Injuries Piling Up All Over NFL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Injuries Piling Up All Over NFL

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I don't know if this is a coincidence or due to the way that camps are run now, but a lot of series injuries are occurring so far, and now games have even been played.

Mike Wallace has a pulled groin in Miami where it's probably more serious than they're letting on, Rodgers-Cromartie with a high ankle sprain in Denver and will likely miss the preseason, Patrick Willis with a broken hand and their important CB Chris Culliver with a blown out ACL, done for the year.

Stevie Johnson with a possible torn hamstring up in Buffalo.

The Dolphins are also "managing" Dusty Keller's knees in preseason.  lol

it really does seem more so this year than I can remember

yet the NFLPA put in all these practice clauses that were supposed to protect players against injury....

tell me something...I get the injury cone of silence during the year, why give another team any potential advantage. other than player privacy issues, do you see any issues with clarifying the situation with Armstead as it stands today?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

it is sad to see so many injuries happening in training camp, players done for the year without even getting to play in one game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I don't know if this is a coincidence or due to the way that camps are run now, but a lot of series injuries are occurring so far, and now games have even been played.

Mike Wallace has a pulled groin in Miami where it's probably more serious than they're letting on, Rodgers-Cromartie with a high ankle sprain in Denver and will likely miss the preseason, Patrick Willis with a broken hand and their important CB Chris Culliver with a blown out ACL, done for the year.

Stevie Johnson with a possible torn hamstring up in Buffalo.

The Dolphins are also "managing" Dusty Keller's knees in preseason.  lol

it really does seem more so this year than I can remember

yet the NFLPA put in all these practice clauses that were supposed to protect players against injury....

tell me something...I get the injury cone of silence during the year, why give another team any potential advantage. other than player privacy issues, do you see any issues with clarifying the situation with Armstead as it stands today?

[/QUOTE]

It's "code of silence". 

The injury thing is about protecting your inter-week strategies and gameplans from the opponent, but they have to announce a general injury term per NFL rules (for Vegas, essentially).

Armstead's thing is an apparent health issue/infection, not on field related. 

If you're trying to turn this into another "BB doesn't give the media enough", you're going to lose.  It's not football related and really only Armstead's business, not yours or mine at this point.

You're going to have to learn to shed the arrogance you carry around, RKrap.

[/QUOTE]

"cone of silence" was a Get Smart reference....

I am not trying to turn this into a win or lose Corky. The guy had a heart issue, and is now on NFI with an infection. the point is it is PRESEASON...there is no inter week strategy or game plan...other than player privacy, which in itself is a bad omen based on prior heart issues, what is the harm in making a statement on if the guy is ok?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Russ,

Why do you always assume the worst for other teams and the best for the pats?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't think it's any different than any other season, this stuff runs rampant every year. I remember Kijana Carter taking a hand off and blowing out his knee, what was it...a day into camp? i can't remember. The curse of training camp will strike every team sooner, or later.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

They do every year. Nothing new.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

They start hitting the gas pedal way too early. The first week should be light running and stretching and conditioning. Too little time between opening of camp and pre-season so it forces teams to practice like it was mid season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Yes, there seems to be a lot of them so far and to some pretty key players already.  I hold my breath everytime I check for injuries.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

One thing I just don't understand...you never see professional ballet dancers or other professional dancers go down with groin pulls or hamstring pulls.....why aren't pro athletes able to get into good enough shape and stretch properly so they avoid these injuries...this has always mystfied me.

Injuries happen every camp and preseason...I can remember one year when the Pats lost 3 or 4 guys for the year in their last preseason game....it was a while back, but I remember the Globe calling it "black sunday" or something like that....it happens.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One thing I just don't understand...you never see professional ballet dancers or other professional dancers go down with groin pulls or hamstring pulls.....why aren't pro athletes able to get into good enough shape and stretch properly so they avoid these injuries...this has always mystfied me.

Injuries happen every camp and preseason...I can remember one year when the Pats lost 3 or 4 guys for the year in their last preseason game....it was a while back, but I remember the Globe calling it "black sunday" or something like that....it happens.....

Garin Veris, Don Blackmon and others circa August 1986?

[/QUOTE]

Actually it was Andre Tippett, Garin Veris, and Ronnie Lippett 1989 final preseason game vs the Giants...lost starters at DL,LB,CB for the season before the 1st game ...that sucked soooo bad

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to IndyTony's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Garin Veris, Don Blackmon and others circa August 1986?

[/QUOTE]

Actually it was Andre Tippett, Garin Veris, and Ronnie Lippett 1989 final preseason game vs the Giants...lost starters at DL,LB,CB for the season before the 1st game ...that sucked soooo bad

[/QUOTE]
    MY bad ..it was against the Packers

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

"cone of silence" was a Get Smart reference....

Oh man that's funny.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Ballet dancers are in phenominal physical condition, no doubt, but consider the fact that the moves that they make are strictly choreographed. In ballet you are acting. In football you are reacting. It's the unexpected or unplanned for moves that are more likely to cause an injury.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

Russ,

Why do you always assume the worst for other teams and the best for the pats?

Because that is what fans do, assume the best for their team and the worst for all others!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ballet dancers are in phenominal physical condition, no doubt, but consider the fact that the moves that they make are strictly choreographed. In ballet you are acting. In football you are reacting. It's the unexpected or unplanned for moves that are more likely to cause an injury.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I agree completely..I played football in HS, was a down lineman and lifted all the time, especially squats...I was never a dancer but also did karate for several years for quickness and to stay limber, and karate is a sport where you react and act in equal measure...never had a strained or pulled muscle...I also swim, as does Wilfolk, and he never has a strained or pulled muscle and I bet he squats more than anyone on the team, he probably has the most muscle mass in his legs ...being mucled, conditioned and limber can be done...just ask Vince.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Actually, professional dancers suffer from a myriad of injuries...
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/10/001012074634.htm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

And the beat goes on. Wow!: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/saints-lose-joe-morgan-kenyon-coleman-for-season/

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

This may sound foolish to some but maybe players would benefit from a two week start to training camp where not only was no contact allowed but no sprints. Just learning and stretching and general conditioning. I know players do their own thing before camp but maybe that is actually not good for them as a whole (just for the smart ones).

Maybe more foolish sounding would be to have those first two weeks I mention include a significant amount of yoga... which could be used throught the year as well. It is clear that yoga has some important benefits that would reduce some of the types of injuries that are common, especially during preseason.

Sections
Shortcuts