interesting look at roster projections

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: interesting look at roster projections

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to ATJ's comment:

Agree with pcmIV re: TEs; respectfully disagree with rkarp on A. Wilson. I just can't see this guy getting cut unless he truly doesn't have much left.  Otherwise I think that's a pretty fair projection at this point.  May see a few additions once other teams make their cuts.

Just my view.

I seriously was going to compliment him on his first non trollish infused post in over 2 months, but then he dropped in the "BB cuts Adrian Wilson" statement and I am not only speecheless, but it's seriously one of the sneakier posts he's put forth here because of how good the rest of the logic was elsewhere in the anaylsis, even if obvious analysis.

You simply have to watch the sneakiness of these trolls. It can be one word or even a short phrase they try to sneak in there.

I disrespectfully disagree with RKrap on Adrian Wilson and call his post absolute troll work once again.

why did I know you would say this?

first of all, this was a post by ne pats.com not me...clink the blue link and it takes you to he article. I simply put it up for conversation.

I also dont agree with all the selections, and I also think more players will be added. I also think AWilson WILL MAKE the team. I think it comes down to Ebner, Huron and Gregory as to who doesnt.

I dont think Jones is medically cleared yet (will find out shortly) so he may start the year on IR....I also think Stallworth is back

I think Hooma does make the team, Cunningham makes the team, Bequette dos not

just to be clear, I do think AWilson does make the team. If he is cut, with the way you drooled over him and were all "giddy" with "BB laying in the weeds"...you should be banned for the season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

I seriously was going to compliment him on his first non trollish infused post in over 2 months, but then he dropped in the "BB cuts Adrian Wilson" statement and I am not only speecheless, but it's seriously one of the sneakier posts he's put forth here because of how good the rest of the logic was elsewhere in the anaylsis, even if obvious analysis.

You simply have to watch the sneakiness of these trolls. It can be one word or even a short phrase they try to sneak in there.

I disrespectfully disagree with RKrap on Adrian Wilson and call his post absolute troll work once again.

rkarp C&P'd the OP. He didnt author it

www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/05/2013-patriots-roster-projection-draft-picks-find-their-fits.html

so rkarp is the new Ron Borges a plagarizer??!!

dummy, I never said these were my roster selections (I dont agree with a dozen of them)...

open the blue highlite link and it takes you to the article

you always come on the board and make snide remarks. I cant ever recall you saying anything of substance about the Pats? DO you have a thought? ARe you capable of a thought? Care to post a thought on the roster, or are you afraid you will show your ingnorance on the topic? numbnuts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

rkarp C&P'd the OP. He didnt author it

www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2013/05/2013-patriots-roster-projection-draft-picks-find-their-fits.html

or simply open up the bue link in the post, it takes you to the article...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

dummy, I never said these were my roster selections (I dont agree with a dozen of them)...the new board does not allow linking so I C&P'd the article...it was meant a a conversation post

you always come on the board and make snide remarks. I cant ever recall you saying anything of substance about the Pats? DO you have a thought? ARe you capable of a thought? Care to post a thought on the roster, or are you afraid you will show your ingnorance on the topic? numbnuts

[/QUOTE]

"dummy" you never gave credit to the original source of the info either, not that hard to do. And  before you try to attack me over a humurous comment, go back and read some of my threads or posts. I come here for all Pats stuff but dont live my life here like you and several others. Starting to think Rusty been right about you all along....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Rkarp, I don't think you're a troll and think the orginal post was a good one, but you really should be more clear when you're posting an article that someone else wrote.  You did this with those JetsCap articles you were posting too . . . never clearly attributing the material to the source. It leads to a lot of confusion. 

Everyone should follow this rule, actually.  When you take something from some other source, specifically state that you are doing so.  A link in the text isn't enough to make the attribution clear. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree. Rkarp should know this since he is supposedly a professional media guy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

obviously my mistake based on the comments..my bad for the past 15 years thinking a highlited link takes one to the source

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Rkarp, I don't think you're a troll and think the orginal post was a good one, but you really should be more clear when you're posting an article that someone else wrote.  You did this with those JetsCap articles you were posting too . . . never clearly attributing the material to the source. It leads to a lot of confusion. 

Everyone should follow this rule, actually.  When you take something from some other source, specifically state that you are doing so.  A link in the text isn't enough to make the attribution clear. 

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

obviously my mistake based on the comments..my bad for the past 15 years thinking a highlited link takes one to the source

Sounds just like Borges when he got caught!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Rkarp, I ask this in all seriousness... Based on most of your post the underlying theme of them always seem to have a tenor that gives the impression that the Patriot organization or BB has done something to you personally. I may be way off on this but it just seems that regardless of what they do it isn't enough or it's just not good enough. Again, I am not trying to incite you or slam you for criticizing the Pat's because they make their share of mistakes but it just seems it may be personal with you.

no problem with you asking

just a fan, who works in a business that has had a birds eye view of the org for over 30 years (23 years family owned busines, going on 7 years national company)

love the sport, Pats are my favorite team, I have taken contracted jobs from the family business mostly around New England and New York, but as far South as Pitts and West as Cleveland. Have had the opportunity to meet many, many behind the scenes people, and some players in front of the camera, making other teams fun to follow because I have liked certain players (Eli is most likely my favorite player as he is the nicest)

during the season, I am all Pats. Off Season, I had been taking minor league baseball assigments, but did not last year and this year(cutting back as I am in my early 50's)..so I have had more time to follow off season moves.

I am not a rose colored glasses fan. I dont think the org is with out issues. my biggest issue is roster management of personel, not managing cap$$. I havent liked the draft maneuvers, (not the players chosen) the philosophy of moving down the board for value. I peed my pants when they moved up last year and the proof is in the pudding. I simply feel there comes a point when moving down for more choices means deciding if Huron or Ebner makes the team as the 5th Safety, or if Boyce makes the team as the 6th WR, when the team left a first round pick behind.

Ditto free agency . I was the only one last year finding the free agent decisions abysmal. This year I did like the signing of our own, and I have high hope for Kelly. Wilson, Jones, Washington, Jenkins...meh.

I am also not enjoying seeing many of my young colleagues struggle to cover the team, no matter how hard they work, because the team has zero regard for the media. Most fans dont care, I happen to care.

I am not a Jets fan, although I do like many of their players. I do think the Jets will win 6 games this year and bring up the rear of the division. I dont see the Pats running the table in the division, and see the Phins winning 9 games. I think the PAts offense is in for a tougher time than any of us can recall, and I still see the same deficincies in the defense that have been there going on 4 years.   

I enjoy the forum, usually have fun with it. Of course, as with everyone else, this Rusty dude being a moron doesnt make for much fun, and this Quagmire guy is also aggravating.

Arent you glad you asked?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Sounds just like Borges when he got caught!

hahahaha! very funny joke!

are you capable of any football thoughts? or like your avatar, are you here as an annoyance?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Won't paste in the post, rkarp, but found it helpful in terms of understanding where you're coming from.  Appreciate jri37 posing the question as well.  Although I don't share your views in some areas, rkarp, I do respect the context in which they are formed.  As for me, I'm just a long time Pats fan who appreciates where the franchise stands and how competitive the team is now and has been since Robert Kraft became the owner.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Won't paste in the post, rkarp, but found it helpful in terms of understanding where you're coming from.  Appreciate jri37 posing the question as well.  Although I don't share your views in some areas, rkarp, I do respect the context in which they are formed.  As for me, I'm just a long time Pats fan who appreciates where the franchise stands and how competitive the team is now and has been since Robert Kraft became the owner.

I respect that ATJ. Just like I respect the opinion of 98% of the posters here. Myself, I want more SB's. The owner wants more SB's. The coach wants more SB's. If a player doesnt want more SB's, they will not be a player on this team. I respect and admire the consistant winning the team has attained. No other team has attained that success.  But I for one am not ready to sit back and appreciate winning 10-13 games and not the SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

RB: You have to cut either Blount or Bolden and add a TE (Hoo-Man), BB brought in Blount to compete with Bolden.

OT - Cut one because Cannon will back up both OT and OG. 

DT - Marcus Foston will be in a serious competition with both Kyle Love and Deadrick and Armstead will be competing for a spot as well. I can only see the Pats carrying 4 DTs, I seriously doubt they'll carry 5. 

DE - Cunningham, Vega and Bequette are competing for a spot, but I doubt Bequette can beat out Cunningham. Cunningham isn't a great DE, but he gets the benefit of having played asnaps last season. He's the favorite to win the spot, but Abraham would make all this competition void. 

LB - No way they cut Fletcher, if he can make an impact on the field as a cover LB, he'll stay. I still think they want to use Collins as a pass rusher more than a cover LB. We have a need at rush, we can find a cover LB in the draft. 

CB - Logan Ryan is here for Ras-I's spot, Cole is making the team. He's a good ST player and BB won't cut him. He's like Slater, against a number 4 or 5 WR he can get the job done. Against Boldin? No. 

S - Cut Steven Gregory, he has the same position as Tavon Wilson, but the Pats won't cut Tavon because it means admitting that he was a waste of a pick. Add Tarpinian or White, whichever comes cheapest in my opinion. 

So....

QB (2): Brady, Mallet

RB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Blount*, Washington

WR (6): Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Jones, Boyce, Slater

TE (4): Gronkowski, Hernandez, Ballard and Hoomanawanui

OT (3): Solder, Vollmer, Svitek

OG (3): Mankins, Connolly, Cannon

C (2): Wendell, McDonald

DT (5): Wilfork, Kelly, Love, Forston, Armstead*

DE (5): Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Cunningham*, Buchannon

OLB (4): Mayo, Hightower, Tarpinian, Beauharnais 

MLB (2): Spikes, Fletcher

CB (5): Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

S (4): McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon

ST (3): Gostkowski, Mesko, Aiken

The Ministry of Defense! Jerod MayoBrandon SpikesDont'a Hightower

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I have to add Collins and cut two more guys, gonna be a tough camp. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

RB: You have to cut either Blount or Bolden and add a TE (Hoo-Man), BB brought in Blount to compete with Bolden.

I agree, but I am not sure that Blount is the answer. Will be good to see for ourselves in camp

OT - Cut one because Cannon will back up both OT and OG. 

I think Cannon is on the fence and if he plays as poorly as he did last camp, he may be a surprise cut

DT - Marcus Foston will be in a serious competition with both Kyle Love and Deadrick and Armstead will be competing for a spot as well. I can only see the Pats carrying 4 DTs, I seriously doubt they'll carry 5. 

Agree on Fortson. I Think Deadrick has more upside than Lovie and is more versatile. Lovie could be on the fence. Not sure Armstead is a DT, might see him more on the edge in sub packages

DE - Cunningham, Vega and Bequette are competing for a spot, but I doubt Bequette can beat out Cunningham. Cunningham isn't a great DE, but he gets the benefit of having played asnaps last season. He's the favorite to win the spot, but Abraham would make all this competition void. 

I really liked Cunningham pre suspension. I dont think Abraham is coming. Wonder what happened with Bequette, could the team mis scout him so badly? 

LB - No way they cut Fletcher, if he can make an impact on the field as a cover LB, he'll stay. I still think they want to use Collins as a pass rusher more than a cover LB. We have a need at rush, we can find a cover LB in the draft. 

Agree on Fletcher if he hasnt lost a step. Also agree on Collins. Year one mostly a sub edge rusher

CB - Logan Ryan is here for Ras-I's spot, Cole is making the team. He's a good ST player and BB won't cut him. He's like Slater, against a number 4 or 5 WR he can get the job done. Against Boldin? No. 

This is where it gets tricky. I think Ras is actually the best CB on the team, he just cant stay on the field. I also think Talib is one and done. I agree Cole makes the team. Do they carry 6?

S - Cut Steven Gregory, he has the same position as Tavon Wilson, but the Pats won't cut Tavon because it means admitting that he was a waste of a pick. Add Tarpinian or White, whichever comes cheapest in my opinion. 

Seemingly Gregory, Huron or Ebner wont make the team

So....

QB (2): Brady, Mallet

RB (4): Ridley, Vereen, Blount*, Washington

WR (6): Amendola, Dobson, Edelman, Jones, Boyce, Slater

TE (4): Gronkowski, Hernandez, Ballard and Hoomanawanui

OT (3): Solder, Vollmer, Svitek

OG (3): Mankins, Connolly, Cannon

C (2): Wendell, McDonald

DT (5): Wilfork, Kelly, Love, Forston, Armstead*

DE (5): Jones, Ninkovich, Francis, Cunningham*, Buchannon

OLB (4): Mayo, Hightower, Tarpinian, Beauharnais 

MLB (2): Spikes, Fletcher

CB (5): Talib, Dennard, Arrington, Ryan, Cole

S (4): McCourty, A. Wilson, T. Wilson, Harmon

ST (3): Gostkowski, Mesko, Aiken

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Mike Kafka

Running Back (4): Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Brandon Bolden, LeGarrette Blount

Fullback (2): Aaron Hernandez, Michael Huey

Wide Receiver (6): Aaron Dobson, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Josh Boyce, TJ Moe, Matthew Slater, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones

Tight End (3): Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Daniel Fells

Offensive Tackle (3): Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Markus Zusevics, Will SviteK

Guard (3): Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon, Josh Klein, Chris McDonald

Center (2): Ryan Wendell, Nick McDonald, Matt Stankiewitch

Defensive Line (6): Vince WilforkTommy Kelly, Armond Armstead, Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick, Justin Francis, Marcus Forston

Outside Linebacker (5): Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Jamie Collins, Jermaine Cunningham, Jake Bequette, Jason Vega, Michael Buchanan

Inside Linebacker (4): Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dont’a Hightower, Dane Fletcher, Steve Beauharnais, Jeff Tarpinian

Cornerback (5): Aqib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Ras Dowling, Logan Ryan, Marquice Cole

Safety (5): Adrian Wilson, Devin McCourty, Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner, Steve Gregory

Specialist (3): Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, Danny Aiken, Ryan Allen

Starters in blue, cuts in red, though I like the prospects of Michael Buchanan, Steve Beauharnais, Marcus Fortson, Josh Klein, Chris McDonald and Ryan Allen I think BB knows he can hide them on the practice squad.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Ryan Mallett, Mike Kafka

Running Back (4): Stevan Ridley, Shane Vereen, Leon Washington, Brandon Bolden, LeGarrette Blount

Fullback (2): Aaron Hernandez, Michael Huey

Wide Receiver (6): Aaron Dobson, Danny Amendola, Julian Edelman, Josh Boyce, TJ Moe, Matthew Slater, Michael Jenkins, Donald Jones

Tight End (3): Rob Gronkowski, Jake Ballard, Daniel Fells

Offensive Tackle (3): Nate Solder, Sebastian Vollmer, Markus Zusevics, Will SviteK

Guard (3): Logan Mankins, Dan Connolly, Marcus Cannon, Josh Klein, Chris McDonald

Center (2): Ryan Wendell, Nick McDonald, Matt Stankiewitch

Defensive Line (6): Vince WilforkTommy Kelly, Armond Armstead, Kyle Love, Brandon Deaderick, Justin Francis, Marcus Forston

Outside Linebacker (5): Chandler Jones, Rob Ninkovich, Jamie Collins, Jermaine Cunningham, Jake Bequette, Jason Vega, Michael Buchanan

Inside Linebacker (4): Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, Dont’a Hightower, Dane Fletcher, Steve Beauharnais, Jeff Tarpinian

Cornerback (5): Aqib Talib, Alfonzo Dennard, Kyle Arrington, Ras Dowling, Logan Ryan, Marquice Cole

Safety (5): Adrian Wilson, Devin McCourty, Tavon Wilson, Duron Harmon, Nate Ebner, Steve Gregory

Specialist (3): Stephen Gostkowski, Zoltan Mesko, Danny Aiken, Ryan Allen

Starters in blue, cuts in red, though I like the prospects of Michael Buchanan, Steve Beauharnais, Marcus Fortson, Josh Klein, Chris McDonald and Ryan Allen I think BB knows he can hide them on the practice squad.

Wozzy,

I am still nervous about that DL with Vince and Kelly up in age, and Lovie and Deadrick FA after this year. Do you think Lovie could be on the fence? He didnt start the end of last year, injury or poor play?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

I have to add Collins and cut two more guys, gonna be a tough camp. 

Tougher later when other teams start cutting good, tempting talent too

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Wozzy,

I am still nervous about that DL with Vince and Kelly up in age, and Lovie and Deadrick FA after this year. Do you think Lovie could be on the fence? He didnt start the end of last year, injury or poor play?

[/QUOTE]

Funny you ask that, the biggest struggle I had on my list was keeping Love.  I view him like Green-Ellis, decent but BB might think he can get more production from another UDFA or free agent.  I have to think if they sign Abraham that either he or Deaderick are goners.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Wozzy,

Funny you ask that, the biggest struggle I had on my list was keeping Love.  I view him like Green-Ellis, decent but BB might think he can get more production from another UDFA or free agent.  I have to think if they sign Abraham that either he or Deaderick are goners.

[/QUOTE]

I have heard it mentioned a few times that they think Deadrick is going to be the better player, just when will he. I think the key is Armstead. Is he stout enough to play inside.

More reason to be at camp and watch the Oklahoma drills this summer.

Sections
Shortcuts