Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0

In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB be not going 19-0:
    [QUOTE]The Packers have to face Caleb Haine and the Bears and Plako and the Chiefs for a shot at 16-0. When Brady went for 16-0 & 50 TDs, he had to deal with snow storms and 25 MPH winds. Has it even snowed in GB this season? Also, we had tougher defenses down the stretch while the Packers faced off against no names. I'm not impressed at their 16-0, 19-0 I would be though.
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong on this, but during the Pats '07 run they beat 6 playoff teams. Had they won the SB against Green Bay it would have been 7 playoff teams. That said, 19-0 is incredible and will always be remembered and no one will really care about whether their schedule was weak or strong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB be not going 19-0 : I could be wrong on this, but during the Pats '07 run they beat 6 playoff teams. Had they won the SB against Green Bay it would have been 7 playoff teams. That said, 19-0 is incredible and will always be remembered and no one will really care about whether their schedule was weak or strong.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

In 2007, the Patriots beat 5 playoff teams in the regular season (Chargers, Cowboys, Colts, Steelers, Giants).  Through 13 games, the Packers have beaten four teams currently in the playoffs (Saints, Falcons, Broncos, Lions). 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I try not to let this get to me - but lets face it, as Pats fans, it sucks to see another team go 16-0 and possibly 19-0.

Honestly, I really think GB is going to lose in the playoffs.  Saints could very well beat them.

Quick fun fact - who was the last team GB lost to?  Patriots!!  HA HA..  I think it would be cool to see NE / GB Superbowl...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0 : In 2007, the Patriots beat 5 playoff teams in the regular season (Chargers, Cowboys, Colts, Steelers, Giants).  Through 13 games, the Packers have beaten four teams currently in the playoffs (Saints, Falcons, Broncos, Lions). 
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

Sorry my mistake needs clarity. I meant to say the whole season including playoffs which includes a win in the playoffs against the Jaguars. Again for GB 19-0 is 19-0 no one will care who they beat if they go undefeated. Also the Giants could be added to the list if they make the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]I try not to let this get to me - but lets face it, as Pats fans, it sucks to see another team go 16-0 and possibly 19-0. Honestly, I really think GB is going to lose in the playoffs.  Saints could very well beat them. Quick fun fact - who was the last team GB lost to?  Patriots!!  HA HA..  I think it would be cool to see NE / GB Superbowl...
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

I would love to see the Patriots beat them in the Super Bowl, but short of the Patriots winning it, I still think it would cool to see a team go 19-0. I wish it had been the Patriots, but I would like to see it in my lifetime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0 : Sorry my mistake needs clarity. I meant to say the whole season including playoffs which includes a win in the playoffs against the Jaguars. Again for GB 19-0 is 19-0 no one will care who they beat if they go undefeated. Also the Giants could be added to the list if they make the playoffs.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I actually forgot that the Giants were leading the NFC East right now. Just for comparison the Patriots have played only four games against current playoff teams. Two versus the Jets (both wins), the Steelers (loss) and the Giants (loss). To me, the fact that the Packers are 5-0 against playoff teams means their schedule has been plenty hard enough...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

FRNKBNHM, I see Pittsburgh and Baltimore as tough match-ups for the Pats and Green Bay. The only way Green Bay see either one (Steelers again) is in the SB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i'd rather they go 16-0.  losing in the reg season will just make them more focused. they're the type who will learn a lot from a loss. they are a talented team, and the only way they lose is if they get upset in one game. i want that to happen on a game that knocks them out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]i'd rather they go 16-0.  losing in the reg season will just make them more focused. they're the type who will learn a lot from a loss. they are a talented team, and the only way they lose is if they get upset in one game. i want that to happen on a game that knocks them out.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

With basically the same roster, they lost 6 games last season. Maybe they already learned from those...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0 : With basically the same roster, they lost 6 games last season. Maybe they already learned from those...
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

yes...and they got people back from injuries.

that said, if someone figures out to beat them once, the same strategy will not work the second time around.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0 : yes...and they got people back from injuries. that said, if someone figures out to beat them once, the same strategy will not work the second time around.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]
    I do not think that is the issue.. who have the Packers faced this year in which their opponent played extremely well and the Packers had to scratch out a win, basically, snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat?  The Giants came close, but, made too many mistakes and the Pack got some favorable calls in that game and you had the opening game against NO, but, it was in GB.  Detroit self destructed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Influencing factors for GB not going 19-0 : I do not think that is the issue.. who have the Packers faced this year in which their opponent played extremely well and the Packers had to scratch out a win, basically, snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat?  The Giants came close, but, made too many mistakes and the Pack got some favorable calls in that game and you had the opening game against NO, but, it was in GB.  Detroit self destructed.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

i look at calls that will favor gb to be part of reality. not everyone believes this but i do believe that goodell hates the pats, just smart enough to be subtle about it. if any team is to break mia's record he'd rather it be gb, just to make sure it isn't the pats to get it.

i am not saying the referees will be told to favor one team or another. it could be just a matter of saying how the game should be called (which they should call tight and which they can be loose about) that could favor one team depending on their relative playing styles.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Seattle...   I hear ya...   but, as I said, we have not seen a team REALLY step up against the Packers this season.  While in the Patriots' 16 - 0 season there were a few games, especially late in the season, in which the Pats had to scratch out wins against teams who were extremely motivated.