Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern

Center Dan Koppen, and DT Myron Pryor are out for the year. Safety Patrick Chung underwent thumb surgery...certainly not a good thing for an NFL safety. It's been revealed that DT Albert Haynesworth, much criticized for lacklustre play last week, has back problems. DT Mike Wright is likely out due to concussion repercussions. CB Ras-I Dowling is likely out with a thigh injury. RT Sebastien Vollmer is still bothered by a bad back. TE Aaron Hernandez will miss a month due to a knee injury. LB Jerod Mayo will likely play despite a thigh injury. Punter Zoltan Mesko is questionable with a knee injury. Leigh Bodden will likely play Sunday with a hand injury.

...and this is only week three.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern

So Texas...can we beat the Bills Sunday, or is this a season-changing injury list?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

it could be worse like the injury bug that bit the giants or willie in the temple of doom

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

BB is prepared for all of this but i must admit that the injuries are mounting and this needs to be an injury free week.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Wilfork and Ellis make a better match-up than with Haynesworth in there. Reading what Bedard wrote, it seemed like Ellis was bailing Haynesworth all game vs. San Diego. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Yes, injuries are more than a secondary concern... but nothing to alarm ourselves, we have to take it easy.

Vollmer has a great replacement right now

Hernandez is gonna be back in 1 - 2 weeks

Zoltan, 1-2 weeks tops !

Big Al.- he´s not even out of this game

Chung.- this one is very important, he is by far the best S 

Kyle A. Reserve rol

I wish BB would give SEABASS, BIG AL, HERNANDEZ AND ZOLTAN... 2 WEEKS TO BE READY FOR THE JETS

GO PATS !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern:
    [QUOTE]So Texas...can we beat the Bills Sunday, or is this a season-changing injury list?
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

The Pats will beat the Bills, and cover...injuries or no. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, injuries are more than a secondary concern... but nothing to alarm ourselves, we have to take it easy. Vollmer has a great replacement right now Hernandez is gonna be back in 1 - 2 weeks

The latest estimates now show that Hernandez will be out 4-6 weeks.

Zoltan, 1-2 weeks tops! Big Al.- he´s not even out of this game Chung.- this one is very important, he is by far the best S

Losing Chung will hurt...as the Pats are already extremely thin at safety.

Kyle A. Reserve rol   I wish BB would give SEABASS, BIG AL, HERNANDEZ AND ZOLTAN... 2 WEEKS TO BE READY FOR THE JETS GO PATS !
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Faucetman. Show Faucetman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern :
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    This team is deep.  Brady has many other weapons besides Aaron Hernandez.  I look for Ocho to step up against BUF.  Gronk has been a beast and Welker is still Welker.  Oakland hung 35 up on the Bills last week with Jason Campbell throwing for 323 yards.  I don't expect Brady to put up 400-500 yards every week but he should top 300 against Buffalo even without Hernandez.  I expect us to run the ball more this week and perhaps we'll get our first look at Shane Vereen.

As for the injuries, yes, they are mounting.  Let's hope we don't lose anyone else especially on the OL or secondary.  BB stockpiled the DL this year after getting really thin there last year.  Wright appears done, Pryor is done and Haynesworth has a bad back.  But let's not forget we have Deaderick and Brace available to come off the PUP after week 6.  I never heard what was wrong with those guys as they pretty much started training camp there but hopefully they were just being tucked away as insurance.

Losing Chung for any period of time worries me since we are so thin at S already.  Connolly needs to stay healthy the rest of the year and once we get to Week 6, Cannon should be ready to go if needed although Waters is playing great.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Injuries happen to every team. If #12 is upright all year they are getting to the playoffs. What they do when they get there is the real question.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

49Pats is a troll, probably the same guy as Leon and TexasPat.  Just give him the old ignore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't think bedard was insinuating Haynsworth was bailed out by anybody. He was simply pointing out that he wasn't in on a lot of key plays and a back injury very well could have been the reason why.

To me the Chung injury is the most concerning. Barret and Brown back in the secondary is a little scary but hopefully they step up.

btw anybody notice how much of a physical presence Barret is? Guy is big and hits hard when he happens to be in on a play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern:
    [QUOTE]     Center Dan Koppen, and DT Myron Pryor are out for the year. Safety Patrick Chung underwent thumb surgery...certainly not a good thing for an NFL safety. It's been revealed that DT Albert Haynesworth, much criticized for lacklustre play last week, has back problems. DT Mike Wright is likely out due to concussion repercussions. CB Ras-I Dowling is likely out with a thigh injury. RT Sebastien Vollmer is still bothered by a bad back. TE Aaron Hernandez will miss a month due to a knee injury. LB Jerod Mayo will likely play despite a thigh injury. Punter Zoltan Mesko is questionable with a knee injury. Leigh Bodden will likely play Sunday with a hand injury.      ...and this is only week three.   

The short offseason with less conditioning time is taking it's toll, IMO. Some are freak injuries, like the thumb and the concussion ... others like hammys, ligaments, muscle strains, backs and cramps are the kind of thing proper conditioning time prevents. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

Didn't the Packers have like 19 guys on IR or PUP or injured last year and they ummm..... won the super bowl.  All teams have injuries, only the losers make excuses.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

They have way too much for the Bills to handle. Look for the little people this week to have big games. Woodhead is gonna kill them out of the backfield on screens. When they gamble on Woodhead Welker and Branch are gonna move the chains consistantly.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern : This team is deep.  Brady has many other weapons besides Aaron Hernandez.  I look for Ocho to step up against BUF.  Gronk has been a beast and Welker is still Welker.

RESPONSE: Faucet and all...the timing of the release of reserve TE, Dan Gronkowski, indicated to me that his injury troubles may have been worse than indicated. With him gone, the Patriots are going into the Bills game with just one healthy TE. Though one might think that OT Nate Solder might be able to play TE in a pinch, with Sebastien Vollmer out with a bad back, Nate will be busy playing RT. With Hernandez out, this is a big opportunity for Ocho to step up.

Oakland hung 35 up on the Bills last week with Jason Campbell throwing for 323 yards.  I don't expect Brady to put up 400-500 yards every week but he should top 300 against Buffalo even without Hernandez.  I expect us to run the ball more this week and perhaps we'll get our first look at Shane Vereen.

RESPONSE: The Pats will run only to set up the pass. Keep an eye on center Dan Connolly. He had problems containg the Charger DTs last week. Look for the Bills to try to exploit him with their DT tandum, Marcell Dareus and Kyle Williams. Look for teams to game plan to try to get at Brady over Connolly for the remainder of the season. Also...I noticed during the second half of last weeks' game that the Pats seemed to get away from the "shotgun". Is Connolly having problems with snaps?

As for the injuries, yes, they are mounting.  Let's hope we don't lose anyone else especially on the OL or secondary.  BB stockpiled the DL this year after getting really thin there last year.  Wright appears done, Pryor is done and Haynesworth has a bad back.  But let's not forget we have Deaderick and Brace available to come off the PUP after week 6.  I never heard what was wrong with those guys as they pretty much started training camp there but hopefully they were just being tucked away as insurance.

RESPONSE: Unfortunately, I agree on Wright. He appears to be done. Let's hope that it doesn't come down to the Pats' having to depend on Brace and/or Deaderick. Brace appears to be a bust, and Deaderick is a marginal player at best.

Losing Chung for any period of time worries me since we are so thin at S already.  Connolly needs to stay healthy the rest of the year and once we get to Week 6, Cannon should be ready to go if needed although Waters is playing great.

RESPONSE: The Pats need to add depth at OG/center, unless anyone seriously thinks that Rich Ohrnberger is the answer. Connolly got pushed around in the Charger game. Chung appears to be injury prone. Though he may now be a step slow, it might be time for the Pats to bring in an experienced guy like Darren Sharper.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern:
    [QUOTE]     Center Dan Koppen, and DT Myron Pryor are out for the year. Safety Patrick Chung underwent thumb surgery...certainly not a good thing for an NFL safety. It's been revealed that DT Albert Haynesworth, much criticized for lacklustre play last week, has back problems. DT Mike Wright is likely out due to concussion repercussions. CB Ras-I Dowling is likely out with a thigh injury. RT Sebastien Vollmer is still bothered by a bad back. TE Aaron Hernandez will miss a month due to a knee injury. LB Jerod Mayo will likely play despite a thigh injury. Punter Zoltan Mesko is questionable with a knee injury. Leigh Bodden will likely play Sunday with a hand injury.      ...and this is only week three.   

dowling is now listed as a hip

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern : This team is deep.  Brady has many other weapons besides Aaron Hernandez.  I look for Ocho to step up against BUF.  Gronk has been a beast and Welker is still Welker.  Oakland hung 35 up on the Bills last week with Jason Campbell throwing for 323 yards.  I don't expect Brady to put up 400-500 yards every week but he should top 300 against Buffalo even without Hernandez.  I expect us to run the ball more this week and perhaps we'll get our first look at Shane Vereen. As for the injuries, yes, they are mounting.  Let's hope we don't lose anyone else especially on the OL or secondary.  BB stockpiled the DL this year after getting really thin there last year.  Wright appears done, Pryor is done and Haynesworth has a bad back.  But let's not forget we have Deaderick and Brace available to come off the PUP after week 6.  I never heard what was wrong with those guys as they pretty much started training camp there but hopefully they were just being tucked away as insurance. Losing Chung for any period of time worries me since we are so thin at S already.  Connolly needs to stay healthy the rest of the year and once we get to Week 6, Cannon should be ready to go if needed although Waters is playing great.
    Posted by Faucetman[/QUOTE]

hi faucet, what are you going on thinking cannon will be available? havent read anything saying hes defeated it and recovered completely.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern :

" big opportunity for Ocho to step up."

said that sunday/mon
      him especially, but whoever else may makes on the field, slater, price, edelman, the backs

re sharper, few of us been chiming that for weeks.

lets see what bb comes up with.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries More Than a Secondary Concern : " big opportunity for Ocho to step up." said that sunday/mon   him especially, but whoever else may makes on the field, slater, price, edelman, the backs re sharper, few of us been chiming that for weeks. lets see what bb comes up with.
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

You have to assume that, since no one has signed Sharper yet, the consensus throughout the league is that he's done. But, the Pats' appear to be nearing the point of desperation at safety. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

The Bills have injuries as well, Roscoe Parrish, Kirk Morrison, Terrence McGee and a starting guard out.  Stevie Johnson, their best WR, playing hurt.

This more then any season because of lockout shaping up as a war of attrition.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]The Bills have injuries as well, Roscoe Parrish, Kirk Morrison, Terrence McGee and a starting guard out.  Stevie Johnson, their best WR, playing hurt. This more then any season because of lockout shaping up as a war of attrition.
    Posted by BSII[/QUOTE]

The Pats' injuries dwarf those of the Bills, thus far. Here's an exerp from an article from the Buffalo News discussing the injury situation for both teams. It comes at the end the aforementioned article, which primarily discusses Tom Brady's assault on the NFL record books: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article568320.ece 

"Bills receiver Stevie Johnson (groin), defensive end Spencer Johnson (hip) and nose tackle Torell Troup (lower back) are all listed as probable while linebacker Kirk Morrison (hamstring) is out for Sunday's game. Both Johnsons and Troup practiced fully on Friday while Morrison was limited. Cornerback Terrence McGee (hamstring) and guard Kraig Urbik (knee) were already ruled out.

Hernandez (knee) as well as right tackle Sebastian Vollmer (back) and defensive end Mike Wright (concussion) are out for the Patriots.

Listed as questionable for New England are safety Patrick Chung (hand), defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth (back), corner Ras-I Dowling (hip), linebackers Gary Guyton (hamstring) and Jerod Mayo (thigh), wide receiver Taylor Price (hamstring), center Ryan Wendell (calf) and punter Zoltan Mesko (knee). Dowling and Haynesworth did not practice on Friday while the others were limited.

The Patriots' probables are corners Kyle Arrington (concussion) and Leigh
    Bodden (hand), safety Josh Barrett (thumb) and linebacker Dane Fletcher (thumb). Arrington was limited during practice on Friday while the others participated fully."

Sections
Shortcuts