Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss

In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss:
    [QUOTE]I bet Rusty hates that the offense will score 500 points again this year.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

No, he'll just tell us the defense really scored all those points.  And if the defense gives up points, it's all the offense's fault because the offense isn't keeping the defense off the field enough (poor defeners are being run ragged by Brady and O'Brien's arrogant refusal to run the ball).  

No wonder Rusty picked that avatar . . . he's always trying to sell us whoppers. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares how many points a team scores in the regular season? Are you a Vikings or Colts fan?   Total points scored over 16 games, in a bloated NFL offensive era, won't win you a SB. Pretty simple concept for knowledgeable fans.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I thought you were one of the guys claiming that when it comes to defense only points matter, not yards or anything else.  So now we're supposed to believe that points matter only on defense.  On offense they won't buy you a cup of coffee?  Man, you're the Salvador Dali of football analysts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]What? You're making my point for me. Right now, the Saints D is no better than NE's D. Nor is GB's. The difference is both Brees and Rodgers are playing better than Brady every week over 4 qtrs. Absolute fact. Our D has flaws and so does NOs and GBs.  GB just gave up 126 yards at the half, at home, to a non Cutler led Bears squad with two practice squad RBs. I warned of GB's AWFUL run D 2 months ago pointing to how teams could beat them, yet all the media has done is bash Belichick's supposed "worst D in the NFL" all year, so rubes like yourself just take the bait. You;re a complete fool for taking the bait.   GB cannot stop the run and is WORSE than our D. NOs D is nothing special and also has run D issues, but holds in the red zone like ours does. They gave up 470 yards to Atlanta last night.   Remember how the pinkies here all get dramatic when our D does that?  LMAO If Brady can up his play and just somewhat consistent, that helps our D. Absolute fact. Read the drive chart from the first half and explain how that is a good thing for this team. We'll await your explanation.

SIDEBAR: Today on the NFL Heath Evans said Brees is a better QB than Brady.  He should know.  He played the game with both QBs.  Last night, Brees looked like a better QB to me.  More consistent throughout the game.  Didn't see a lot of passes thrown into the turf, like Brady has been throwing regularly for the past few seasons.

Brady seems to be the #3 QB in the NFL right now, but if they had a ranking for QBs who operate on hot/cold extremes...

Don't get me wrong, I like Brady.  But I am not one of these blinkered Brady-worshippers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : SIDEBAR: Today on the NFL Heath Evans said Brees is a better QB than Brady.  He should know.  He played the game with both QBs.  Last night, Brees looked like a better QB to me.  More consistent throughout the game.  Didn't see a lot of passes thrown into the turf, like Brady has been throwing regularly for the past few seasons. Brady seems to be the #3 QB in the NFL right now, but if they had a ranking for QBs who operate on hot/cold extremes... Don't get me wrong, I like Brady.  But I am not one of these blinkered Brady-worshippers.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Brees also threw two interceptions and had a few bounce off defenders' hands.  This isn't to say he's worse than Brady, it's just that he's not perfect either.  And Brees has a lot more weapons around him than Brady has as I pointed out above.  The biggest problem with our offense is that it's really limited in weapons. Almost all of Brady's passes are to just four guys.  On most good passing teams, the ball is getting spread to six or seven.  That's a significant difference, because it makes defenses have to prepare for more variation in skills and techniques.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : It's a messageboard. I am neither not proud or proud over any opinion of mine or the fact I have to embarrass someone who is belligerent, arrogant or dumb in Week 3 or Week 16 on this topic. It's not a contest nor is it a competition to try to expose other fans, but this is getting ridiculous. Josef Goebbels is applauding the irrationals in hell right now. I am actually not an a-- at all.  You don't know me.  I readily admit I have no patience for arrogance, arrogance or belligerence from Pats fans. The reason the discussion continues is because their ilk will simply not admit this problems stems with the offense, even after another week of proof of it. These boards should come with IQ and maturity tests to weed out the riff raff that completely ruin the what would normally be intelligent discussions. All the irrationals had to do is admit TWO MONTHS ago that we have serious fundamental problem on offense on this team.  They simply refuse to do it. We now see Prolate trying to tell us that NOs has more talent on offense than NE.  We saw the same spin with the GB comparison but when you really look at the names on the roster and how they're used, the only differences are the OCs and the QBs. Sean Payton is better than Bill O'Brien. RIghtnow, Drew Brees is better than Ton Brady. And I can guarantee you that both O'Brien and Brady would and hopefully SHOULD admit that. The irrationals have never done it. They can't even do it when our offense doesn't cross the 50 on 6 straight drives at home against Miami! You can't make this up. You tell us, "GM Bill". PatsFanSince1996 is Babe Parilli. I don't create different board names to ruin the board. I've been following this team for 30 years. My family has been supporting the team in a small financial way for more than 30 years.  YOu will not find a more loyal, passionate Boston fan than myself. I've been to MANY a road game for each the Pats, Bruins and Red Sox for over a decade. I have the right to complain or cheer my team.  Some of you are going to look awfully dumb for no respecting my opinions or anyone who agrees with my opinions, especially tied to the premise that hasn't left this board the entire year, and has carried over since last January's playoff loss, coincidentally the one time we changed how we ran OUR OFFENSE. YOU don't comment much within the discussion because you aren't secure with your own opinion. That's fine But, don't lecture me when I state my case VERY CLEARLY and SUCCINCTLY, with a litany of evidence to support it, and then talk down to me.  You look ridiculous admitting you have no spine to form your own opinion and then say you;d like to learn from others. Please don't compare me to a troll again, either.
    I'm sorry, but did you actually write this?

I have the right to complain or cheer my team.  Some of you are going to look awfully dumb for no respecting my opinions or anyone who agrees with my opinions, especially tied to the premise that hasn't left this board the entire year, and has carried over since last January's playoff loss, coincidentally the one time we changed how we ran OUR OFFENSE.

We are going to look dumb for NOT respecting your opinion? We'd agree with you, but then we would be morons. For a good laugh someone should start a thread with some of your classic posts - kind of like a greatest hits compilation - it would be as painful to watch as Dick Clark counting down from ten. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : SIDEBAR: Today on the NFL Heath Evans said Brees is a better QB than Brady.  He should know.  He played the game with both QBs.  Last night, Brees looked like a better QB to me.  More consistent throughout the game.  Didn't see a lot of passes thrown into the turf, like Brady has been throwing regularly for the past few seasons. Brady seems to be the #3 QB in the NFL right now, but if they had a ranking for QBs who operate on hot/cold extremes... Don't get me wrong, I like Brady.  But I am not one of these blinkered Brady-worshippers.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

no, but you take heath evans word for things.  You must be a heath evans ball washer

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I guess BB is a "Brady ballwasher" too and isn't "knowledgeable" since the offensive philsophy hasn't changed now for multiple seasons.  Funny how the people willing to throw out this insult towards other posters do not bring the implication of their argument to its full conclusion...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Does anyone actually know which team Rusty roots for?  I've asked him ten time in the past three months but he never responds.  Since he Hates TB so much I'm thinking it's either GB or NO, but if he was a fan of them he'd probably admit it, so maybe SD, and he knows he'd get hammered on this board if he brought up Cry me a Rivers...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Well nothing as long as you say it nicely

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I wonder what Rusty thought when Brees disappeared in the 3rd and 4th quarter, was he screaming at the TV for him to play 4 quarters?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]No wonder Rusty picked that avatar . . . he's always trying to sell us whoppers. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

LMFAO !!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : It's disturbing. Some here think Brady is fantastic when he isn't.    

Wow, man.  When you said you sold drugs for a living, I wasn't thinking acid . . .

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting Stat from Mike Reiss : It's disturbing. Some here think Brady is fantastic when he isn't.     Our offense did not cross the the 50 yard line until 25 second left in the first half on Sunday which is flat out pathetic . Then, we see inbreds like Mt. Hurl pretending that happening in Week 16 or signs of that happening all season ling is a plus for the team heading into the playoffs. Mt. Hurl and his boyfriends won't be here if we drop the divisional round playoff game after our offense only puts out 14-17 points at home. Actually, maybe they will. They've managed to act like the offense is good for 4 qtrs every week all year anyway, refusing to admit 30 minutes of inept first halves is a disaster in the making. They're like a science exhibit that never ends.

It took awhile but I've figured it out...you're a drug addict - not a drug rep. What do you dip into? The perks, vikes? I can see you now - sweat pouring out of you - the smell of stale beer and pizza boxes lingering through mom's basement (it's payback to her isn't it? lack of milk at birth and all).

Listen, clear your head (if at all possible) and try to reach back into that decaying memory of yours...Last year (a couple of weeks from now) you talked crap to everybody about how we were going to steam roll the Jets. When our defense couldn't lay a finger on Mark Sanchez and we lost - you disapeared. All your Jet friends came around here looking for you, you were nowhere to be found. Davesdone spent two weeks chasing them off this board.

I'll tell you what, if Brady is the reason for a playoff loss this year I'll gladly admit it (no problem at all), but if the defense coughs up another pop tart, I'm going to tell it like it is as well. I'm not too concerned about Brady...the defense? Yikes.