Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year!

In Response to Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year! : Yep, its a pretty easy reason.  He wasn't getting healthy, but you believe whatever you need to, if it makes you feel better. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I believe what is right, not what makes me feel better. 

I'm not such a homer that I can't admit when a team has a great secondary or D-line, or anyting.  I will admit it when it is true, but your homer-isms are a bit ridiculous sometimes.  I try not to reply to them because I feel it is a waste of time, but sometimes it's just too ridiculous to not reply to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year! : INTs ain't everything, my friend, but you keep telling yourself differently.  Ellis Hobbs played 4 yrs for the pats started all games the last 2 years and more than half his first 2.  He has more ints than Jackson and before Jackson's injuries I wouldn't take Hobbs over Jackson if you paid me to do it.  The colts pass d over the past few years has been one of the best in the league and that was with Jackson playing.  So call it as you will.  I liked my guy, but unfortunately, he may be done for good, now. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Hobbs was a 3rd rounder who got us two 5th rounders , Jackson was a first rounder who will be unemployed this spring. BIG difference. The point is that Jackson was a first rd bust. He was never "rising" and his "old form" stunk up the joint.  INT's may not be everything but good CB's should get at least a few a year just like TD's aren't everything but a good WR should have at least a few of them. Believe what you want but don't go spreading the lie that you look at your team in an honest manner. In 2008 he had just 1 Pass defended and no INT's in the 7 games he started. Yup,he really earned that first round money! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year! :    Hobbs was a 3rd rounder who got us two 5th rounders , Jackson was a first rounder who will be unemployed this spring. BIG difference. The point is that Jackson was a first rd bust. He was never "rising" and his "old form" stunk up the joint.  INT's may not be everything but good CB's should get at least a few a year just like TD's aren't everything but a good WR should have at least a few of them. Believe what you want but don't go spreading the lie that you look at your team in an honest manner.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

you made some valid points.

looks like underdogg is completely outmatched in this thread lol he doesnt know much about football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

The Colts have played no one good. Underdog is a Colts cheerleader and the act is really getting tired. the only reason the Colts are undefeated is because Polian whines to the league and gets a creampuff schedule. They barely snuck past the 49ers and the only team with a winning record that they have faced was the Cardinals. I wonder what kind of backroom deal Polian made that ensure that the Patriots would be coming to Indy every year. I haven't seen the Colts in Foxboro since Peyton Manning threw more passes to Ty Law than Marvin Harrison back in 2004.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Indy's Marlin Jackson is out for the year! :    Hobbs was a 3rd rounder who got us two 5th rounders , Jackson was a first rounder who will be unemployed this spring. BIG difference. The point is that Jackson was a first rd bust. He was never "rising" and his "old form" stunk up the joint.  INT's may not be everything but good CB's should get at least a few a year just like TD's aren't everything but a good WR should have at least a few of them. Believe what you want but don't go spreading the lie that you look at your team in an honest manner. In 2008 he had just 1 Pass defended and no INT's in the 7 games he started. Yup,he really earned that first round money! 
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

Fact is: the Colts haven't utilized cover corners extensively since Jackson was drafted (until this year as they are trending that way).  He and Kelvin Hayden were selected for their physicality, and the defense's MO is to get to the QB quick enough that the CBs don't need to stand on an island.  That's not condusive to INTs, but I do remember one excellent INT of his...do I need to say it?  Yep, it's the 2005-6 AFCCG to seal the victory!

Seriously, the loss of Jackson may affect them if they get injuries at the position, but he's been a 100% non-factor so far.  He was slowed in his rehabilitation and since he'd been healthy he couldn't regain his starting spot (or even win nickel time away from the CFA Lacey).  It seems like the best two CBs the team has are the rookies Powers and Lacey.  As a Colt fan, I'm comfortable with them - they've played very well.  I would expect Brady to test them, and he may have success (not many CB tandems can shut down Moss and Welker).  However, I think I like the Colt CBs' chances againt the Pats than Bodden & Butler's chances against Manning, Wayne, Clark, etc.  But I'm a homey, and I have to think that...