Indy's O Line beat up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Indy's O Line beat up

They're ranked 29th rushing and teams are getting to Manning. Is this the key to the game?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Re: Indy's O Line beat up

In Response to Indy's O Line beat up:
    [QUOTE]They're ranked 29th rushing and teams are getting to Manning. Is this the key to the game?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

I think they "can´t run the ball" because they don´t try that hard, if they where comitted to run it, they would be better that 29th. Manning is among the less sacked QB this Season (for a change).

But, yes i think you are right, the key to the game is to move Peyton around and at least hit him early in the game.

Our defensive backs need to give some time to the D line to get to the QB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Indy's O Line beat up:
    [QUOTE]They're ranked 29th rushing and teams are getting to Manning. Is this the key to the game?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam, this is less about the line being beat up and more about the colts being a passing team.  We don't run block well and haven't all decade.  Last year Indy ranked 31.  Since 02 the colts have been in the top half of the league rushing just once and we were 15th (bottom of the top half). 

Addai is really no better than maroney (maybe his catching the ball and blocking, I don't know), but Donald Brown has also been out the last 2 or 3 games and that has not helped.

That said, I'd have to say a good game plan is to try and take away the pass and make the colts run.  BTW - Brown should be back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What about the Pat's O line?  They're not exactly coming into this game healthy, too!  This game may not so much be about the lines, but, how both team's D-Backs do in the passing defense.  This may be an air battle and not so much a running battle given either team's tendencies this season and how they have been winning.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

AGC - I said in another post (as now I am actually starting to discuss the game rather than correcting misinformation or staving off jerks) that in most other games, I would be fine with the colts DBs, even with the rookie corners.  They have played nearly all year, so they have received a quick education and have played about as well as could be expected (that doesn't mean they've been great). 

However, if the colts can get the pats in obvious passing downs and apply good pass rush pressure, then it certainly helps the dbs.  This is what I am hoping for.

Sections
Shortcuts