2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Interesting take on Pats cap position

Parcells as a GM...Demarcus Ware, John Abraham, Cameron Wake, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington, Willie McGinest, Drew Bledsoe, Ty Law, Ted Johnson, Curtis Martin, Troy Brown.

Yeah the guy was terrible. Lol!!

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Parcells as a GM...Demarcus Ware, John Abraham, Cameron Wake, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington, Willie McGinest, Drew Bledsoe, Ty Law, Ted Johnson, Curtis Martin, Troy Brown.

Drafting Keyshawn, then trading him for two number ones.  The invention of the poison pill with Curtis.  Saving BB from never getting another coaching job again after his complete failure in Cleveland. 

Well, he didn't draft Keyshawn...at that time he was in NE when the Patriots selected Glenn 6 selections later. He didn't select Glenn either, that was Grier and a power move by Kraft that lead to his eventual departure. Parcells wanted Brackens I believe at that spot - and I want to say Brackens ended up having a pretty darn good career for the Jaguars. I believe his plan was Brackens (or maybe Clemons) to shore up the defensive line and then Mushin Mohahmad in the second. By the time the second round rolled around Parcells had barricaded himself in his office and Grier took over the draft.

But you're right, he did get two firsts for Keyshawn (who was a hell of a player at the time). I'm not exactly a big fan of Parcells for the way he left here, but the guy knew what a defensive lineman was supposed to look like...he is on record as saying he would have given up almost anything to draft Wilfork...and this is when Wilfork was a sophomore. At the time he said Wilfork was a guy that you could build your entire defense around - I totally agreed at the time and I was completely shocked when he fell to us. I watched that guy go through triple blocks against BC one night, he couldn't be blocked.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Parcells was not the GM of the Patriots. That's why he LEFT the PAtriots.  Bledsoe and McGinest were also top 5 picks.

Gee, thanks for not blocking good top 5 picks, Bill. LOL!

Chad Pennington?  He had a noodle arm for crying out loud. He never had a chance in the NFL.    Also, Jerry Jones is the lead GM of the Cowboys.  Parcells did not draft Ware.

Yes, he was terrible. He singlehandedly demolished the Dolphins organization.  One of the worst trades in NFL history was 2 1st rd picks for Brandon Marshall. Tears!

Speaking of wakes, can you even name one organization he didn't leave with a path of destruction in his wake?  Jets, Cowboys, Dolphins. All got better in the personnel/cap department after he left.

He has absolutely no crowning achievements as lead GM. Zero. Zilch. 

He picked the players here until Kraft pulled a unexpected power move on him minutes before the pats selected Glenn...read a book...do some research you tool bag. Parcells is the guy who interviewed and decided to select Bledsoe over Mirrer. He brought in half a million guys fron the Giants. He signed that center away from the Dolphins. He was our GM until that Saturday morning when Kraft decided to stand by Grier and allow him to select Glenn over Parcell's choice Tony Brackens.

"Wake" up, you're an embarrassement to yourself and Patriot fans worldwide.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts