Interesting stuff from Belichick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Interesting stuff from Belichick

Saw his postgame presser last night and I've said this all offseason: Hoody seems different.

He was asked about the Chargers receivers making tough catches (or something like that) and he said "we can't stop that. We can just compete and that's all we can do. But we can't stop it." Usually, he would say something like "we gotta coach better and do a better job. Starts with me."

He was also asked about the precision offense they're running and he said "we actually expect to play good football around here. Not sure if other teams do it that way but yeah, we expect to score, we expect to stop people, we expect to do well in the kicking game."

Random stuff but I hear a different Hoody and I don't know what that means.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Interesting stuff from Belichick

I'd agree, he effusively lauded Drew Bledsoe, which was a classy move, and some of his answers were less robot-like than usual.  Maybe he is starting to think about his Boston legacy a bit. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hoody is in his golden years and I think he is putting it in perspective.

I told someone early on that Billicheck is checking off his bucket list now w/ the chad signing and becoming more loose knowing his career is winding down, but make no mistake he aint going anywhere yet.  I think his Goal is 5 rings as a head coach!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Interesting stuff from Belichick:
    [QUOTE]I'd agree, he effusively lauded Drew Bledsoe, which was a classy move, and some of his answers were less robot-like than usual.  Maybe he is starting to think about his Boston legacy a bit. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Yes, yes. That too. It was funny hearing him say, "I know the NFL is like a multi-bazillion dollar business today but it's people like Morris that really laid the foundation."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

BB never criticizes any one in public. He is a great manager of people. His handling of Welker when he recited his "TOE POEM" on Blowhard Ryan was wrong. He should have extended Welker's contract

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Apparently he revealed that they generally coach the team to play well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

BB actually answered a direct question with a direct answer during his PC.  When asked if his decision to go for it on 4th and 4 was based on Mesko's health.  He said, and I quote verbatum, 'Yes.'

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]This is nothing new, if you ask Bill the right question he will always answer it and give you some insight. The problem is most of the time these media types ask dumb questions that they know he wont answer like "Are you worried about Ocho" of course he is not answering that question. But ask him about a punter or about his game plan or something and he is great.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

True but I don't know, he seems different still.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]This is nothing new, if you ask Bill the right question he will always answer it and give you some insight. The problem is most of the time these media types ask dumb questions that they know he wont answer like "Are you worried about Ocho" of course he is not answering that question. But ask him about a punter or about his game plan or something and he is great.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you guys, but I kind of miss all those "How do you feel . . . "  questions we used to get when "diversity" first started taking over the sidlines and the press conferences.

Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Is he different or do you have a different perspective after seeing the BB life film?Just saying if you saw that and then you have to see him in a different light than what you did before.
    This is because you now know factual things  not media driven things you did not know before.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Is he different or do you have a different perspective after seeing the BB life film?Just saying if you saw that and then you have to see him in a different light than what you did before. This is because you now know factual things  not media driven things you did not know before.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

Nope, he's different. I said it even before training camp started because I watch all his pressers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I thought it was crazy that he admitted the fourth and four attempt was due to Mesko's injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was crazy that he admitted the fourth and four attempt was due to Mesko's injury.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Whether or not it's crazy to admit it or not, it's a baffling coaching decision. I'd be willing to bet you there are guys on this forum who could knock it down inside the 20 from midfield.

When I saw that call, it looked to me just like the call against Indy two years ago. Belichick was admitting his defense couldn't stop the Chargers. The only way to win was to keep the ball. Of course, that turned out not to be true, as San Dago was kind enough to give it back . . .   but still and all, I thought it was a curious decision.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from memery26. Show memery26's posts

I am praying that his cheerier demeanor is directly related to his confidence in this team. 

It's too early for him to worry about his legacy. At least, I can't handle it if it's true. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting stuff from Belichick : Hmm. I haven't noticed this. Maybe Linda Holliday started extending her repetoire in the bedroom. hehe
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Your comment is boorish, coarse, and ill-mannered.  Certainly not up to your usual standards. 

The esteem with which you have previously been held on this board, just took a big hit.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

I don't hear a different hoodie based on those two sentences. 

Everyone was down on the DBs in yesterday's game despite good coverage. Yes, that's right, they had decent coverage against some great throws. Rivers took chances too and got the balls in spots where only his guys could get them. 

I think BB was satisfied with the DB play overall, and he was simply pointing out that you compete on every play and sometimes if the QB is laser accurate there just isn't a way to stop it. Nothing unusual about that even for BB. He's said things like that before. 

I think generally the media and fan concensus was that the DB play was awful, but BB sees it for what it was and was willing to put in what you might call a complement to the DBs. He does that from time to time when the media starts going overboard in negativity on the team. 

He does stand up for the guys from time to time. Remember stats are for losers, final score is for winners when the media was going after Moss after he got shut down?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Interesting stuff from Belichick : Many feel it's the other way around.  I think it was taking a gamble on a play you knew could work and running out the clock because your punter went down. Also, if Brady or Gostkowski punts it and messes up?  Then, everyone is whining about that. Worthy risk, I just hated the playcall and the low throw.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I've always felt that in that situation (4th and 4), the best thing to do is either:

a) run the ball (because no one is expecting you to), or,
    b) throw the ball 15 yards down field (because no one is expecting you to)

The entire defense is geared up to stop the short throw, and in yesterday's case, the DE made a good play and tipped the ball. Better to use the element of surprise, especially since Brady was deadly with those intermediate routes to Gronk and Branch.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Interesting stuff from Belichick:
    [QUOTE]Saw his postgame presser last night and I've said this all offseason: Hoody seems different. He was asked about the Chargers receivers making tough catches (or something like that) and he said "we can't stop that. We can just compete and that's all we can do. But we can't stop it." Usually, he would say something like "we gotta coach better and do a better job. Starts with me." He was also asked about the precision offense they're running and he said "we actually expect to play good football around here. Not sure if other teams do it that way but yeah, we expect to score, we expect to stop people, we expect to do well in the kicking game." Random stuff but I hear a different Hoody and I don't know what that means.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Maybe we was giving credit to their offense, which is pretty good. In a way he's right, how can our 5'9 DBs out muscle and out jump 6'2+ WRS and TEs?

But, our defense had 4 take aways and a goal line stand and SD was still coming back for more.

As for our offense, I don't see any team this season keeping us from scoring more that 30 points a game.

Any team that wants to beat NE is gonna have to score more points.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

I think the Hood is brimming with confidence for the 2011 team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]BB never criticizes any one in public. He is a great manager of people. His handling of Welker when he recited his "TOE POEM" on Blowhard Ryan was wrong. He should have extended Welker's contract
    Posted by TSWFAN[/QUOTE]

Given his association with the Naval Academy (through his Dad's coaching career), he seems to follow a basic Navy (and probably all-military) military tenent - "Priase in public, admonish in private." 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from toocool9090. Show toocool9090's posts

Has anyone else noticed that our injury reports are more elaborate now.

A few years ago the Koppen injury would be known as a "Lower Body Injury".