 3 games or 22 per game. That puts them below half and closer to the bottom.  These were home games, too.  I see bad stuff coming for the Colts in the next few weeks.  My point is that they will end up with a few losses and they will fizzle in Game 1 of the playoffs, as usual.
    Posted by pauldeba[/QUOTE]

Paul,  Statistics can be worked to make a person believe most anything.  In this case.  You're wrong.  -  Besides.  It's not how you start the season, it's how you finish.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

" Nobody believes that fumble was out of bounds."

No one except the video camera

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Were-the-Texans-cheated-on-Ryan-Moats-fumble-?urn=nfl,201309&cp=2

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"  In this case.  You're wrong."

Actually, I am right.  My predictions may be worng at the future but they're not  wrong now.  I'll say Indy 12-4, If I'm wrong, I will be proven worng Sunday, not today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

So you're saying we lost to the worst defense?  This is supposed to make us feel better?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

"So you're saying we lost to the worst defense? "

Yes, we racked up 480 yards against the worst defense.

" This is supposed to make us feel better? "

Yes, it is simply an analysis to show that Indy is the 2006 Subprime Mortage profits of the 2009 NFL.  They are a facade and won't last long in the playoffs, as usual.

Sections
Shortcuts