Interesting

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Re: Interesting

Babe, you are the best. Kudos to you my friend.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Is Micheals a murder suspect or of a DUI offfense. Where's the parallel? Inquisitive minds want to know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

He's still 'wishful thinking'. Trying very diligently and desperately to rationalize this incident into oblivion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

He shouldn't be cut, and I don't think he will be. Suspension and a reprimand, that's it.

i don't believe turning down a breathalyzer test is an admission of guilt. Just like when the cops stop you and ask you your name, you don't have to give it unless stopped for probable cause. 

They, the nebraska cops have no proof if he was over the limit or not, suspicion of DUI? Not sure if that affects his probation as its not an offense. I don't think the law has any legal standing to revoke his parole or send him to jail.

the ah situation complicates things for Dennard in that the pats are on high alert. Taken outside of ah, no big deal. We will see but I don't think he gets cut.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

I read that Denard's "people" are saying that the police said that the breathalizer got no reading and that Dennard was not asked to submit to a blood test.

You could conclude from this that he did not refuse a sobriety test and did not fail a sobriety test.  Could be no evidence, no probation violation, no DUI.

We will see on July 31st

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Will NBC dock Al Michaels pay, fire him, suspend him?  

We can only hope . . Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I guess I don't see any reason to cut Dennard unless he ends up in jail and can't report to work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I don't disagree that being out late at a bar 3 weeks before, knowing the local cops out there are apparently a pain in the asz and profiling is not worth it, but I also want proof he was under the influence.

I would imagine the arrest alone, if worthy of an actual arrest, would be enough for him to be cut.  I also think Lincoln, NE has some pathetic cops.  What are the odds to be involved in an incident for the first time in your life because an undercover cop grabs you in a crowd from behind and then you're pulled in the same town a year later for "suspicion" of DUI?  Pretty long odds, especially if you're currently on probation.

It's been 72 hours later, which means there has been plenty of time to get the facts and cut Dennard.  It hasn't happened which means they're letting the legal process play out and not combining the Hernandez situation to Dennard, which is the right move, IMO. 

As for Leonardo's point above. He actually isn't a "repeat offender", because his being accosted incorrectly by an undercover cop in Lincoln in 2011, came before he was NFL property.  As for his parole, it probably means his jail time next year will be real and not "time already served", where he'll do time vs it being dropped.

I don't know what a suspicion of DUI protocol is from Goodell if a first time DUI is usually 4 games (I think).

I am thinking 2 games, minimum, wouldn't be shocked if it's 4, though.

It's important not to knee jerk decisions and connect the Hernandez thing to other incidents, IMO.   The HErnandez thing is so otherwordly hard to believe, it needs to be set on its own when making other decisions around personnel and any off field infractions.

Certainly not good, but come Sept, no one will care and it will be business as usual.

of course if he was on any other team -specifically the Jets - he would  be guilty of DUI and DWI and maybe even dealing drugs and should be thrown out of the league permanently-except Goodell is in NY and would do the Jets a "favor" and cover it all up

he might even blame it on Bellichick!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Apparently, the Pats aren't offended that Dennard was out late at night with some friends and was only arrested for suspicion of DUI. lol

So, what is his alcohol level? Why hasn't the charge been upped to DUI if not getting a breathlizer reading the same as "admission of guilt"?

Anyone care to elaborate on that?  If Kraft and BB are so incensed at Dennard, why does it take 72 hours to become incensed and release a 7th rd pick?

My knee jerk was for them to cut bait the moment they heard about the arrest, like many others Here. The AH PR catastrophe has me gunshy about stupid behavior and this certainly is that. BUT in the end, and thank God, we live in the USA, and if they cant prove he was in fact DUI, then he should be kept and enter counseling on how to make better decisions. If thats how it plays out, good on you Russ for calling it from the start. Also, it certainly would make more sense if they were gonna let him go, they should at a minimum wait a while then try a trade. But now that Ive calmed down, i hope we can work with him to keep him. He's talented, cheap, and its not like he's a murderer too. My apologies to AD for speaking so soon. 

hey Russ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I reviewed the entire situation.

The true problem is that Brady calls the shotgun too often.

Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't disagree that being out late at a bar 3 weeks before, knowing the local cops out there are apparently a pain in the asz and profiling is not worth it, but I also want proof he was under the influence.

I would imagine the arrest alone, if worthy of an actual arrest, would be enough for him to be cut.  I also think Lincoln, NE has some pathetic cops.  What are the odds to be involved in an incident for the first time in your life because an undercover cop grabs you in a crowd from behind and then you're pulled in the same town a year later for "suspicion" of DUI?  Pretty long odds, especially if you're currently on probation.

It's been 72 hours later, which means there has been plenty of time to get the facts and cut Dennard.  It hasn't happened which means they're letting the legal process play out and not combining the Hernandez situation to Dennard, which is the right move, IMO. 

As for Leonardo's point above. He actually isn't a "repeat offender", because his being accosted incorrectly by an undercover cop in Lincoln in 2011, came before he was NFL property.  As for his parole, it probably means his jail time next year will be real and not "time already served", where he'll do time vs it being dropped.

I don't know what a suspicion of DUI protocol is from Goodell if a first time DUI is usually 4 games (I think).

It's important not to knee jerk decisions and connect the Hernandez thing to other incidents, IMO.   The HErnandez thing is so otherwordly hard to believe, it needs to be set on its own when making other decisions around personnel and any off field infractions.

Certainly not good, but come Sept, no one will care and it will be business as usual.

You are kidding right?Wheres the proof for profiling?As for the NE police are they anti-pats too?Dont make this into a race thing when the cops are doing thier job.

Last and least for you to call any police pathetic ,I hope you need a officer one day and they refuse to help you!!

[/QUOTE]

ur blind trust of authority-any authority-is naive and may come back to bite u one day

lemme guess: cops in the family?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Not sure about YOU but Nebraska is the last State I'd be living in after I got off pretty easy with punching a cop in. And I believe the city was the same one the Bar fight was in? Is this guy that stupid to stay there? I mean the guy has the money to move-NO?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

You are kidding right?Wheres the proof for profiling?As for the NE police are they anti-pats too?Dont make this into a race thing when the cops are doing thier job.

Last and least for you to call any police pathetic ,I hope you need a officer one day and they refuse to help you!!

ur blind trust of authority-any authority-is naive and may come back to bite u one day

lemme guess: cops in the family?

No I dont have cops in the family nor am I one.I had my run in with the law when I was younger.The problem Iam having is the racial profiling ,Iam not sayig it doesnt happen ,but you better have proof before saying it.IMO its easy to say just because its a white cop and a black suspect.which I havent seen that any proof of.It could have been a black cop too right?So wheres the proof of the profiling ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to GEAUX-TIGRES' comment:

Is Micheals a murder suspect or of a DUI offfense. Where's the parallel? Inquisitive minds want to know.

This thread concerns Dennard, not AH.

Michaels is associated with the NFL in a far more visible way than some cornerback. Will he be disciplined? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Anyone care to elaborate on that?  If Kraft and BB are so incensed at Dennard, why does it take 72 hours to become incensed and release a 7th rd pick?"

If they aren't incensed with this bonehead, there's something wrong with them. 

In the immediate aftermath of the Herndandez incident, to go back to the podunk town where you beat on a cop is the height of stupidity. 

There's no way for your to spin this because the sheer idiocy of the decision to return to that particular town and put your probation at risk when you could be anywhere is, well, ridiculous. 

Also: time to start talking about him like he's some kind of expendable 7th round pick. He was slotted in as a starting CB, and it won't be easy to replace him. That's part of the risk when you take a flyer on someone. At first it's a flyer, then it becomes a vital part of your plan. 

You are really turning yourself into a pretzel trying to justify some of the silliness that is going on that has made our franchise a summer laughingstock. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

That's silly.  He got in trouble, faced the judge and received his sentence.  Because of this, he should refrain from going where ever he wants to visit friends or do whatever else?  No way.

How is this even related to his previous actions?

If you think that's a silly notion than you have a very naive view of life, or at least what teamwork means.  If somebody throws at your pitcher's head, you protect them, someone takes a cheap shot at your QB you protect them (did you ever see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXEjXVmnAv4   what makes you think police teamwork is any different.  I don't necessarily condone it, but they know who you are when they run your plate so why take a chance?  The Cape is nice this time of year...

I don't know, if someone says they saw great white sharks off my beach an hour ago, I don't assume they're gone and go for a dip.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Dennard shouldn't be hanging out in Nebraska, the cops there probably have it out for him since he assaulted an officer. He should stay in New England where nobody knows him but his teammates and lay low.

That's silly.  He got in trouble, faced the judge and received his sentence.  Because of this, he should refrain from going where ever he wants to visit friends or do whatever else? 

[/QUOTE]

Obviously you aren't familiar with how cops are.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Now I need to present proof for profiling in Lincoln, NE? Did you attend college? I am not his lawyer, drippy.  Seek help. I am not making it into a race thing at all. I think it is very suspicious a kid with no record ever is assualted by undercover cops for no reason and then now, 2 years later is pulled for "suspicion" of a DUI. It doesn't look good on their part.. It comes off like hokey, small time police work which should be considered an embarrassment. Instead, it's an "aw shucks, I was just doing my job" routine.

Apparently, where these clubs are located in Lincoln, they have been having "problems" which is why these undercovers were there mingling in the crowds in 2011 and why this cop decided to pull someone, apparently without any sufficient evidence for the charges he brought. You better have probable cause and the evidence better reflect the charges you file. 

"Suspicion". Give me a break. Waste of taxpayers money. Period. Give me the data and facts, please.

Via Wiki:

The racial makeup of the city was 86.0% White, 3.8% African American as of 2010.

Interesting how Dennard was incorrectly fingered for an infraction in 2011 and now possibly again 2 years later, but only making up 3% of Lincoln's population. The only thing left is to see what the rate of arrests are between whites and blacks in Lincoln.

How was he incorrectly fingered?You bring up  the racial makeup and calling it profiling is you making in to a race thing .So now where does it say anywhere the cop was White and not African American?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to leonardo0110's comment:

[QUOTE]

Apparently, the Pats aren't offended that Dennard was out late at night with some friends and was only arrested for suspicion of DUI. lol

So, what is his alcohol level? Why hasn't the charge been upped to DUI if not getting a breathlizer reading the same as "admission of guilt"?

Anyone care to elaborate on that?  If Kraft and BB are so incensed at Dennard, why does it take 72 hours to become incensed and release a 7th rd pick?

I don't think he'll be released, he's getting his 4 games suspension..keep in mind he is a repeat offender.. After his suspension is up he'll get the Bolden/Cunningham treatment...

[/QUOTE]

I think it all depends. His probation hearing is the 31st and his trial for DUI is  on Aug 12th I believe. If either results in him going to jail immediately instead of next spring I think they will cut him. If he doesn't head to jail he can collect his $200

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Dennard charged with felony assault

By Jon Nyatawa
    WORLD-HERALD BUREAU   More Sharing ServicesShare Share on twitter Share on email         Related news

LINCOLN — Former Nebraska football player Alfonzo Dennard, accused of punching a Lincoln police officer last weekend, was charged with a felony Monday, three days before the NFL draft begins.

The 22-year-old NFL prospect appeared Monday afternoon in Lancaster County Court, where a judge set bond at $5,000 and prosecutors charged Dennard with third-degree assault on an officer. He will next appear in court on May 15.

Court documents state that Dennard was warned twice by police to leave Lincoln’s downtown bar area before officers attempted to arrest him just after 2 a.m. Saturday.

A police report says officers observed Dennard, while walking eastbound in the 14th Street crosswalk, bumping into a 22-year-old man and punching him in the chest around 2:15 a.m. Saturday.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Dennard was also involved in two arguments outside the Hour Lounge before that alleged assault.

Police told him to leave the area after both incidents, according to the affidavit. The affidavit says Dennard then engaged in a third altercation when he punched the man.

Police intervened and attempted to place Dennard in custody, giving verbal commands, according to the affidavit. Dennard pushed and punched one officer — and at one point, after being taken to the ground, stood back up, according to the affidavit. Police said it took four officers to restrain Dennard.

The injured officer, identified by Lincoln police as a four-year veteran, suffered a 2-centimeter abrasion to his left jaw, according to the affidavit.
    Dennard spent the rest of the weekend in Lancaster County Jail. He posted 10 percent of his $5,000 bond on Monday.

About a dozen of Dennard’s friends and family members attended the brief arraignment hearing Monday. They declined to comment.

Dennard’s lawyer, Terry Dougherty, had no specific comment on the case’s details Monday, saying only that he was “glad” to get Dennard out of jail.

Third-degree assault on an officer is a Class III-A felony in Nebraska, punishable by up to five years in prison and/or a maximum fine of $10,000.

The NFL’s seven-round draft, set over three days, starts Thursday. The Big Ten’s 2011 defensive back of the year and a three-year starter for the Huskers, Dennard was expected to be at least a third-round pick before the weekend’s arrest. It’s assumed that the incident will negatively impact his draft status.

Contact the writer:

402-473-9585, jon.nyatawa@owh.com

twitter.com/JonNyatawa

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Yeah Rusty,sounds like according to this ariticle the undercover cop had cause to approach him and wasnt single out .He was told to leave the area after a few arguements outside the club .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Obviously you aren't familiar with how cops are.

I certainly am.  I have friends and family members who are cops.  Everyone here blows things so far out of the water it's nuts.  At first, it was that they knew what type of car he drove.  Then it was that they got a tip from a local bar owner.  Then it was this.  Then it was that.

How about:  Guy was driving around at 2am and didn't stay within the lines, so the cops pulled him over...when they tend to do at 2am when you don't stay within the lines.