2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

In Response to Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]MikeReiss   Mike Reiss   Interesting factoid on Pats' offense in second half: Of 19 snaps, 15 have come with no RBs on the field. All 3 WR/2 TE. I am not the biggest fan of the spread or O'Brien's lack of using our RB's. However, we won the game in the 2nd half  and this is something I really didn't notice during the actual game. I think not putting a consistent RB in the game makes us predictable, but sometimes when your that good passing the ball you have to go with what works best for you. What do you guys think?
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you said here. I think we are predictable...we just don't care. I just hope it works in the post season this time, because it never has before.

I don't like the idea that other teams will be able to slow down our one dimensional offense for a half at a time, which appears to happen often. With that said I don't think anybody in the AFC will beat us this year, so I think we go to the SB where our one dimensional offense needs to be good enough to beat GB/N.O's one dimensional offense!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]In response to "Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss": This simply didn't happen. They came out in the second half with an empty backfield and completed 14 of 15 passes. 
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

I agree completely that the no huddle sparked the offense in the 2nd half, completely acceptable against the Dolphins in the regular season, I'd like to hope it will work in the playoffs but recent history says no.  

Doesn't take away the obvious fact that the offense looked AND HAS ALWAYS LOOKED BETTER when they split the load between the backs and the QB.  I don't care about the chicken or the egg argument, O'Brien needs to figure it out sooner than later because a solid well rounded playoff team won't let us dig our way out of a near 3 touchdown halftime deficit.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]True Champ, If Brady is under center with a lead back, I can almost guarantee we score more than 0 points in the first half against a quality defense in 3 weeks. Freediro's post couldn't be any more innaccruate. Not using a consistent RB is a positive? How about this?  We're LUCKY our desperation spread worked in time! The only smart move was using a lead back (Ridley) and not subbing backs as much. Plopping BJGE on the field for an obligatory and predictable run from the 3 yard line was pathetic as was the 3rd and 1 shotgun pass incompletion to Welker. We'll go as far as the intelligence of BB/O'Brien and Brady before and DURING games calling plays.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You know I agree with you King, but the fact remains that BB and coaching staff obviously feel Brady in a shotgun for most of the game without a back gives them the best chance to win, it is the base offense. I don't think it will work but hold on to the hope that this is finally the year we can win with the run game as an after thought.

I think with better run commitment, we would move the ball more efficiently/have less stalled drives and even score more points in the end, while simultaneously helping our under manned defense stay off the field and get rest, but what the hejj do I know?

Here is to Brady and the spread because it is obvious that we will be falling back on it at the 1st sign of adversity, just like we've been doing since 2007. You know it, I know it, but more importantly "They" know it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Predictability will kill us in the playoffs, but, is BB setting this up on purpose?  Isn't he known for coming up with surprises?
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

No...poor OL play is the thing that could kill the Pats in the play-offs.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]MikeReiss   Mike Reiss   Interesting factoid on Pats' offense in second half: Of 19 snaps, 15 have come with no RBs on the field. All 3 WR/2 TE. I am not the biggest fan of the spread or O'Brien's lack of using our RB's. However, we won the game in the 2nd half  and this is something I really didn't notice during the actual game. I think not putting a consistent RB in the game makes us predictable, but sometimes when your that good passing the ball you have to go with what works best for you. What do you guys think?
    Posted by freediro[/QUOTE]

But not having an RB there tells the world that you're going to pass.

In the Pats scheme they might as well put a guard in the backfield because more often than not, he's only there to block anyhow.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]True Champ, If Brady is under center with a lead back, I can almost guarantee we score more than 0 points in the first half against a quality defense in 3 weeks. ....
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

we may eventually see this, but only against certain teams. trutch is, there only are a handful of teams who can stop the empty backfield spread. possibly, the pats only meet one of them in the playoffs. if that's the case then for most teams the spread will be the way to beat them.

during the den game, the pbp announcer actually commented that den should know that pats will run when tb is under c, with one back. pats do run practically everytime they have that formation. it seems that the entire league knows that pats will run when tb is under c.

well, i can't believe that bb is not that dumb. i think he's shown that he is one of the shrewdest of all coaches. so, what if this predictability is all a setup for what they will do in the playoffs?

what if they pass instead?

i think the problem against pit was that they did not have receivers wide out when tb was under c. pit then loaded up the middle with 8-9 people. what if the pats widen the field by having a receiver on one (still have two TEs and welker) or both sides (one TE or perhaps hern could like do crazy things)? tb could pass or run the ball.