Ingram

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Ingram

Reports say the pats "love" Ingram...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

Would you be mad if the Pats drafted him at 17?  It might happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

In Response to Re: Ingram:
    [QUOTE]Reports say the pats "love" Ingram...
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

The only place I read where the Pats love him is from Peter DB King.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ingram : The only place I read where the Pats love him is from Peter DB King.
    Posted by Patriots1970[/QUOTE]

I remember a few months ago Ian Rappaport of the Herald and also Shalize Manza Young of the Globe were saying there was a lot of chatter in the Patriots organization of them really liking Ingram also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

60 Max Power O - Your source to NE football - You'll leave smarter

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

This is a part from Ian Rappaport's artcile a few months ago right after they traded Maroney.

"

So, here’s my final thought: The Patriots will be in perfect position in next year’s draft — with Oakland’s first-rounder — to draft a running back for the future. And I think they will. I’ve already heard internal rumblings about one particular player.

Don’t be surprised if www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/ingram_mark00.html">Alabama’s Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram is on their radar. They love his hard-running style, his toughness, and his sterling character. Plus, they can get a good scouting report from Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban. Ingram is a junior, but he’ll likely come out early, especially with talented Trent Richardson on his heels.

Something to watch for…"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I bet the Pats trade up with Detroit at #13 to select RB Mark Ingram.  Even BB said depth along the OL and DL is great this year which means we'll go in another direction and draft OL and DL in the latter rounds.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]I bet the Pats trade up with Detroit at #13 to select RB Mark Ingram.  Even BB said depth along the OL and DL is great this year which means we'll go in another direction and draft OL and DL in the latter rounds.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

To quote John McEnroe: "You can't be serious!"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He dominated the SEC.  If he's not hurt and available, and if BB thinks he's a  difference maker, I'd have zero issues with the Pats drafting him, even at 17.  I admittedly have only seen him in a handful of games.  To me, he looks like the guy that consistently gets you 100 yards in the NFL doing it 4+ yards at a whack.  Don't see him being a big play threat every down, but more of a 20+ carries per game guy if needed. 

RB the biggest need on this team?  Nope.  Hope they fortify the trenches.  But I admit that having Ingram here would be very interesting to me as a fan.       

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Would you be mad if the Pats drafted him at 17?  It might happen.
    Posted by Army2LT[/QUOTE]

If you're directing this question towards me, then I am not sure if you have read my posts..... I want this guy.  Lock down our RB position for the next 8 years. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

My look on Ingram is this. If BB drafts him, Im fine with it but in all honesty, I don't see him being available even at 17.

My thinking is as follows, Tony Sporano of the Miami Dolphins is on a short leash. If he loses his running game down in MIA, he will be fired as that team will be absolutely anemic without a running game.
    Why wouldn't Miami grab the best RB in the draft at 15? If Tony is on the hot seat, and they can possibly lose Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams ( remember, the draft will be before Free Agency this year), why wouldn't he take an instant impact player in Ingram? One can say that Miami needs a QB. A coach on the hot seat isn't taking a project QB in the first round, especially if he might be losing his entire running game via FA.

I just don't see Ingram getting by Miami, no way. We sure won't be trading up to get him either. DE/OLB and Oline are all bigger priorities then RB and you don't trade up for a RB that not only is a injury risk but isn't seen as a dominant "can't miss prospect"

Not to mention there are so many other good runners that should be available in rounds 2-5. Mikel Leshoure anyone? 

I'd also like to add this: ask yourself, what has hurt the Patriots more the past few seasons, the lack of a pass rush or the lack or a great RB? Personally, I want to see Dline/OLB addressed with 17/28 and then we can get a guy like Mikel leshoure, who IMO is not all that different from Mark Ingram.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]My look on Ingram is this. If BB drafts him, Im fine with it but in all honesty, I don't see him being available even at 17. My thinking is as follows, Tony Sporano of the Miami Dolphins is on a short leash. If he loses his running game down in MIA, he will be fired as that team will be absolutely anemic without a running game. Why wouldn't Miami grab the best RB in the draft at 15? If Tony is on the hot seat, and they can possibly lose Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams ( remember, the draft will be before Free Agency this year), why wouldn't he take an instant impact player in Ingram? One can say that Miami needs a QB. A coach on the hot seat isn't taking a project QB in the first round, especially if he might be losing his entire running game via FA. I just don't see Ingram getting by Miami, no way. We sure won't be trading up to get him either. DE/OLB and Oline are all bigger priorities then RB and you don't trade up for a RB that not only is a injury risk but isn't seen as a dominant "can't miss prospect" Not to mention there are so many other good runners that should be available in rounds 2-5. Mikel Leshoure anyone? 
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

Good thing everyone is on Mikel's balls.

Ingram falls one spot down for RB's.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

to be honest, I see mikel leshoure beaing a patriot more then I see Mark Ingram being one.

I really REALLY doubt BB will trade up to get Ingram, especially when he knows he can have Leshoure or another good back later on in the draft.

Another thing to ponder, lets say ,theoretically, Miami passes on Ingram and at pick #17, JJ Watt, Mike Pouncey and Ingram are all available. Do you really think the Pats would pick Ingram over either Watt or Pouncey? I don't see it.
    New Orleans would then take a long hard look at Ingram @ 24, one could say the same about seattle @ 25. If he is there at 28, then I can see BB taking him, but who is to say BB won't just trade down?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]to be honest, I see mikel leshoure beaing a patriot more then I see Mark Ingram being one. I really REALLY doubt BB will trade up to get Ingram, especially when he knows he can have Leshoure or another good back later on in the draft. Another thing to ponder, lets say ,theoretically, Miami passes on Ingram and at pick #17, JJ Watt, Mike Pouncey and Ingram are all available. Do you really think the Pats would pick Ingram over either Watt or Pouncey? I don't see it. New Orleans would then take a long hard look at Ingram @ 24, one could say the same about seattle @ 25. If he is there at 28, then I can see BB taking him, but who is to say BB won't just trade down?
    Posted by GadisRKO[/QUOTE]

I would be shocked if they took Ingram at 17, and Ingram is more of a Patriots Runner to me for his three down capabilities and he's known to be a great blocker.

I know they go defense or OL with 17 if they keep it.... Ingram I'm hoping scares people off enough to drop to 28 or even 33. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I'm with you Getzo all the way with Ingram.  All the signs point to him as our guy.  BB is quoted as saying that "there's great depth at OL and DL" which to me means that he'll get those guys later on.  Nick Saban is our inside guy with the knowledge.  And BB isn't the type to wait on a player and risk losing out on that selection. 

I remember him quoted years ago saying "if you like a player in the 4th round, why not take them in the 3rd."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

When will you guys just admit he is going to fall to us!!  Anything can happen I know, but the Pats have all the chips!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]too bad the fins have nothing we would want, being that you cannot trade picks for players in this draft and they don't have a 2nd round pick (traded to denver) plus the 33rd pick is worth more than their 3rd-7th round picks.  plus i highly doubt miami will be in the bottom 10 of the league next season so thier first round pick won't accrue any real value. I hear you but I think Miami will be at least 16. Pick 33 would be upgraded anyway. Honestly I hope we turn 28 or 33 into a first next year. Sooner or later there will be another Suh and we'll have the ammo to go up and get him. We can fill needs with what we have left this year. I'd hate to go into a draft with just 1 first and 1 second round pick. Belichick makes the draft exciting. Hit or miss on a player I just see him do things most would never think of. I'd love to be a fly on a wall in the war room.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]
    if he doesnt trade up this year with 9 freaking picks, why would you think he would next year. there are suhs in this draft. sure all pros or all stars(nothing is totally sure; not even suh was). they are throughout this draft, but the ones that are more likely are at the top.
    although some analysts have said  ingram would be an all pro with the pats. ditto dareus, fairley if he flies right, quinn, carimi.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]If I had to write a scouting report on Ingram, it would look like this... Definition of short stepper, looks like he's taking baby steps all over the field, just like Smith. His short steps help him with his balance, but may not translate well to the nfl, because his feet will be available for linebackers to trip up and you need to get those feet off the ground when mudding through a hole. Has a very thick and muscled set of calves and thighs, which will hopefully off set any problems he may have while getting tackled.   Seems to have nice quickness and vision, but lacks true break away speed. He looks stiff in his hips, but runs at a nice pad level. His balance looks average, but he's not going to be a ballerina anytime soon. He's not afraid of contact and will move a pile. This is a runner that can stay on the field, although most of them do after a couple of years of nfl coaching anyways. Mid first round talent, that will help a team right away.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

nice!

re short stepper, isnt he though!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]All around talent at the running back position doesn't last till the late 20's. It just won't happen; if you feel like he's going to be the next Emmit Smith or Marshal Faulk...you take him at 17 or move up to get him. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

"if you feel like he's going to be the next Emmit Smith or Marshal Faulk...you take him at 17 or move up to get him. "

would we even know it? we passed on steven jackson and took maroney.
    ouch! i felt we made a big mistake at that very moment watching.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Most of the NFL Scouts have him as pedestrian but not spectacular.   Hardly a great endorsement. Additionally the rumors about Arthritis in his knee simply must be seriously looked at before you take him. He is not a 17 th pick. The Patriots pass rush is PATHETIC and I’m being kind, please, please work on this. Overall what are the areas on the Patriots that need a bit of attention? I’m thinking; 1.        Pass Rush/OLB 2.        DE 3.        ILB 4.        CB 5.        OL I’m fine with the Offense other than beefing up the O line. If we don’t make some significant improvement with the D I’m going to rip out what’s left of my hair.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

nomore,

"If we don’t make some significant improvement with the D I’m going to rip out what’s left of my hair."

i can sympathize!

all good points (have made them myself several times on the big mock thread).
    i dont know that ilb is a high need however.
    what were you thinking about doing with the new ilb?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]The Patriots might be one of those two teams.  However, they may be trying to get Ingram to slip so they can take him in the 2nd round!  I could actually see that being the case.
    Posted by titletownfan[/QUOTE]

totally. you guys reading too much into it. if teams considering ingram were concerned about his knee, theyd have him in again for evaluation.
    typical misinfo at this time of year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I'm soooooooooooooooo hurt.. I am I wish i could ahve watched this guy in a Pats Uni..... dammit,,,,,,.....  Mikel??? I dunno... I don't care.  I hope we get that guy that's compared to a Chris johnson style,,, forgot his name,,,,

pissed right now.

Sections
Shortcuts