Integrity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Integrity

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

in·teg·ri·ty inˈtegritē/ noun noun: integrity 1.

the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness

When Christian Peter was selected by the Pats, a community uproar ensued and that was that.  Peter never played a game for New England.

When Hernendez was charged with murder, "The Patriot Way" was declared dead, by many, a myth by others.

Here we are in 2014.  The Pats have decided that a guy who is suspended for the first four games for cheating is a viable option and then they interview a career criminal to fill the hole in the receiving corps.

As we laugh at the Raiders for considering Incognito, knowing that they've been employing scumbags forever, are the Patriots that far behind?  (Don't forget jailbird Dennard,  and recently departed Quickdraw Talib.)

When I sport the Patriot logo on a hat, shirt or hoodie, I wear it with pride.  It's getting more difficult with this parade of losers.  As the team looks past the quality of individual and solely at winning, does it bother you?  It bothers me.

Yeah, that doesn't happen. If you had any "Integrity" you wouldn't be wearing a Patriot logo as you're most likely another bitter jets fan.

Good luck with Vick this year buddy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

It's no surprise here. The way the pats handled the Hern situation really bothered me...the thought of Britt coming here also rubbed me the wrong way

Kraft and BB both disappointed in how they handled and what they did and did not say about Hern. To then bring in Britt IMO is a slap in the face to the community

Yell

How do you feel about your jets signing vick? You must be really disgusted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

in·teg·ri·ty inˈtegritē/ noun noun: integrity 1.

the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness

When Christian Peter was selected by the Pats, a community uproar ensued and that was that.  Peter never played a game for New England.

When Hernendez was charged with murder, "The Patriot Way" was declared dead, by many, a myth by others.

Here we are in 2014.  The Pats have decided that a guy who is suspended for the first four games for cheating is a viable option and then they interview a career criminal to fill the hole in the receiving corps.

As we laugh at the Raiders for considering Incognito, knowing that they've been employing scumbags forever, are the Patriots that far behind?  (Don't forget jailbird Dennard,  and recently departed Quickdraw Talib.)

When I sport the Patriot logo on a hat, shirt or hoodie, I wear it with pride.  It's getting more difficult with this parade of losers.  As the team looks past the quality of individual and solely at winning, does it bother you?  It bothers me.

Seems to me you'd be happier rooting for a team that posesses the qualities you admire. This is The National Football League we're talking about here. Good luck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

well I live in North Carolina-now what do you think?

Is carrying a gun something cool?  I'd prefer not to do so.  However, here in South Florida, leaving the house without my G19 Gen4 just doesn't happen.

Honesty?  guy with a gun kinda peaks my imagination. There are many really nice indoor ranges here.  Does Florida have them?

if I may ask how and why does a guy with a gun peak your imagination?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

ok thanks- he mentioned guns so I thought he would know the four rules of ownership -responsible ownership-so he throws something out there to deflect the question.  I'll admit I'm testing him

Actually, I added in a pop culture reference as I tend to do for a bit of comedy around such a serious topic as...football.

At least someone got it.

As for my gun ownership, here are my four rules:

Always keep them loaded.

Always have the safety off.

Always shoot center mass.

Always buy ammo when it's on sale.

Reload. That's better then a sale.  2sounds that you can tell with your eyes closed. The action of a pump shotgun and the squeak of a brass pole.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Is carrying a gun something cool?  I'd prefer not to do so.  However, here in South Florida, leaving the house without my G19 Gen4 just doesn't happen.

Honesty?  guy with a gun kinda peaks my imagination. There are many really nice indoor ranges here.  Does Florida have them?

always armed and ready-

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

No one' character is pure as snow. And the future is unwritten. 

We all have choices to make each day that define us. Often these choices are difficult: sobriety, infidelity, helping neighbors and those in need or not to etc. It is difficult for any one or any team to absolutely know what someone will do in the future yet it is those future choices that will define the individual or the team. 

That said, we must always make the best choice even if it we do not directly benefit from it. We cannot knowingly choose murderers to be on our team but we must always be open to allow others to turn the corner in their life and do the right thing. It is fair to give others new chances to change if we honestly think we can provide the enviornment for them to change in. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

ok thanks- he mentioned guns so I thought he would know the four rules of ownership -responsible ownership-so he throws something out there to deflect the question.  I'll admit I'm testing him

Actually, I added in a pop culture reference as I tend to do for a bit of comedy around such a serious topic as...football.

At least someone got it.

As for my gun ownership, here are my four rules:

Always keep them loaded.

Always have the safety off.

Always shoot center mass.

Always buy ammo when it's on sale.

ok buying ammo at walmart is the best deal- but stand in line

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

and you did get # 1 right. almost

NEGAME.... Those are the rules. Are you packing ????

not little ol me-----

I did not think so, especially if you live in the Northeast.

If you said South Carolina, I 'd would say "YEP"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yeah, that doesn't happen. If you had any "Integrity" you wouldn't be wearing a Patriot logo as you're most likely another bitter jets fan.

Yes.  You figured me out.  The jig is up.  I'm a Jets fan.

My cover is blown.

This is a picture of me.  I'm the one on the left.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Once again we have the character issues versus genuine legal problems. Character issues or conduct detrimental to the team is slightly more tolerable than any serious felonies or misdemeanors committed. The reclamation projects should generally be confined to the malcontents or small misdemeanors. I have no qualms with BB taking some player off a team when chronically complains about being mired in losing situations over which he has no control. Player that assaults anyone without provocation (and believe me some are provoked) tends to be the more expensive option in the long or short term. Reclamations I have no trouble with, recidivism is something I believe most institutions and employers will not tolerate as it is both costly to the employer and potentially the subject of civil litigation after criminal proceedings fail (straight outta Compensation). Thus the financially prudent thing to do, when assessing a player would be, to do due diligence before making any financial commitments. I am not talking about breaking team rules or being vilified by the media or the nocturnal recreational habits of the grey-spotted herbivore in the Pacific northwest.

One malcontent reclamation project is easy to undertake. Taking on a boatload of felons for shipment to the NFL league office is another matter.  Most players probably fall under rough and ready to play a physical brand of football anyway, stay physical on the field of play. Dudes in football aren't there to discuss world politics or perpetuate a peaceful detente; they are there playing a violent game. The violent behavior should not stray off the field and when it does there should be some personal accountability. Or the team could always sever its ties to the player completely.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Or at least that was last weeks' summation of The Jerry Springer Show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Or at least that was last weeks' summation of The Jerry Springer Show.

LOL...good one!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Yes.  You figured me out.  The jig is up.  I'm a Jets fan.

My cover is blown.

This is a picture of me.  I'm the one on the left.

anyone ever tell you u look like Ray Romano?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

always armed and ready-

uh huh

Sections
Shortcuts