Injuries already . . .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Injuries already . . .

Frustrating....from NBC Sports ...  hope this isn't another Ras-I, Tate, situation:

The Patriots drafted wide receivers Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce in hopes of vertically stretching the field on offense, but they’ll have to wait a little bit longer to see Boyce in action on the field.

Boyce is not taking part in on-field work at this weekend’s rookie minicamp because of a broken bone in his foot. Boyce is believed to have suffered the injury before the combine and had surgery after running a 4.38 for NFL scouts in Indianapolis.

Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com reports that Boyce termed his status “day-to-day” for a return to a full workload, a timeline that should have him ready to go in plenty of time for training camp this August. Once Boyce is healthy, it is expected that he and Dobson will battle for a starting role alongside Danny Amendola in the Patriots’ base offensive set.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Re: Injuries already . . .

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Frustrating....from NBC Sports ...  hope this isn't another Ras-I, Tate, situation:

The Patriots drafted wide receivers Aaron Dobson and Josh Boyce in hopes of vertically stretching the field on offense, but they’ll have to wait a little bit longer to see Boyce in action on the field.

Boyce is not taking part in on-field work at this weekend’s rookie minicamp because of a broken bone in his foot. Boyce is believed to have suffered the injury before the combine and had surgery after running a 4.38 for NFL scouts in Indianapolis.

Field Yates of ESPNBoston.com reports that Boyce termed his status “day-to-day” for a return to a full workload, a timeline that should have him ready to go in plenty of time for training camp this August. Once Boyce is healthy, it is expected that he and Dobson will battle for a starting role alongside Danny Amendola in the Patriots’ base offensive set.

Pro I see IR for the young fellah, but he is a promising prospect and will be back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Pat's already knew this before drafting him. He will be on the field and ready to go. Maybe start year on IR and come along in week 6 (I think) or later... but he is a player and will help this team for a long while (I hope)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

plus, with BB - you never know if it's legit info anyway. Could be mis-information, just because BB is BB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to SilverSun's comment:

Pro I see IR for the young fellah, but he is a promising prospect and will be back

This injury may explain why Boyce was available to be taken with the 102nd pick. This doesn't appear to be nearly as bad a situation as with Ras-I, who was injury prone throughout his college career...or with Tate, who suffered a severe knee injury in college. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Hello - everybody knew about this - and he put up pretty amazing numbers at the combine with it. This injury amounts to a broken toe. Not something that has ever been on a list of 'chronic' injuries that I have every seen.

Not sure of the recovery period - there was some talk pre draft that he might need surgery which would add about six weeks to recovery. If no surgery than it is literally day to day.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Dude.  This is not any surprise.  He ran the 40 at the Combine with a broken toe.  It's well known.

This is nothing more than precautionary to make sure everything is good for June camp.

Relax.

He ran a 4.38 with that broken toe.... crazy.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Had read he ran in the combine back in February with a break . . . didn't know he had surgery afterwards, however, or that the injury was still going to be a factor two months later in May.  Hopefully, he's ready to go when camp starts.  We really need at least one of the rookie WRs to turn into a decent contributor this year and don't like to see one of the higher potential ones not getting to practice. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He should be ready by camp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Yeah, I don't like it. 

I am tired of NE drafting sick kids. I couldn't understand why people questioned BB passing on Tank Carradine, who I thought was overrated to begin with. Add his injury history, and it reaked of grabbing another Terrence Wheatley. 

I hope Boyce heals up. He isn't a high selection, though, so if he doesn't it's not the end of the world.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Yeah, I don't like it. 

I am tired of NE drafting sick kids. I couldn't understand why people questioned BB passing on Tank Carradine, who I thought was overrated to begin with. Add his injury history, and it reaked of grabbing another Terrence Wheatley. 

I hope Boyce heals up. He isn't a high selection, though, so if he doesn't it's not the end of the world.

I agree. Like I say, the faster the impact the better.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Yeah, I don't like it. 

Good point about Wheatley. Three doctors could make a good living just treating him, and  Ras-I.

The Pats may be best off red shirting this kid, making sure he doesn't take the field before he's 100%. Tom Brady could have a ball throwing a variety of routes to a guy with his kind of speed. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Heard BB has called Central Garage in Foxboro . . .

Great TOW trucks with the goal to have the best services available at affordable prices in the Foxboro area . . . and to get you back on the road in no time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Rookie Jeff Demps fell to the turf, broke his knee and went on IR, then decided to make a living off of track.  Usually when you break your knee, deciding to make a living off of track isn't a common response.  Demps apparently admitted to a reporter afterwards that he was all right, but the commish didn't bother to look into the situation. 

Boyce, a fourth rounder, won't be of much use to the team as a rookie and so he will wind up on PUP / injured reserve.  For much the same reason, BB spent a fifth round choice on Marcus Cannon who was in the middle of chemotherapy.  Cannon limped himself right onto the PUP list, got around the 53 man limit, got healthy quick and worked his way onto the field. 

If Boyce's foot gets healthy too early, well, that's what baseball bats are for. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't think he goes on IR unless it's due to reinjuring the toe or another injury altogether.

Right now, like the kid said, it's day to day.

Don't put the "injury prone" lable on him already.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't think they will "want" him on IR at least till they see what he can do in preseason.  They need WRs and will want to give him a chance to show what he can do.  Only if they think he's not ready to contribute will putting him on IR start to look good. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

I don't think so, he was healthy in college most of the time. Don't even get me started on Dowling though. I couldnt believe they drafted him. As soon as he was picked I said that he will never make it through half a season. So far he hasn't even made it close to a half of a season, the guy gets hurt on the bench. Why they drafted him is beyond me. The first pick of the 2nd round too. He's the worst pick in franchise history.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Boyce doesn't have an injury plagued past like Wheatley and Ras. It's a broken pinkie toe...it hurts like heck, but should heal and he will be fine.

at this point, there is no way I IR him. We need all wr's on deck, ready to learn the play book and hopefully contribute.

although he was an early 4th round pick, I think this kid can play and play fairly well year 1. I would like to see him contribute and think he can.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Boyce doesn't have an injury plagued past like Wheatley and Ras. It's a broken pinkie toe...it hurts like heck, but should heal and he will be fine.

at this point, there is no way I IR him. We need all wr's on deck, ready to learn the play book and hopefully contribute.

although he was an early 4th round pick, I think this kid can play and play fairly well year 1. I would like to see him contribute and think he can.

i lean with you here lifer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I hope He is ok  by camp. We need all our wrs. 

Sections
Shortcuts