Interesting Trend Coming to an End - True Story

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Interesting Trend Coming to an End - True Story

Ok, now hear me out.  Some of you may already have figured this out. I actually was told by a friend, and was amazed that it could actually happen, but I also think it signals the end of our recent playoff woes.  Right about now you are probably saying "Oh just get on with your point already"  but this story requires a proper build up and theme music as well, but you'll have to cue that up yourself.  I ask for you to take this info for what it is, and realize I'm not offseason trolling, but rather pointing out some amazing Facts.

Here it goes.  After the Jets ended the Pats season on 1/16/11 , they completed the 360 circle of Pain we have endured since our last SB winning season in 04'

What do I mean?  We have loss in every possible way since 04'

In 2005, we got ousted on the road in a Divisonal game against Denver (this is the beginning of the pain)

In 2006, we got one step closer, and we all thought another SB was inevitable as we watched Asante trot to the endzone after pciking off Manning, making the score 21-3 (sorry for making you relive this) but we know how that turned out.

In 2007,  We were the best team in the Regular season and as B.B. said, we met all comers and had a perfect 16-0 regular season.  Surely we had make it back to the top of the mountain and celebrate our 4th lombardi, but 2 weeks of telling us how good we were and telling the Giants how bad they were backfired and we loss a chance at perfection in the Big one.

IN 2008, We got shafted and didnt even make the playoffs despite having an 11-5 record with backup M.Cassel, but it wasnt in the cards for us that year either.

In 2009, We lost our first Home playoff game in some time, and this one was over before it started, and our wild card matchup with the Ravens proved to be another stinger that ended a very frustrating season.

in 2010, We Got all happy about an overachieving team that defied the odds, and somehow had the best record in football, and beat all the top teams, only to be taken out by the same team we demolished just weeks earlier, and proved that dominating the regular season does not garauntee success in the playoffs, and this bitter loss by our hated rivals, completed the 360 degree circle of pain with B.B. losing for the 1st time with a Bye week after 2 weeks to prepare.

So, lets Recap!  We have now loss in the divisional playoff round, the AFC championship game, the Super Bowl, Missed the playoffs altogether, Loss in the Wild card game, and most recently we loss after having the best record and getting a bye week and were One and Done.

All this gives me Hope that next year will indeed be our year to be back on top again, as we cant lose or end the season any other way. We have to Hoist the Lombardi Next Year!  Lets just hope there is a season for the Patriots to Play out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: Interesting Trend Coming to an End - True Story

lol. I was actually thinking the same thing...But then I realized that if the Pats do not pick up some form of consistent pass rush so this defense would not have to always rely on turnovers and so scrub QB's (E-Lie, Sanchez, whoever that Greenbay Back-up QB is, Ryan Fitzpatrick ect.)can stop looking like Joe Montana and they actually draft a HB to bring back the power running game so they can run the ball when they want and really need to, then I see foresee more failures like the aforementioned in the future. Some more consistent lineman who can actually open holes and protect the QB come play-off time would help also.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Ahh man, you had to spoil my dream.  I do believe like most people thought early this year, that we were a year away, we just got happy cuz Brady was playing out of this world, but like I said b4, when all you have is one guy responsible for your success, teams will do everything to make sure he has a bad day, and give them the best oppty to win, this is where the running game comes in, IMO, so lets hope that the reason they didnt play Freddy T, and only gave Benny a few carries is due to their health and not philosophy.  Once again we had to rely on the arm of Brady with a bad wheel, instead of helping him with a run game (07' anyone)  but we'll see...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Interesting Trend Coming to an End - True Story:
    Ok, now hear me out.  Some of you may already have figured this out. I actually was told by a friend, and was amazed that it could actually happen, but I also think it signals the end of our recent playoff woes.  Right about now you are probably saying "Oh just get on with your point already"  but this story requires a proper build up and theme music as well, but you'll have to cue that up yourself.  I ask for you to take this info for what it is, and realize I'm not offseason trolling, but rather pointing out some amazing Facts. Here it goes.  After the Jets ended the Pats season on 1/16/11 , they completed the 360 circle of Pain we have endured since our last SB winning season in 04' What do I mean?  We have loss in every possible way since 04' In 2005 , we got ousted on the road in a Divisonal game against Denver (this is the beginning of the pain) In 2006 , we got one step closer, and we all thought another SB was inevitable as we watched Asante trot to the endzone after pciking off Manning, making the score 21-3 (sorry for making you relive this) but we know how that turned out. In 2007,  We were the best team in the Regular season and as B.B. said, we met all comers and had a perfect 16-0 regular season.  Surely we had make it back to the top of the mountain and celebrate our 4th lombardi, but 2 weeks of telling us how good we were and telling the Giants how bad they were backfired and we loss a chance at perfection in the Big one. IN 2008, We got shafted and didnt even make the playoffs despite having an 11-5 record with backup M.Cassel, but it wasnt in the cards for us that year either. In 2009,  We lost our first Home playoff game in some time, and this one was over before it started, and our wild card matchup with the Ravens proved to be another stinger that ended a very frustrating season. in 2010, We Got all happy about an overachieving team that defied the odds, and somehow had the best record in football, and beat all the top teams, only to be taken out by the same team we demolished just weeks earlier, and proved that dominating the regular season does not garauntee success in the playoffs, and this bitter loss by our hated rivals, completed the 360 degree circle of pain with B.B. losing for the 1st time with a Bye week after 2 weeks to prepare. So, lets Recap!  We have now loss in the divisional playoff round, the AFC championship game, the Super Bowl, Missed the playoffs altogether, Loss in the Wild card game, and most recently we loss after having the best record and getting a bye week and were One and Done. All this gives me Hope that next year will indeed be our year to be back on top again, as we cant lose or end the season any other way. We have to Hoist the Lombardi Next Year!  Lets just hope there is a season for the Patriots to Play out.
    Posted by JayShizzle45

wow, thanks for reminding me again. very depressing. alot of fans would say the patriots have become the new NFL chokers after that many failures.

but all that is in the past, look to the future

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

Whatever the reasons, they've lost in the playoffs five times in a row, and finished 6 years consecutively on the losing end. The 2006 playoffs, 2007 playoffs, 2008 playoffs, 2010 playoffs, and this years playoff team all disappointed (although I really didn't feel let down this year because they did overachieve so much and provided us with such a memorable season).

I'm not expecting a Super Bowl next year, but I do expect some sort of postseason run. Not another one-and-done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

We had problems against rookie QB's and backups this year. Cleveland, detriot, to name a few. Hard to game plan for what you have little tape on.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Let's see.  In the playoffs EVERY year, except for two, since 2001.  wow.  4 superbowls out of that, 3 wins.  Thanks for reminding me, that is an awesome run.  Awesome. 

Sections
Shortcuts