Injury situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Injury situation

It's becoming a joke at the minute to be honest and it's leading me to wonder is it our turn to go through the regular season with the unenviable injury situation only to barely make the play offs and rally to a superbowl?  I don't know if any of you have noticed but it seems to be the only way the thing can be won these days, I mean when you think about it if you take out the Saints in 09 and Steelers in 08 who was the last team to have a good regular season (12-4 upwards) and win the superbowl in my opinion it was the 04 Patriot team. I'm completly lost as to why this is happening, has anyone got any ideas?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Injury situation

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

It's becoming a joke at the minute to be honest and it's leading me to wonder is it our turn to go through the regular season with the unenviable injury situation only to barely make the play offs and rally to a superbowl?  I don't know if any of you have noticed but it seems to be the only way the thing can be won these days, I mean when you think about it if you take out the Saints in 09 and Steelers in 08 who was the last team to have a good regular season (12-4 upwards) and win the superbowl in my opinion it was the 04 Patriot team. I'm completly lost as to why this is happening, has anyone got any ideas?

The Colts were 12-4 in 2006 (that year 12-4 did not get them a bye).

I do not entirely disagree, but you cannot take out 3 of the 7 teams to prove a point. The last two Super Bowl winners (Giants winning their division at 9-7 and the Packers at 10-6 making it to the playoffs on a tiebreaker) certainly did not have great regular seasons, but I do no think that two years makes a trend you can point to and say, why is this happening?

I also do not feel like the Giants and Packers main issues were injuries.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's a contact sport, unlike badminton.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

In response to danemcmenamin's comment:

The Colts were 12-4 in 2006 (that year 12-4 did not get them a bye).

I do not entirely disagree, but you cannot take out 3 of the 7 teams to prove a point. The last two Super Bowl winners (Giants winning their division at 9-7 and the Packers at 10-6 making it to the playoffs on a tiebreaker) certainly did not have great regular seasons, but I do no think that two years makes a trend you can point to and say, why is this happening?

I also do not feel like the Giants and Packers main issues were injuries.

To be honest Frnk I had forgotten the Colts record that year all I can think about when it comes to that year is that Bob Sanders came back and solidified the run D....that broken record comment! So I assumed they didn't do great. Certainly taking out the Colts makes my point moot but it does seem to happen alot more than it used to. I'm just wondering if the analyis of teams has become soo maticulous that when you get to the playoffs what works for a team in a very sucessful regular season has been seen so many times that it simply won't in the playoffs...almost like a team should devise a play-off playbook?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

To be honest I think we have been relatively healthy this year compared to past seasons. I can recall years when we put half our team on the ir before November and basically have to rebuild entire units with street free agents on the fly. Losing a guy like Dowling is not a surprise or something that is going to keep me up nights...he's done nothing on the field and really just the fact that we drafted him at all concerns me more. Hernandez worries me a bit, but he'll get two weeks off and is at least young enough to recover from his injury.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to PatsGoinDown2012's comment:

It is always good when you think that Tom Brady is only a hit away in the knee from IR or possibly retirement.  It can't happen soon enough.  Maybe this week is the week. 

You are, unquestionably, one sick puppy.  Please do yourself, and the rest of us, a favor by occupying yourself and your malignancy with some other form of self-serving entertainment.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to PatsGoinDown2012's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

To be honest I think we have been relatively healthy this year compared to past seasons. I can recall years when we put half our team on the ir before November and basically have to rebuild entire units with street free agents on the fly. Losing a guy like Dowling is not a surprise or something that is going to keep me up nights...he's done nothing on the field and really just the fact that we drafted him at all concerns me more. Hernandez worries me a bit, but he'll get two weeks off and is at least young enough to recover from his injury.

It is always good when you think that Tom Brady is only a hit away in the knee from IR or possibly retirement.  It can't happen soon enough.  Maybe this week is the week. 

dottie , scratch this guy!

Sections
Shortcuts