Ingram

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Ingram

Well there it is!!!!  Reports are saying teams are skeptical about his knee... and rotoworld has him falling to 33 in their mock draft.  This most definitely gives us a great chnace to get him.  Miami to me would be the only true threat again, but would they be willing to make such a bold risk without room for risk?  With the amount od ammunition the Pats have I believe a risk is warranted, and we could give him time to rest by bringing him on slowly with a three headed monster to start the season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/202436/report-teams-concerned-w-mark-ingrams-knee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

^^^^^^^^^^^ Even PUP, it doesnt matter... ala Brandon Tate, Taylor Price and give him a year off....  With so many picks available if he falls I hope Pats Jump.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

maybe Miami would like to give up lots and lots to get him at pick 33.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

We (The Pats) already have a 220 lb RB that doesnt do do anything very special except for not fumbling, he is BJGE.  There are some good size RB's in this draft that are fast and his size, R Helu, and  D Murray.  There are better bruising RB's that are faster too like, D Thomas, M Lashoure, and A Allen.  Plus there are other good all around backs like R Williams, K Hunter, S Vereen, D Carter, and D Scott.
    There isnt much of a fall off from these RB's to Ingram.  The bonus of getting one of these RB's is that most of them could be had after the 3rd round.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Ingram:
    maybe Miami would like to give up lots and lots to get him at pick 33.
    Posted by Philskiw1

too bad the fins have nothing we would want, being that you cannot trade picks for players in this draft and they don't have a 2nd round pick (traded to denver) plus the 33rd pick is worth more than their 3rd-7th round picks.  plus i highly doubt miami will be in the bottom 10 of the league next season so thier first round pick won't accrue any real value.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm all for trading back 28 to SD for 50 and 61 and taking Ingram at 33 if he's there. He's worth the risk at that point.

BTW just because players are the same size doesn't make them the same player  />.<  and just because a player has a faster 40 doesn't make them a better player (Ingram actually had the best 10 yard split for RB's in the combine so he has the quickest burst speed which I would say is more important then 40 time).

Ingram played in a better D conference behind a worse Oline then many of the other RB's including Helu and still put up the same numbers which is more then impressive. I wouldn't spend #17 on him but if he's there at #33 maybe you can trade back a couple spots to a QB desperate team but I would take him before someone else does

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

This is the draft where I wish BB wouldn't trade back unless he's overwhelmed by a desperate team. I really think that rumor is a smokescreen.    So when he doesn't trade it, some team, on that Thursday night in April, knowing he would deal since he planted a rumor in March, overpays. 17 Kerrigan 28 Ingram 33 Wilkerson 60 Wisniewski This kind of a draft would be unreal.
    Posted by BBReigns
    I would love this draft, although I don't see the 28th pick as a smoke screen. Pats already have alot of young Talent on the Team. Depending on the how the draft falls, and with free agency coming after the draft it makes too much sense BB to not offer this pick to a Team that wants to wrap up a Qb before day 2. Buffalo, Cincy, Ariz, Tenn, Wash, all need Qb's. I say one of these Teams moves up to take Locker

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

I predict Miami passes on Ingram, they need Offensive line help. The leading rusher this year was a free agent, teams know that you can get a quality RB later on. O-Line and D-Line first. Although Parcells is no longer there so we will see. I see Ingram falling to about 25-28

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Don't need him - let Miami have him. The Pats can grab a FA RB with better experience and value as this years rookie class stinks for RB. Better to grab a pass rushing OLB or DE and an OT in a draft this deep. Pick up a G/C in 2 3 rd and then we have a good future basis on the line to protect Brady open up holes that would not be available for a rookie selected in 1st round!
    Posted by Patriots1970
        SURE, then he can ring up 150 yards per game against us twice a year for the next 8 years or so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Even though I would like to see the pats pick up Ingram or LeShoure up, would prefer to hit pass rush and Offensive line first.

If Ingram is there at 33, hard to pass up the value.  Otherwise, as others have said, there are other backs in /after 3rd round that could be had.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

too bad the fins have nothing we would want, being that you cannot trade picks for players in this draft and they don't have a 2nd round pick (traded to denver) plus the 33rd pick is worth more than their 3rd-7th round picks.  plus i highly doubt miami will be in the bottom 10 of the league next season so thier first round pick won't accrue any real value.

I hear you but I think Miami will be at least 16. Pick 33 would be upgraded anyway. Honestly I hope we turn 28 or 33 into a first next year. Sooner or later there will be another Suh and we'll have the ammo to go up and get him. We can fill needs with what we have left this year. I'd hate to go into a draft with just 1 first and 1 second round pick. Belichick makes the draft exciting. Hit or miss on a player I just see him do things most would never think of. I'd love to be a fly on a wall in the war room.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

All around talent at the running back position doesn't last till the late 20's. It just won't happen; if you feel like he's going to be the next Emmit Smith or Marshal Faulk...you take him at 17 or move up to get him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If I had to write a scouting report on Ingram, it would look like this...

Definition of short stepper, looks like he's taking baby steps all over the field, just like Smith. His short steps help him with his balance, but may not translate well to the nfl, because his feet will be available for linebackers to trip up and you need to get those feet off the ground when mudding through a hole. Has a very thick and muscled set of calves and thighs, which will hopefully off set any problems he may have while getting tackled.

Seems to have nice quickness and vision, but lacks true break away speed. He looks stiff in his hips, but runs at a nice pad level. His balance looks average, but he's not going to be a ballerina anytime soon. He's not afraid of contact and will move a pile. This is a runner that can stay on the field, although most of them do after a couple of years of nfl coaching anyways. Mid first round talent, that will help a team right away.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

that would be a dream draft! and is actually a realistic possibilty. not sure wilkerson lasts to 33 though. more likely see the dlineman go at 17 because they always go higher in the draft than LB's. maybe wilkerson or jj watt at 17, and then one of those conversion LB's like sheard or ayers at 33. i really think we need 3 top tier players: a pass rushing LB, a 5 technique DE, and either a running back or guard. thats why i really hope BB holds onto those 3 picks. but...i just dont see it happening. In Response to Re: Ingram :
    Posted by artielang

Yeah, just an example. Just flip the 17 and 33 and go DE at 17 (EX: Cameron Jordan) and maybe a Brooks Reed or an Acho at 33 for an OLB option.

Good problems to have, considering the 1st Round seems pretty balanced with DE and OLB choices.

This is why this Ingram thing is so intriguing. It's possible teams pass on Ingram to fill other needs.

I was also reading about the idea that QBs may go much sooner in this draft if the CBA continues on through the summer, with the idea being, all of these tradeable or FA QBs won't be in camp learning a new system. Teams will want to get a rookie QB into mini camp immediately and get them learning.  Makes sense.

It might be a blessing that Ingram's knee issues are there for the Pats.

If he's passed on, I don't know how NE can't make a move on him.  Not only does he remind me of Emmit Smith in body size, style, center of gravity/balance, etc, there hasn't been a back like Ingram to come out in the draft in years.

His body and production make him a perfect NFL RB candidate in Week 1 in this league.

He'd be the very rare 1st rd RB I can envision NE taking.  Normally, I wouldn't want an RB or WR in Round 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram

Getting sick of me yet????????????????????????

We can get this guy and have an assortment of picks to do it!!!!!  And just read Rusty's post if you need more clarification.

I just do not see why Pats pass, I really don't....  but then again I am a guy behind a computer. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

So this news excites no one? C'mon......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I'm with you Getzo. I really think this kid would be a steal wherever the Pats got him. The Pats have lacked a true back since Dillon. As far as everyone thinking they need an OLB or DE with the first pick, we have Ty Warren coming back and Leigh Bodden to help the passing D. I say get Ingram and take a D player with pick 28.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Well well well

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4989/benjarvus-green-ellis

C'mon now! We want him if he's available at the bottom of round 1.... it will be too hard to pass it up!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeddyBruski54. Show TeddyBruski54's posts

In Response to Ingram:
    Pats are looking at him hard.... if he falls to the second round and no one trades up, I think we found our man for the next 8 years.  http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6471/mark-ingram I've wanted him all a long.  He does it all, I hope the Pats think as I do on this one. 
    Posted by Getzo

Wow, I can't believe how underrated this guy is. He honestly reminds me of Priest Holmes, priest was 5'9", 213 lbs-- Ingram is 5'9" 215 lbs--Ingram has great genetics', his dad was a good receiver for the NYG's back in the late 80's early 90's and was on a superbowl winning team with BB in 1990. Also, Mark Ingram jr played for Nick Saban, who runs a pro style offense and is a BB disciple. We know that Freddy T is all done and fan favorite Kevin Faulk is at the end of a great career. Sammy Morris hasn't been able to stay on the field either and although has great heart I feel his skills are diminishing-Thomas Clayton has decent upside as a back up player only. So I feel as though Running Back is a major Priority for this draft, we really only have two legit back in Ben J, and Woodhead. Drafting Mark Ingram Jr. is a huge priority for us, he has the ability to stay on the field for a whole drive and catch the ball as well as run the ball in crunch time. He's steady, elusive , intelligent and reliable. He's also showed durability in college and he averaged a stout 5.5 yards a carry rushing and had 46 TD's(Rushing and Receiving)In a 3 year span. Also BB's showed allot of interest of coarse and it wouldn't surprise me to see BB draft two Backs in this draft. The only way BB doesn't draft Ingram there at 17 is if there's a knee issue that's more serious than I thought or if someone drafts him before pick 17. IMO

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/640760-2011-nfl-draft-big-board-50-potential-new-england-patriots-prospects-version-2#page/30

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

With the current starting line up of Vollmer, Connolly, Koppen, Wendell (or OJinakka) and Kaczur why would you waste 17, 28 or 33 on a RB that will not be able to make it through the hole and most likely have to be a blocking back to protect Brady?

Ingram may be the 'best' RB in the Oline needs an OT and G(/C) which may have to come with two picks out 28, 33 or 60 - unless Moffit drops to the 3rd round.

The current healthy DL starters on the roster? Wilfork. Ty Warren is an unknown with his hip and has to have his own Dr now w the CBA. G Warren had offseason surgery and is a FA, Stroud was signed as a FA, but he may at the very best replace G Warren. M Wright is only recently was able to start watching tv and start weight lifting again. So there needs to be at least one starting DE taken in the 17, 28, 33.

The Pats have lacked a pass rushing OLB since 2009 and also have a hard time setting the edge. So who will step up in 2011? TBC? Ninkovich? Fletcher or Cunningham? No one would be happy to keep the same players when there are so many option in the at 17, 28 and 33 to get a play maker.

The Patriots need to address at least two of these areas Oline, DE OLB with the 17 and 28th pick.

If Ingram falls to 33 and they grab him - I would fine with that as long as they take care of the other needs. Ingram however is not a once in a generation RB.
    Otherwise there are other RB in the draft and enough FAs to meet the needs of the Patriots RB committee...

I feel the Patriots have a bigger concern at WR with Welker going into his last year, Branch being a yeara older and only having two yrs left on his contract and that Tate and Price have not added any value and are losing education from the coaches during this CBA debacle. For some reason Edelman is an inigma....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Most of the NFL Scouts have him as pedestrian but not spectacular.  Hardly a great endorsement. Additionally the rumors about Arthritis in his knee simply must be seriously looked at before you take him. He is not a 17th pick.

The Patriots pass rush is PATHETIC and I’m being kind, please, please work on this.

Overall what are the areas on the Patriots that need a bit of attention? I’m thinking;

1.       Pass Rush/OLB

2.       DE

3.       ILB

4.       CB

5.       OL

I’m fine with the Offense other than beefing up the O line. If we don’t make some significant improvement with the D I’m going to rip out what’s left of my hair.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Most of the NFL Scouts have him as pedestrian but not spectacular.   Hardly a great endorsement. Additionally the rumors about Arthritis in his knee simply must be seriously looked at before you take him. He is not a 17 th pick. The Patriots pass rush is PATHETIC and I’m being kind, please, please work on this. Overall what are the areas on the Patriots that need a bit of attention? I’m thinking; 1.        Pass Rush/OLB 2.        DE 3.        ILB 4.        CB 5.        OL I’m fine with the Offense other than beefing up the O line. If we don’t make some significant improvement with the D I’m going to rip out what’s left of my hair.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Interesting you have ILB there at 3 as Mayo, Spikes, Guyton have been solid when playing and Fletcher is a guy I would like to see jump up in his second year.

Pats can always use a CB or three! haha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

This is the draft where I wish BB wouldn't trade back unless he's overwhelmed by a desperate team. I really think that rumor is a smokescreen.    So when he doesn't trade it, some team, on that Thursday night in April, knowing he would deal since he planted a rumor in March, overpays. 17 Kerrigan 28 Ingram 33 Wilkerson 60 Wisniewski This kind of a draft would be unreal.
    Posted by BBReigns

I'd be happy with that. I'm guessing OT in the third round.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Ingram : Wow, I can't believe how underrated this guy is. He honestly reminds me of Priest Holmes, priest was 5'9", 213 lbs-- Ingram is 5'9" 215 lbs--Ingram has great genetics', his dad was a good receiver for the NYG's back in the late 80's early 90's and was on a superbowl winning team with BB in 1990. Also, Mark Ingram jr played for Nick Saban , who runs a pro style offense and is a BB disciple. We know that Freddy T is all done and fan favorite Kevin Faulk is at the end of a great career. Sammy Morris hasn't been able to stay on the field either and although has great heart I feel his skills are diminishing-Thomas Clayton has decent upside as a back up player only. So I feel as though Running Back is a major Priority for this draft, we really only have two legit back in Ben J , and Woodhead . Drafting Mark Ingram Jr . is a huge priority for us, he has the ability to stay on the field for a whole drive and catch the ball as well as run the ball in crunch time. He's steady, elusive , intelligent and reliable. He's also showed durability in college and he averaged a stout 5.5 yards a carry rushing and had 46 TD's (Rushing and Receiving)In a 3 year span. Also BB's showed allot of interest of coarse and it wouldn't surprise me to see BB draft two Backs in this draft. The only way BB doesn't draft Ingram there at 17 is if there's a knee issue that's more serious than I thought or if someone drafts him before pick 17. IMO http://bleacherreport.com/articles/640760-2011-nfl-draft-big-board-50-potential-new-england-patriots-prospects-version-2#page/30
    Posted by TeddyBruski54

I can see the need for a running back, and a reciever as well. I'm not sure if I think this guy reminds me of Holmes. Ingram looks like he's taking baby strides all over the place and looks tight in the hips, although it works for him and he's got vision and strength. Did Holmes run like that? I don't remember him doing that...maybe Emmitt Smith?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I have ILB as I would like a bigger version of Mayo, to play along side of Mayo, a big in your face run stuffer.

Sections
Shortcuts