Interesting Take from a National Reporter

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

Re: Interesting Take from a National Reporter

In response to jri37's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-s-one-constant--bill-belichick--tom-brady-winning-together-with-the-patriots.html

It will be interseting to get both BB and TB's input after they are both retired.

It is a fascinating dynamic. At this point, no one will ever know what their careers would be like seperately...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--nfl-s-one-constant--bill-belichick--tom-brady-winning-together-with-the-patriots.html

It will be interseting to get both BB and TB's input after they are both retired.

It is a fascinating dynamic. At this point, no one will ever know what their careers would be like seperately...

though there were exceptions almost every great coach had a great QB and vice versa

That is why I bring up Joe Gibbs a lot. I still think he does not get enough credit for winning three Super Bowls with three different QBs. That is a feat that will probably never ever be repeated.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

though there were exceptions almost every great coach had a great QB and vice versa

That is why I bring up Joe Gibbs a lot. I still think he does not get enough credit for winning three Super Bowls with three different QBs. That is a feat that will probably never ever be repeated.

That is an exceptional feat but to be fair he did have a tremendous O-line and very good defenses during his tenure.

well almost every successful team has those things...since when does having those things take away from a coach's achievements? bellichick didn't? noll? lombardi? walsh?

i agree i think Gibbs is often overlooked

I do not think it does at all. There a some teams where the QB gets a lot more of the credit (I think people look at Elway more than Shanahan - even though Elway was a smaller part of the offense when the Broncos finally won).

Like it or not, most Championship coaches and QBs are tied together especially if the had more than a brief run together.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

That is an exceptional feat but to be fair he did have a tremendous O-line and very good defenses during his tenure.

well almost every successful team has those things...since when does having those things take away from a coach's achievements? bellichick didn't? noll? lombardi? walsh?

When you talk about winning with 3 different QB's it helps to have arguably one of the best offensive lines of all time. 

BTW, I didn't say it wasn't a great feat I said just the opposite but obviously your reading comprehension skills are a tad deficient.

He did have great offensive lines and defenses... That was part of what made such a great coach. Most coaches need a great QB to win (especially multiple championships).

I believe that Bostic, Jacoby and Art Monk are the only starters on all three teams. I am pretty sure the defense and 11 different starters by the time they won the last Super Bowl.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

When you talk about winning with 3 different QB's it helps to have arguably one of the best offensive lines of all time. 

BTW, I didn't say it wasn't a great feat I said just the opposite but obviously your reading comprehension skills are a tad deficient.

He did have great offensive lines and defenses... That was part of what made such a great coach. Most coaches need a great QB to win (especially multiple championships).

I believe that Bostic, Jacoby and Art Monk are the only starters on all three teams. I am pretty sure the defense and 11 different starters by the time they won the last Super Bowl.

Bostic, Jacoby and Grimm I beleive were on all 3, Mckenzie & May may have been on 2 and I think schelreth was on at least 1. Not sure about the D.

As I said in any event quite an accomplishment.

I just took a minute to look it up. Bostic and Jacoby were starters on all three, Grimm was still there for the third, but no longer a starter.  McKenzie was there for the 1st and 2nd while May was for the 2nd and 3rd. Schlereth was there for the 3rd only.

I double checked the defense, Monte Coleman was on the only player on the roster for all three that I could find (Darrell Green's rookie year was after the first Super Bowl), but Coleman was only a starter in the 2nd of the three.

Unfortunately for him, I think Gibbs tarnished his legacy when he tried to comeback after the Spurrier debacle in Washington. 

Good lesson in how important the offensive line can be to long-term success though...

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hard to believe it's been 13 seasons together already (time flies when it's been this fun). I wish we could get another 13 years of the greatness we've had over the last 13 years. I'm just glad I got a chance to watch this - I always hear about how great the Celtics were with Bird or the Bruins with Orr...now I'll get a chance to tell my kids about how great this Tom Brady guy was.

Hope we can get a few more seasons out of these two...maybe win one more.  

Sections
Shortcuts