Injuries seem to be piling up. Vollmer especially. Thoughts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Injuries seem to be piling up. Vollmer especially. Thoughts?

Vollmer's chance to play Sunday isn't looking good. The team seems to have faith in MArcus Cannon but i just dont know. This certainly worries me not having Seabass out there to protect TB.

Also Arrington, Mayo and Bolden all limited. These guys are big contributors to this team so far through the year. If these guys don't play Sunday it will def make the struggle much more difficult.

With Vereen & Danny still out for the foreseable future,  this team needs Gronk to help this offense out big time in the run blocking game and pass game.

But, then again i think back to 2003 where the team had numerous injuries and Troy Brown was playing some nickel corner. Maybe all the injuries make the team mentally stronger down the stretch and once everyone gets healthy the team will be a huge threat.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Injuries seem to be piling up. Vollmer especially. Thoughts?

sounds good just wanted to hear someones thoughts on the team and not bs stuff all over this forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew Brees is good, Aaron Rodgers is better, Peyton Manning is even better, but Tom Brady is the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

No. Precaution.  Not a high ankle sprain. He'll miss one game. No injuries "piling up". Gronk back this week.  Amendola, likley next week.

Those are my non troll thoughts.

Hate to rain on the parade, but Florio is reporting that Gronk is "Unlikely" to play this weekend.  No idea how accurate this report is, just passing it along...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

No. Precaution.  Not a high ankle sprain. He'll miss one game. No injuries "piling up". Gronk back this week.  Amendola, likley next week.

Hate to rain on the parade, but Florio is reporting that Gronk is "Unlikely" to play this weekend.  No idea how accurate this report is, just passing it along...

[/QUOTE]

for real? when did you hear this? if true this would suck because they should've just PUP'ed him at this point if he misses this week..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

for real? when did you hear this? if true this would suck because they should've just PUP'ed him at this point if he misses this week..

It is on profootballtalk.com  Again, not sure on the accuracy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

alright thanks, I'll check it out. I've heard mixed reports before on Florio's accuracy and writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drew Brees is good, Aaron Rodgers is better, Peyton Manning is even better, but Tom Brady is the best.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Florio. LOL

I know.  Profootballtalk is basically a rumor board.  I still think the odds are on Gronk playing this weekend.  Just passing along what I saw...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Florio. LOL

[/QUOTE]

he's a troll

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsGnome. Show PatsGnome's posts

I agree the injuries and bad draft selections of players who did not make the team and he who must not be named, former no. 81, are making things difficult this year.  I am already looking towards next year, hoping Brady's body and skills will not deteriorate further.

Are the Patriots going to lose T.J. Moe this off season or will they be able to keep him and have him take over Welker's position?  It is obvious Amendola is unable to do what Welker did.

~ The Gnome

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Injuries are a major part of the game today. I commented on this on cut down day. My biggest fear with this team is depth And youth. 

Vollmers lack of suitors and his ultimate signing with the pats at the $$$ agreed were a direct result of his injuries 

I like Cannon in the line up. I think if this running game is going to get untracked, Cannon needs to play more....I am liking Vollmer, Cannon, Wendell, Mankins, Solder with Connolly and Svitek getting some series to get this running game untracked. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Why did the Pats sign Leon Washington when he was injured?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Because his injury was a short time healing process

whenhealthy he is a premier KR. He can also save Edelman on PR. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

That's how I've heard it...doesn't sound like it should be a big deal over the long haul.  Like you said, it seems that we should be getting some significant pieces back soon.  Vareen shouldn't be too many more weeks down the line either.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Burger boy is always looking for a fight. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to PatsGnome's comment:

I agree the injuries and bad draft selections of players who did not make the team and he who must not be named, former no. 81, are making things difficult this year.  I am already looking towards next year, hoping Brady's body and skills will not deteriorate further.

Are the Patriots going to lose T.J. Moe this off season or will they be able to keep him and have him take over Welker's position?  It is obvious Amendola is unable to do what Welker did.

~ The Gnome

I assume you aren't really a fan.  I mean at 3-0 and you say that you are already looking forward to next year?  By the way, Amendola appeared to do just fine, taking Welker's place, in game one.  We'll see how he does, once he gets back.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Injuries hurt every team, but not all equal all of the time - it's why I HATE any talk of 18 games. 

also not thrilled with a London team or expansion. we wii probably get more playoff games, which will then make it eeven harder to win more than 1 SB

enjoy the nfl for now
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'm really not worried about the current injury situation, it's the season ending types that worry me. We are 3-0...if we were 0-3 I might not feel so positive. We should be getting all these guys back at some point - I'm trying to look on the bright side - by being out right now they at least aren't running the risk of further injury...and the team might just peak at the right time. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Save Edelman on PR"??

So, the best punt returner in NFL history is going be saved by Leon Washington?

Why do you think you can get away with this stuff?

[/QUOTE]

are you a dope or what?

Edelman has alrady taken a beating and its only been 3 games. Amendola has already missed time. If the Pats are comfortably ahead in any game, or out of reach behind in any game, yes, Edelman will not be taking the un needed wear and tear of PR hits.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Save Edelman on PR"??

[/QUOTE]

are you a dope or what?

Edelman has alrady taken a beating and its only been 3 games. Amendola has already missed time. If the Pats are comfortably ahead in any game, or out of reach behind in any game, yes, Edelman will not be taking the un needed wear and tear of PR hits.  

[/QUOTE]

while i would agree Edelman has an injury history I think it is unfair to criticize him to date, as taking a beating this year. He has not shown up on one single injury report this year. That being said he does a a track record that might lead to your premise down the road this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Save Edelman on PR"??

[/QUOTE]

are you a dope or what?

[/QUOTE]

while i would agree Edelman has an injury history I think it is unfair to criticize him to date, as taking a beating this year. He has not shown up on one single injury report this year. That being said he does a a track record that might lead to your premise down the road this year.

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is dealing with both an elbow injury and hip injury, but playing thru it. He will continue to field punts in most game situations unless the Pats are comfortably ahead or behind by so much they have no chance. 

Saying that Edelman is playing thru dings( as many are) and he is too valuable to the pats to returned punts in unimportant situations is a compliment to Edelman from where I sit, not criticism

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Save Edelman on PR"??

[/QUOTE]

are you a dope or what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Edelman is dealing with both an elbow injury and hip injury, but playing thru it. He will continue to field punts in most game situations unless the Pats are comfortably ahead or behind by so much they have no chance. 

Saying that Edelman is playing thru dings( as many are) and he is too valuable to the pats to returned punts in unimportant situations is a compliment to Edelman from where I sit, not criticism

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp every NFL player plays through dings. Edeleman has not shown up once on the injury report so again IMO it is unfair to characterize him as being beaten up after 3 games. Does he have an injury history? Yes. is it likely he will get hurt? Yes, based on his injury history. I just don't see "beating" after 3 games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Your first mistake is assuming rkarp is a Pats fan, he is not!  He is an ESPN troll looking to further the ESPN agenda of Patriot hate because the Pats won't let them in their lockerroom.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"Save Edelman on PR"??

[/QUOTE]

are you a dope or what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rkarp every NFL player plays through dings. Edeleman has not shown up once on the injury report so again IMO it is unfair to characterize him as being beaten up after 3 games. Does he have an injury history? Yes. is it likely he will get hurt? Yes, based on his injury history. I just don't see "beating" after 3 games.

[/QUOTE]

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.