Injuries

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Injuries

Has anyone heard anything about Dowling or Arrington?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Injuries

Arrington had a concussion.  Watch the replay and you'll see Matthews lower his helmet.

I don't know what's up with Dowling

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

Seemed to pick up more knocks than usual in this game.. In addition to the above, what about Mesko's injury?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurupt. Show Kurupt's posts

Mesko was reported to be probable if the punting unit went out (according to the announcers) and Mesko did hold for Gostkowski on PAT following the injury but he was limping off the field following that play

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

If defenders are no longer allowed to lead with the hemlmet, then neither should offensive players. If Arrignton had hit Matthews like that it would have been a 15 yard penalty, if he had hit Rivers like that, it would have been 15 yards and $50,000.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Arrington was knocked out cold. He looked like a dead critter on the side of the highway, legs and hands sticking up in the air like that.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Oh, that was a concussion. You see that all the time in boxing and UFC with the arms involutarily up like that. Then you see the replay and watch him take the full force of the hit on the side/back of his head. THEN, did you see him get up? He was wobbly, and looking around not quite sure where he was. Not as serious as they could be, but a definite concussion from what I saw.

Dowling was reported as a "thigh" injury at the time. Not sure if that means bruise, muscle pull, or whatever.

As usual, we'll find out on Wednesday.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Injuries:
    [QUOTE]If defenders are no longer allowed to lead with the hemlmet, then neither should offensive players. If Arrignton had hit Matthews like that it would have been a 15 yard penalty, if he had hit Rivers like that, it would have been 15 yards and $50,000.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Zip it... You sound like a baby

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries : Zip it... You sound like a baby
    Posted by maine12[/QUOTE]

How does he sound like a baby? It's only logical. What is the difference between a defensive player leading with his head, and an offensive player leading with his head? Also, when was the last time an offensive player got fined for a hit or a block on a 'defenseless' blocker? Goodell has turned this into a 2 hand touch league with the offense benefitting from it greatly. Matthews went right into the back of Arrington's helmet which clearly shook him up pretty good. If you're going to fine defensive players for that kind of a hit, fine the offensive players as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Arrington was foolish on that play, all he had to do was push Mathews out of bounds, instead, he leads with his head and gets it cracked. FOOLISH.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

It look to me like Mathew's helmit hit Arrington's shoulder......I expect to see a lot more shoulder injuries on defensive players trying to tackle without being fined.....Offensive player can lead with their head but defensive players will be fined for doing the same thing

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Arrington was foolish on that play, all he had to do was push Mathews out of bounds, instead, he leads with his head and gets it cracked. FOOLISH.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I agree with this and said the same thing when it happened.  Even though they had the game wrapped up I still expect them to play hard. But you can play hard and smart. That was not smart... he was flying in there wanting to put a big hit on him.  All he had to do was assist and push him out.

BTW, it has to be a concussion, he was down stiff for a few and when he got up he acted like he didn't know where to go.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from floridamike. Show floridamike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries : I agree with this and said the same thing when it happened.  Even though they had the game wrapped up I still expect them to play hard. But you can play hard and smart. That was not smart... he was flying in there wanting to put a big hit on him.  All he had to do was assist and push him out. BTW, it has to be a concussion, he was down stiff for a few and when he got up he acted like he didn't know where to go.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Did you guys ever play the game? Have you ever tried to tackle a running back going full steam with his head and shoulder down?

Playing soft is for losers. We want to become a feared defense. Going soft is not a way to do that. Injuries happen it's part of the game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

Is ANYONE really surprised that Dowling got hurt?  Hope it isn't serious.  BB should've had OCHO punt it after Mesko got hurt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

what happened to CHung and Hernandez?  did it look bad?  WHat's up with all of our injuries?  Every year we can't catch a break!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Yes those are the two I was concerned about ...Chung and Hernandez.  Hernandez looks (and plays) like someone, with all his talent, that just won't last.  I heard knee yesterday and cringed. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
    Lot of questions on Aaron Hernandez/injury status. Hernandez spoke with reporters after the game. Usually a good sign on the injury front

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries : Did you guys ever play the game? Have you ever tried to tackle a running back going full steam with his head and shoulder down? Playing soft is for losers. We want to become a feared defense. Going soft is not a way to do that. Injuries happen it's part of the game.
    Posted by floridamike[/QUOTE]

I played organized football many years and have even coached so it's not like i am a keyboard warrior who never played.  When young and playing without a care in the world and just playing ball that type playing was common.  When you get older you think more when you play and you realize and understand what you are doing out there.  We are talking about pro's here, they need to play smart.  That was not smart. Mayo was there pushing him out of bounds and Arrington comes flying in full speed, lowers his head and starts to turn his back so he takes the hit on the backside of the helmet to a guy who is funning full speed and getting pushed out of bounds and protecting himself.   That is not how you become a feared player, that's more like how you become an injured and prone to injuries kind of player.  Not smart football.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dam!  we are really hurting right now....cant even remember all who got n icked up..

The only real concerns I have are with Hernandez and Ras I.  we cant afford to lose those guys for long and they were both doing a lot for us.  Ras I had been on the field for 5 quarters and only been thrown at once!!!  So thats saying something when pro bowler Devin is being attacked on other side.  I think he was playing good coverage and his height has scared some qb's in throwing at him in fear if him making a play a la A.Cromratie. I think his ball skills have yet to be determined in the NfL, but he can def. cover and tackle and looks to be a great pickup. Lets hope its not serious...he does have injury history..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I read somewhere that Arrington was fine after the game, and he's lucky.  The hit on Ryan Mattews looked like it should've been a concussion at the very least for Arrington. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgreen11211. Show dgreen11211's posts

[QUOTE]If defenders are no longer allowed to lead with the hemlmet, then neither should offensive players. If Arrignton had hit Matthews like that it would have been a 15 yard penalty, if he had hit Rivers like that, it would have been 15 yards and $50,000.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Injuries : I played organized football many years and have even coached so it's not like i am a keyboard warrior who never played.  When young and playing without a care in the world and just playing ball that type playing was common.  When you get older you think more when you play and you realize and understand what you are doing out there.  We are talking about pro's here, they need to play smart.  That was not smart. Mayo was there pushing him out of bounds and Arrington comes flying in full speed, lowers his head and starts to turn his back so he takes the hit on the backside of the helmet to a guy who is funning full speed and getting pushed out of bounds and protecting himself.   That is not how you become a feared player, that's more like how you become an injured and prone to injuries kind of player.  Not smart football.
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

I also played organized football years ago and I agree that as you mature as a player there are certain things that you do that are measured and others that are instinctive.  For me (I played safety), tackling was instinctive.  I suspect that this is the way it is with many.  Yes, I've taken my share of hits as well as dished out a few.  I've also gotten hurt tackling the same way I had many times before without incident.  When bodies collide at speed and intensity a fraction of an inch either way can spell the difference between a good hard hit that gets the ball carrier's attention or one that rings your own bell. It happens.  Not sure Arrington would change anything had he to do it again. 

My 2 cents.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

FM, watch the replay, he was locked up and going out of bounds, all Arrington had to do was assist with his arms, not the back of his head/neck.

Totally unnecessary injury.

Sections
Shortcuts