Interesting to see the Dolphins and Saints play tonight.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Interesting to see the Dolphins and Saints play tonight.

i actually haven't watched much of the Dolphins this year except for the fourth quarter last week vs ATL. I'm interesed to see how the young team handles the loud dome tonight. also wanna see how the saints are this year. I've heard ROb Ryan has that defense playing pretty good. Always nice to see future opponets in a big game, we'll learn a lot tonight.

oh btw TALIB ISLAND. 4-0. that is all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Interesting to see the Dolphins and Saints play tonight.

as a Phins fan, i am very excited to see them play the saints. it could be yet another statement game for the young dolphins team.

This is the last game of their quarterback gauntlet. If they come out on top it will be huge for their expectations this year. They will have beaten an upcoming star QB in Andrew Luck, an established star QB in Matt Ryan AND an elite QB in Drew Brees. Given their struggles against the pass last season the fact that their D is playing so good against the better QBs in the league is HUGE. Of course, they need to have another good game tonight (and going forward) to be considered legit.

BTW sorry to all you pats fans about Wilfork. I heard the news while i was at work... I think he is your best defensive player and it will surely be tough to replace his presence on the field.. you never want to see a guy get hurt no matter what team he plays for. Plus, when the Dolphins spank the pats i want it to be against your A-team. Laughing All jokes aside, i hope a suitable replacement is found and better health for the Patriots going forward.

Some say a storm is coming, Some say the end is near.

Some think it's all so hazy, I think it's all so clear.

Some say they have the answers, some say they know the truth.

Some people live in question, some people have no clue.

If there was no tomorrow, if there was just today.

would you make different choices? or would you stay the same?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

as a Phins fan, i am very excited to see them play the saints. it could be yet another statement game for the young dolphins team.

This is the last game of their quarterback gauntlet. If they come out on top it will be huge for their expectations this year. They will have beaten an upcoming star QB in Andrew Luck, an established star QB in Matt Ryan AND an elite QB in Drew Brees. Given their struggles against the pass last season the fact that their D is playing so good against the better QBs in the league is HUGE. Of course, they need to have another good game tonight (and going forward) to be considered legit.

BTW sorry to all you pats fans about Wilfork. I heard the news while i was at work... I think he is your best defensive player and it will surely be tough to replace his presence on the field.. you never want to see a guy get hurt no matter what team he plays for. Plus, when the Dolphins spank the pats i want it to be against your A-team. Laughing All jokes aside, i hope a suitable replacement is found and better health for the Patriots going forward.

Good post. Nice to see a fan of another team here who is not trolling.

I am also very interested in this game. If the Dolphins can pull out a win in New Orleans (a very tough place to play), I will be sold on them being for real...not saying they aren't for real if they lose, but this would definitely convince me.

On a side note, ya Wilfork really cannot be replaced. The Patriots will just have to do their best to limit the loss...in other words, "next man up."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

It will be an interesting game for sure.  Pats face both teams soon....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tannehill is progressing well. Hartline underrated. Not a Phins fan, but they are playing well. Big test tonight.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Tannehill is progressing well. Hartline underrated. Not a Phins fan, but they are playing well. Big test tonight.

I think Hartline will (has to an extent) benefitted from having Wallace on the team. I don't think he is a true #1 WR, but as a #2, I think Hartline is a solid player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm very interested to see what Tannehill does tonight, I think the kid is the real deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I think Hartline will (has to an extent) benefitted from having Wallace on the team. I don't think he is a true #1 WR, but as a #2, I think Hartline is a solid player.

i agree with this and is one of the reasons i was for overpaying Wallace. Hartline is a VERY good #2. he had a great year last season and he was getting doubled all the time since he was the only threat. Now that we have a bonafide #1 WR who can spread the field it opens up Hartline even more (as well as our other guys).

Even if Wallace isn't getting 10 catches a game he still helps the offense immensely by taking pressure off of everyone else.

in any case, the Phins are showing great promise. While i still consider the Pats top dog i don't think the phins are far behind. You generally don't know what your team is until roughly 6 games in. So i don't wanna jump the gun and proclaim the Phins contenders but BOY do i love what i see so far.

IRT the Tannehill comments, he has seemed to really come into his own. i figured he would once he got more games under his belt (not just NFL games but games in general, he only played like 12 games as a QB in college) and more weapons. He was ranked last (or close to last) in 3rd down% and redzone % which i attributed to a lack of weapons. Now 3 games through the season he LEADS THE LEAGUE in both categories. Which is due to a variety of factors, 2 of which being the aforementioned experience and weapons. I would be selling the coaching staff short if i didn't mention them too. Philbin and his staff have done an EXCELLENT job of changing the culture of the team and integrating the new members into the gameplans. I assumed we would start a little slow with all the roster turnover we had from last year to this year but he has them off to a fast start and i think they will only get better as time goes on.

the only thing about them i can knock is the O-line. Tannehill has been sacked 13ish times which was the most in the NFL at the end of week 3 (not sure if that is still the case) and has been so-so in the running game. again, i think they will get better as time goes on but right now, they are the weak point of the team which could post come serious problems if they dont work together in a more conducive fashion.

Sections
Shortcuts