Interesting Blog Post on Pats Football Weekly about Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Interesting Blog Post on Pats Football Weekly about Brady

Probably nothing to this, but I agree with the Pats blogger that the comment about Brady having 2 years left on his contract is odd.  Whether this so-called source is real close to Brady or just an acquaintance, it was odd to mention this in the context of the question.  Maybe some of the posts I've read in this forum about Brady having other interests and hanging it up after his contract aren't so far-fetched after all.  I don't think you can give too much weight to this, but it is an interesting article.  Apparently the Pats blogger feels the same way.  Here is the link: http://blog.pfwonline.com/ Here is the article:

Written by Andy Hart on May 18, 2009 – 11:39 am - 

I was doing my usual Sunday morning ritual of drinking coffee and reading the paper when I came across an interesting note on page 2 of the Parade Magazine. The very first reader question in the Personality Parade was about Tom Brady. See the question and rather strange answer from wrister Walter Scott is cut and pasted below:

Q How has the New England Patriots’ Tom Brady been doing since his September knee injury?—F.D. Gillespie, Evansville, Ind.

A “Tom’s rehab is coming along well,” says a close associate of the quarterback. “He’s got two years left on his contract and fully intends to return this season.” Brady currently works out six hours a day, four days a week, with the Pats at their training facility near Boston. Come July, he’ll have three weeks off—time enough for a second honeymoon with bride Gisele Bündchen—before preseason training begins in earnest.

I really found the quote rather weird. In particular the part about Brady having two years left on his contract and fully intending to return this season. The source of the quote is obviously unknown. Could be anyone. Since the voice in question described as a “close associate of the quarterback” it would lead you to think its someone from his family or through his business side of things.  I just don’t understand why someone talking about Brady’s health would bring up the number of years left on his contract. He’s working out six hours a day, four days a week. That’s great news. Why the part about the contract and his “intending” to return this season? Just felt weird to me.

Did anyone else read this? What do fans make of it? Give us your thoughts with a comment below."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from max2157. Show max2157's posts

Re: Interesting Blog Post on Pats Football Weekly about Brady

May be far fetched but perhaps they are saying Brady isn't one of those guys who is kicking his own rear and gearing up for a big season only because it's a contract year. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Pats are known to low ball their players.  Maybe he is preparing for negotiations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I think the Patriots should overspend!  I am sure they would be more successful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Oh golly, a quote from a "close associate" of Brady in Parade Magazine.

Stop the presses!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

Pats are known to low ball their players.  Maybe he is preparing for negotiations.
    Posted by underdogg
    I guess that's why we can't sign any free agents LOL. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. We don't hemorage defensive players leaving every year like your two bit organization. Just worry about keeping the lights on in Lucas otherwise Irsay will be lining up the Mayflower trucks like his father.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Oh golly, a quote from a "close associate" of Brady in Parade Magazine. Stop the presses!
    Posted by prairiemike

Are you saying Marilyn Vos Savant isn't really "of the learned"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

This thread Smells a little trollie.

Sections
Shortcuts