Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

In response to "Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : No dumber than wanting the Pats to stick with a running game that doesn't win them games. Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE] Actually , it was about a hundred times dumber...

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]Just so we can see actually what happened: New England Patriots at 4:36 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 21 N.Solder reported in as eligible. T.Brady sacked at NE 17 for -4 yards (J.Taylor).     2nd and 14 at NE 17 (Shotgun) D.Woodhead left guard to NE 21 for 4 yards (J.Odrick).     3rd and 10 at NE 21 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to W.Welker.     4th and 10 at NE 21 Z.Mesko punts 55 yards to MIA 24, Center-D.Aiken. D.Bess to MIA 37 for 13 yards (R.Ninkovich).     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 3, NE 0, 3 plays, 0 yards, 1:28 elapsed New England Patriots at 2:13 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 10 T.Brady pass incomplete short left to S.Ridley.     2nd and 10 at NE 10 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to A.Hernandez to NE 25 for 15 yards (K.Dansby).     1st and 10 at NE 25 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to A.Hernandez.     2nd and 10 at NE 25 (No Huddle, Shotgun) D.Woodhead left tackle to NE 29 for 4 yards (K.Dansby).     3rd and 6 at NE 29 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to W.Welker.     4th and 6 at NE 29 Z.Mesko punts 64 yards to MIA 7, Center-D.Aiken. D.Bess MUFFS catch, and recovers at MIA 6. D.Bess to MIA 18 for 12 yards (D.Aiken).     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 3, NE 0, 5 plays, 19 yards, 1:07 elapsed New England Patriots at 13:45 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 25 B.Green-Ellis right guard to NE 28 for 3 yards (K.Burnett).     2nd and 7 at NE 28 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass short middle to R.Gronkowski to NE 34 for 6 yards (Y.Bell).     3rd and 1 at NE 34 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to W.Welker (S.Smith).     4th and 1 at NE 34 Z.Mesko punts 55 yards to MIA 11, Center-D.Aiken, downed by NE-R.Ventrone.     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 10, NE 0, 3 plays, 19 yards, 1:21 elapsed New England Patriots at 6:31 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 39 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to D.Branch.     2nd and 10 at NE 39 (No Huddle) S.Ridley up the middle to NE 41 for 2 yards (K.Burnett; T.McDaniel).     3rd and 8 at NE 41 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short left to W.Welker.     4th and 13 at NE 36 Z.Mesko punts 51 yards to MIA 13, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by D.Bess.     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 17, NE 0, 3 plays, 2 yards, 1:00 elapsed New England Patriots at 3:57 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 28 T.Brady scrambles up the middle to NE 29 for 1 yard (K.Dansby).     2nd and 9 at NE 29 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short middle to A.Hernandez [R.Starks].     3rd and 9 at NE 29 (Shotgun) T.Brady sacked at NE 26 for -3 yards (C.Wake).     4th and 12 at NE 26 Z.Mesko punts 46 yards to MIA 28, Center-D.Aiken, fair catch by D.Bess.     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 17, NE 0, 3 plays, -2 yards, 1:12 elapsed New England Patriots at 0:48 MIA NWE 1st and 10 at NE 18 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to R.Gronkowski to NE 27 for 9 yards (K.Burnett).     2nd and 1 at NE 27 (No Huddle, Shotgun) T.Brady pass incomplete short right to R.Gronkowski.     3rd and 1 at NE 27 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short right to W.Welker to NE 31 for 4 yards (Y.Bell).       Timeout #2 by NE at 00:20.     1st and 10 at NE 31 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass deep left to D.Branch to MIA 38 for 31 yards (T.Culver).       Timeout #3 by NE at 00:12.     1st and 10 at MIA 38 (Shotgun) T.Brady pass short left to R.Gronkowski pushed ob at MIA 32 for 6 yards (K.Burnett).     2nd and 4 at MIA 32 S.Gostkowski 51 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Left, Center-D.Aiken, Holder-Z.Mesko.     DRIVE TOTALS: MIA 17, NE 0, 6 plays, 50 yards, 0:45 elapsed HORRENDOUS!!!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

Thanks Rusty.

This chart demonstrates two things:

1) The running game was not faltering.  The passing game was.  People who look at total rushing yards and YPC don't get it.

2) They should be running Ridley early in the game.  Then run Woodhead and Benny when the D is getting tired after the half.

Every time the Pats have put an honest effort into establishing the running game early, they have looked very good.  Every time they have relied heavily on the passing game to get things going, they have had to play catch-up.  Why are so many people missing this?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

I try to leave football things up to Bill and Tom. But, if they did text me during a game for advise I'd say keep Tom out from under the center as much as possible and run the ball once every 5 plays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]For the same reason that some miss that the passing game is the Pats' strenght?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Read the chart again.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : Umm, they've been capable since that Giants game.  I just know they aren't my starters or know they can play better (McCourty). "Rely on Brady"?? How stupid are you?  I don't want them to rely on Brady so much! Are you seriously this stupid?  Seriously, where did you go to college?  Answer that question. I am serious. I'd love to know just how on earth you graduated. Pitt loses Polamalu in 2009 and they go 8-8 and miss the playoffs. We lose two key starters since the end of the Giants game, coincidentally with two late TD rives aided well by questionable PI calls, and you want to discount those facts and Brady tossing 2 god awful INTS in that game? I love how you continue to scramble to deflect like a god awful state assigned traffic court attorney and act like you have some sort of leverage on this topic.  LOL YES, I KNOW MY BACK UPS AREN"T STARTERS ON D AND EXPCT MORE FROM MY LOADED OFFENSE. DUH. Keep making a fool of yourself, Hurlie.  You have quite a nerve showing your mug on these threads when week after week the NE offense in the first half is GOD AWFUL. You enjoy the D creating two turnovers so our offense could finally do something on Saturday, Hurlie? LOL You like those 1 mintue drives, do ya, Hurlie?   How are the Jets looking these days? Nice drafts from Tannenboob, huh?  LMAO Do you think the fans were booing the offense at home for the second game in a row by accident? Hmm?
    God you are a pure thoroughbred lunatic - top of the line - nothing better.. How in the blue hell can you not see that this defense is what is wrong here? The way this defense stops people is when a QB under throws a ball, a running back slips, there's a center to QB poor exchange. This is not playoff caliber defense, this is us playing against teams that are NOT playoff caliber. Simple.

You know what you need to do, go ask mom if she put a little something extra in the eggnog while she had you in the womb. Or ask her this...Mom, did you leave me out on the front porch on New Years when I was an infant (Eskimo like)? It's ok mom you can tell me...please I need to know!!

I'm not saying this offense is perfect, it's not. The reason we have to sub backs into the offense every other play is that we don't have a guy that can stay out on the field in every situation. You think your bud Benny is an every down back? Laughable. This guy can't even catch a two yard pass. You think he's going to be an every down back when all he can run is dives and off tackles? You can't do a toss sweep with him, or a delayed hand off or draw...he's too slow. Woodhead is too small, and Ridley is just a rookie. This is part of the reason the offense is so predictable - the defense knows what we are doing based off of who we bring in - not going to change until one of the rookies takes over.

Despite all this Brady wins and the offense moves right along at a record pace, bailing out this defense every single week. Get over it, you are wrong and have been for some time. You'll soon be banned or remove your account when all your ridiculous posts expose you for what you are...a lying fraud:)  It's just a matter of time...the clock is ticking Rusty..tick,tick,tick.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : God you are a pure thoroughbred lunatic - top of the line - nothing better.. How in the blue hell can you not see that this defense is what is wrong here? The way this defense stops people is when a QB under throws a ball, a running back slips, there's a center to QB poor exchange. This is not playoff caliber defense, this is us playing against teams that are NOT playoff caliber. Simple. You know what you need to do, go ask mom if she put a little something extra in the eggnog while she had you in the womb. Or ask her this...Mom, did you leave me out on the front porch on New Years when I was an infant (Eskimo like)? It's ok mom you can tell me...please I need to know!! I'm not saying this offense is perfect, it's not. The reason we have to sub backs into the offense every other play is that we don't have a guy that can stay out on the field in every situation. You think your bud Benny is an every down back? Laughable. This guy can't even catch a two yard pass. You think he's going to be an every down back when all he can run is dives and off tackles? You can't do a toss sweep with him, or a delayed hand off or draw...he's too slow. Woodhead is too small, and Ridley is just a rookie. This is part of the reason the offense is so predictable - the defense knows what we are doing based off of who we bring in - not going to change until one of the rookies takes over. Despite all this Brady wins and the offense moves right along at a record pace, bailing out this defense every single week. Get over it, you are wrong and have been for some time. You'll soon be banned or remove your account when all your ridiculous posts expose you for what you are...a lying fraud:)  It's just a matter of time...the clock is ticking Rusty..tick,tick,tick.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I skimmed to the bottom of your response (not big on reading personal insults).  I thought the Pats played poorly on D and O in the beginnning of the Miami game.  But it was the D that gave the O short fields.  All the O gave up to that point was 3-and-outs, forcing the D back on the field without enough time to catch wind nor for the coaches to work with the D players to scheme a way out of trouble.  

It was only when Wilfork fell on that fumble and gave the O a short field did the momentum turn around.  

Who bailed who?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE] I don't trust Brady/O'Brien during games.  They have no earned my belief in them.

I'm sure this keeps Bill & Tom up at night

LOL

"they have no earned my belief in them"

LOL

The sleep they must lose over this

LOL

Why do you waste your time with us morons King? You should be on the NFL network. They gave Al Breer a spot, why not you???

If only BB would read some of your posts, you would finally get that phone call asking for some help in righting the ship. This awful pass first unbalanced ship that with BB/TB at the helm claims 8x Divisional champions, 4x AFC Champions, 3x SB Champions

They REALLY need some guidance on how the game needs to be played. It's amazing either of them still gets a check

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : I don't remember it ever being that cold. Foxboro isn't right on the water so that helps a lot. Wasn't the coldest game ever there that playoff game against Tennessee?

'66, it is much warmer near the coast than inland.  Because of the Gulf Stream. That's why it doesn't often snow on beach.  Two of the 10 coldest NFL games all-time have been played at Foxboro.  

Would help for you to stick to facts.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : It's jumbled.

I don't think so.  Brady was 3/13 at one point in the first half.  Exactly how was the passing game setting up the run?

They were getting some running yards in the first half, even when not using Ridely, who would be my choice to start the running game.  Not great yards, but serviceable.  But amounted to nothing because the 4-yard runs would be bracketed with two incomplete passes, for a 3-and-out.

Read the chart.  Stop making arguments based on fluff and making excuses that you can't bother to read the chart because it is too confusing to you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The Pats need to start playing in the first half, not the second. In the playoffs, that may not work against a good team