Inquring About Trading Up to # 12!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

Inquring About Trading Up to # 12!!!!!!!!!!

NFL Network's Albert Breer reports that the Patriots have reached out to the Seahawks about the availability of the No. 12 pick.

Specifically, Breer reported that New England asked "what it would take to get to 12." The Pats have the ammo with two first-round picks and five selections in the top 93. They have nothing after the fourth round, however. NFL Network's Stacey Dales has reported that New England is strongly interested in Syracuse DE Chandler Jones, and he may be their target in any potential move up.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Inquring About Trading Up to # 12!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that too, wonder what they would have to give up? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

I was wondering the same. I would love to have him and still draft Jenkins and Harrison.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

It's Barron were going after. 

Has to be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from leonardo0110. Show leonardo0110's posts

In Response to Re: Inquring About Trading Up to # 12!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I heard that too, wonder what they would have to give up? 
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

they'll probably have to give up #27 and #48 to move up to that spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

[QUOTE]It's Barron were going after.  Has to be. 
    Posted by mrbungle[/QUOTE]

I don't believe it.....but your exactly right in that it would be for Barron. Jones is a big reach at 12. He's a second rounder but lately everyone's got a pants tent over him.

I'm OK if they pursue Barron.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

I hope it doesn't happen. Too much to give up for Jones and getting Smith without losing picks, instead of Barron, isn't a big downgrade imo. DON'T DO IT!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLY2K. Show FLY2K's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Inquring About Trading Up to # 12!!!!!!!!!! : I don't believe it.....but your exactly right in that it would be for Barron. Jones is a big reach at 12. He's a second rounder but lately everyone's got a pants tent over him. I'm OK if they pursue Barron.
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE

I THINKING PAIRING HIM WITH CHUNG WOULD BE NICE, BIG BOOST FOR THE SECONDARY..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

If Jones is anything like his older brother Jon, I'd like that pick. Great family to pick from and a low risk pick given the strong work ethic of the family. Yeah, I'm biased cause I'm a huge MMA fan and Bones Jones is a beast but still.

Article on Yahoo claims that he's shot up the charts on the back of great interviews.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

What it would possibly take:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Is Jones worth both Smith and McCl, or similar?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Is Jones supposed to go that high?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Barron is not even the best safety on his own college team. Much like my educated guess was that Ingram would not be better than Richardson; I think Lester could be a better player than Barron. Again both benefit from playing on the best D in the country. For #12 I expect Barron to be an Ed Reed redux. Is that likely ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

What are the chances the Pats are trying to rattle another team to panic and jump up in the draft and grab someone like Barron which in return get's that team out of the way of the player they want at the end of the first round?

Head Games??

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's worth noting that it's not uncommon to simply inquire. It's a fairly simple question. Then factor in this:

Seattle holds information about as well as a sieve holds water.

Look at the teams drafting behind them. If anyone inquired to them, I doubt you'd hear about it.

That being said, if the Pats make a move up I will be very happy, they don't miss in the top 2/3rds; Seymour (6), Warren (13), Mayo (10), Solder (17), Wilfork (21), Graham (21), Maroney (21)....errrr, disregard that last one. I liked Graham, never quite the pass catcher he was expected to be, but I was satisfied with what he gave them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

[QUOTE]What are the chances the Pats are trying to rattle another team to panic and jump up in the draft and grab someone like Barron which in return get's that team out of the way of the player they want at the end of the first round? Head Games??
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting[/QUOTE]

I think you've got it, it's like inviting Tebow out to dinner in the North End.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think it's worth bearing in mind that with the rookie cap the way teams value picks has changed.  It's possible BB is just trying to gather information so that he is equipped to deal with this new landscape in anticipation of trades of any kind.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Quality gamesmanship by BB. Tananboob will now trade 3 or 4 picks to get that spot.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]What it would possibly take: http://www.nesn.com/2012/04/nfl-draft-live-blog-colts-prepare-to-select-andrew-luck-patriots-may-look-to-deal-in-first-round.html
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

This source has a mock posted this morning, and has the Pats standing....Pat and taking Jones. Not that it's worth a whole lot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's worth bearing in mind that with the rookie cap the way teams value picks has changed.  It's possible BB is just trying to gather information so that he is equipped to deal with this new landscape in anticipation of trades of any kind.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Excellent point. It's no longer an issue of dollars, only draft picks.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

Every GM makes those calls all over the board - doesn't mean they actually pull the trigger. If they move that far up, I think it would be for a sliding Cox. Dallas/Philly would grab Cox if he were available, but might trade for less if both he and Barron were gone.
    You have to be sure to trade that much capital because not only does it affect the rest of this year, but it also kills your chance of improving next years draft as well. The only guy I see at the 7-12 range that is that far ahead of another player at the same position is Cox.
    The other option is Barron, but I just have a hard time seeing the value for that much draft capital.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I doubt Cox or Ingram would still be available at # 12 but if they were then I would be all for moving up to get one of them, that would be outstanding.  And if it just happened to be for Jones or Brockers or Barron then I would be more then thrilled with moving up for one of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts