Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

Rusty, you do realize that three of Ridley's five gains of five yards or more came when he was running out of shotgun formations? The first five yard gain in the third quarter Brady was under center and the 18 yard gain at the end of the game (when Ridley ran out of bounds) was also under center.  The remainder of the big gains (7 yards, 16 yards, and 5 yards) were out of the shotgun. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]Truechamp, If we were to lose this postseason prior to a possible SB appearance, do you think it will be rooted in the offensive flaws or the defensive flaws?
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You couldn't possibly know that until the game is played. If we lose 62-59, I'd have to blame the defense.

If we have another colossal offensive failure like we have had the past 3 post season games then...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : Brady blew the lead against Buffalo.  Not debatable there.  The D did give up twp late TDs aftr losing Spikes and Chung, but Brady threw 2 INTs earlier on drives in the game that allowed NY to score or come back as well. I expect more from my 20 million dollar QB than Tracy White or Sergio Brown.  Pretty simple stuff here, professor. It's speaks volumes that you'd rather complain about back up players who aren't meant to be on the field than your best player underperforming in those losses. Very telling why you ignore what really happened and why the D was gassed or in trouble late, with borderline PI calls aiding those drives.

Why would you say either weren't supposed to be on the field? This is the core of how our team is supposed to be built. This is the make up of value - it's why we don't spend big on free agents or move up in the draft - so we can be solid through and through, because that's the reasoning behind being fiscally responsible. When a guy goes down there's not supposed to be a big (if any drop off), because the guy that starts is not a huge money/high resource guy.

This is the way YOU said it's supposed to be done. Now you're whining about our back ups not being capable? When you don't spend big or draft high, those back ups had better be able to step up, because they're supposed to be a cut above other teams back ups. They should be able to win games for you - you shouldn't have to relay on Brady every single week to bail out a sub standard defense or a mediocre running back.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Prolate, The only time that subbing crap works in the shotgun is against bad Ds or Ds that play zone. THAT IS IT.

Another whopper from Burger King . . . 

This is just crazy talk, Rusty . . . they score 30 points a game subbing guys in and out of shotgun formations against all sorts of defenses.  The reason they don't leave Ridley or BJGE in all the time is neither of them is as good in the passing game as Woodhead, and with Brady and Welker (and also Gronk and Herandez) this team is going to be a passing team first.  Maybe if Ridley proves effective in the passing game, they'll leave him in more.  But if he doesn't, you're going to continue to see Woodhead (or Faulk) subbed in on many downs. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

We get it King you hate Bill O"brien and Brady and all the problems with the team come from them. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

King calling people names! You are nothing but a troll now and I hope you do get banned again and then you can go cry about it!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Right, but based on what you've seen this year, just choose one. You know my answer.  I know this D will take on the challenge, probably be improved and better with a healthy Spikes and Chung, come playoff time. They'll battle. They'll make some big plays.  They're tough. They'll play together and rally and keep the score to 20 points or under. On offense, I don't have this confidence due to the style of the base offense we seem to want to run more often than not and I have literally 5 postseasons since 2005 to prove it. I know you want to agree with me, but you can't seem to do it. lol

Your asking me to agree with something that has not happened yet. Let me ask you this. Is there any conceivable scenario where you would actually blame the defense for the loss?

I'm just asking because you seem to have an agenda here and I hate agendas. We have agreed for the last 2 years that our offense is not as perfect as many here seem to think. I don't blame Tom Brady for that, I blame the raping of our coaching staff and BB's failure to find an O.C that challenges our offense.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : Did you watch Saturday's game? Did you just call me crazy and then not again tell us you read the drive chart from the first half? Are you sitting with Phat Rext today Prolate?  My god. This is about as bad you looked in the union debates. We score 30 points per game? Is this when our D creates a fumble and INT to set our offense up or not? LOL! Our offense scored 16 points oin their own in the Jets game when our offsens did SQUAT for an entire 1st half. Shall I expose you more on these facts or are you willing to back down with the arrogance? The only "whopper" here is your logic.  Really, really bad logic. Go look at how NE scored it's 35 points in the CHargers game in Week 2, the 2nd Jets game, or this past week's game. LOL THE D SET UP THE MAJORITY OF THOSE POINTS AND CHANGED THE GAME. Even when the D wasn't great, they still triggered these wins.

Rusty, you gotta lay off the egg nog cause you're just not making any sense.  Now you seem to be arguing that our offense only scores when the defense sets it up.  That's patently false . . . this offense mounts long drives all the time. The defense makes some stops, but it also gives up long drives all the time.  It gave up three 80+ drives on Saturday resulting in 21 points for Miami. I don't know what your point is about the Chargers, but the offense scored touchdowns four times on drives of 92, 99, 61, and 80 yards--drives that long aren't "set up by the defense." The D meanwhile gave up three touchdowns on drives of 80, 64, and 80 yards and those can't be blamed on the offense.  What's your point? 

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts