Injury Watch-Chris Harris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Injury Watch-Chris Harris

Significant if he misses the game.

Quentin Jammer was awful as his replacement

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Injury Watch-Chris Harris

^^^^^ lol beautiful find Russ! But seriouslyjammer blows

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Throw in old man Bailey who is a massive liability, and oh my. It is almost like Bailey is some kind of a send off for them for their fans.  He hasn't played all year.

I could not believe they had Tony Carter starting at one point this year and Jammer was a guy many wanted in here at 34 years old.

LMAO

Pats the younger, healthier (believe that or not), hungrier, more balanced on both sides of the ball and have the better coaching staff.

Healthier in the secondary yea, which is huge in a game like this.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

If Harris can´t go i can see Edelman and Amendola giving HELL to those OLD DB´s !!!!!

i´m sooooo exited... I AM GONNA BE SOOOO USELESS THIS WEEK AT WORK, HAHAHAHA

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Broncos now fear that CB Chris Harris's knee injury is serious.

Harris, a top-9 corner in PFF's grades this season, is undergoing a MRI to determine the extent of his injury. But the Denver Post is already calling the Broncos' primary slot corner doubtful for the AFC Championship Game. If Harris sits, Quentin Jammer will be forced into an outside role opposite Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie with Champ Bailey in the slot. The Broncos defense is already playing without Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Rahim Moore and Derek Wolfe. Related:  Quentin Jammer   Source:  Denver Post

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I don't ever want to see any player injured no matter for whom he plays.  That said, given what the Pats have had to deal with this year on the injury front there aren't exactly tears the size of horse turds rolling down my cheeks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Jammer is horrendous out there, he looks totally lost. Pray that Harris is ok.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

You guys are right, Last time Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson and wolfe  played good VS the patriots. And still we moved the ball well Vs them.

I see NE offense being able to score 28 - 34 pts VS Denver.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 5m

Broncos CB Chris Harris, one of Denver's top defensive players, tore his ACL and is out for season, via me and @Jeff_Legwold.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Quote Originally Posted by  Bronco51  View Post Can anything else go wrong? Champ, it's time to earn your cash buddy.

"Thats 5 or 6 starters out, i think this may be the straw that comes apart though."

Bronco fans not taking it well...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

1. Broncozoidical  Broncozoidical is online now Practice Squad Broncozoidical's Avatar  
      We are screwed now!!! I'm bummin sumtin' fierce!!! Brady and belichik will definitely exploit our secondary now ... I see nothing good coming from this ... We're really gonna need some mile high magic!
      Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
    2. Today, 10:27 AM#165 kingelway7  kingelway7 is online now Bench Warmer kingelway7's Avatar    
      Somewhere Tom Brady is smirking and giggling like a school girl. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

I'm not sure this is a factor at all.

The game plan is to run, run, and then run some more.

I read it all over the board.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

They'll have to do what the Patriots do.Next man up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

I'm not sure this is a factor at all.

The game plan is to run, run, and then run some more.

I read it all over the board.

Yes and they should. It'll set up PA passs and turtle Jammer will whiff on it and it will deep ball city if the run can be established

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Arrogant and cocky Broncos fans acting like losing their best all around CB won't matter in disrespect to Pats offense. Also, built in woe is me injury excuse when our team has been battered far worse.

What a delusional moron:

"This has been a brutal season for injuries. This may actually trump 2008 when we lost every starting RB. Should make it all that much more sweet. Once we make it past the Patsies, the NFC passing offenses are quite inept. So we should still be okay."

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?228406-Chris-Harris-jr/page11

From the Denver Post:

The second person has my same suggestion with Carter in the middle, not Bailey:

Print    Email   NFL Chris Harris injury: Broncos cornerback out for playoffs with torn ACL By Mike Klis
    The Denver Post
    POSTED:   01/13/2014 10:16:16 AM MST 8 COMMENTS |  UPDATED:   ABOUT 2 HOURS AGO

The Broncos will have to play the AFC championship game Sunday without starting cornerback Chris Harris. A magnetic resonance imaging exam Monday morning confirmed the team's fears: Harris has a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee, according to two NFL sources.

That means the Broncos must play without one of their most valuable defensive players against the New England Patriots in the AFC championship game — and Super Bowl XLVIII on Feb. 2 in New Jersey, if the Broncos win Sunday.

The Broncos have lost several starters to injury this season, including Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Kevin Vickerson, Rahim Moore and Derek Wolfe. The team has overcome those injuries mainly because it has been able to keep quarterback Peyton Manning healthy.

But Harris will be especially difficult to replace. Or did you not see the fourth quarter of the Broncos' 24-17 AFC second-round playoff victory Sunday against the San Diego Chargers?

Harris suffered the injury well away from the ball. With 8:17 remaining in the third quarter, Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers completed a 19-yard pass to Keenan Allen along the San Diego sideline as Harris was covering his man on the other side of the field. Harris limped off after that play and did not return.

It was no coincidence Rivers got hot after Harris left. Rivers led the Chargers to 17 points in the fourth quarter, twice throwing touchdown passes to Allen. And only a third-and-17 conversion by Manning on a 21-yard pass to Julius Thomas with 3:06 remaining allowed the Broncos to retain possession and eventually run out the clock.

A rusty Quentin Jammer replaced Harris on the outside Sunday, but the Broncos could also consider moving Champ Bailey from nickel to the outside corner and insert rookie Kayvon Webster into the nickel.

Broncos CB Chris Harris 2013 The Broncos' Chris Harris injured his left knee in a playoff game against the Chargers on Sunday. ( Tim Rasmussen, Denver Post file)

Or, they could keep Bailey inside and give Jammer or Tony Carter another shot at outside coverage.

A restricted free agent after this season, Harris was certain to receive the highest-possible tender from the Broncos. The first-round tender paid $2.879 million last year and figures to go up this year. Undrafted out of Kansas, Harris received a meager $2,000 signing bonus to join the Broncos as a college free agent in 2011. A case can be made the team has never made a better $2,000 investment.

Although he doesn't have terrific speed, Harris' physical play, outstanding technique and competitiveness quickly earned him a spot as the Broncos' nickelback.

Last season, and for most of this season, Harris would start on the outside cornerback position, then move back in to play the nickel on passing downs. Harris had developed into one of the top five nickelbacks in the league until the final two games of the season, when he was moved permanently to the outside corner while Bailey returned from a nagging foot injury to play the nickel.

Print    Email    Return to Top   MOST POPULAR DAY HOUR NEWS SPORTS BIZ A&E EMAIL LIFE

TAKE ACTION

Like this article?   Recommend it ( 0 rec's)    all reader-recommended news

Login |  Sign Up |  Email Support Article Comments (8)

Is your comment not appearing on the article? READ THIS.

You must be registered to comment (your comment will be saved for you while you register). It's quick (it takes about 30 seconds) and we only require your email and name. Comments that include any offensive material are prohibited. By using our site you agree to our terms of use.

» View all this article's 8 comments

Add a comment:

1. Use the "Report Abuse" link when necessary (you don't have to be a member, or be logged in)
    2. Keep it clean and respect others — don't use language you wouldn't use with your parents
    3. Read the Post's Article Commenting Ground Rules here (link will open in a new window)

NEWEST FIRSTOLDEST FIRSTTOGGLE:

Read more: Chris Harris injury: Broncos cornerback out for playoffs with torn ACL - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24901253/chris-harris-injury-broncos-cornerback-out-playoffs-torn-acl#ixzz2qIkuDuMe 
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse 
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Talib off and on.. Verren, GRONK,  Dobson? Vollmer starting tackle. The bronco fans or media nobody feels bad for you. The pats have been hit hard by injuries too.

Sections
Shortcuts