Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive)

In Response to Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive):
    In Response to Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive) :   Better that than a physical juggernaut with a mouse brain? No?
    Posted by zbellino

You mean Merriweather?Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I just wonder if Wilson playing all those different positions hurt his "draft stock." If you look at all the players that graded in the top two rounds, how many of them played one position their entire college career? Most of them. How many played two? Not many. Three? None!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive) : Hey dufus - before you go out and insult someone maybe you should learn how to respond to a post correctly the first time. Aside from that why don't you remove your ugly mug from your avatar?
    Posted by mthurl

You do realize the the entire tenor of your posts in this thread is really insulting to BB even if he doesn't care what you think? If you are going to pull the "insulting" card you really shouldn't be guilty of it yourself. Just sayin! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm officially not unhappy with this draft. I will be if the D still sucks though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I'm officially not unhappy with this draft. I will be if the D still sucks though.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Let us know if your stance officially changes!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In Response to Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive) : Let me put it this way seeing how you had a hard time understanding my logic... When you draft for need it's generally because you haven't filled that need in previous attempts - which we haven't. So when you say we needed a hard hitting safety and the "hard hitting safeties" are gone, maybe it would be considered a reach to grab a kid that might not even be drafted at all in the second round when there was other good players available. Unless you're saying that there was no good players available at that point? Have you ever seen one single ounce of tape on Tavon Wilson? Even one? This guy is about as "hard hitting of a safety" as Ellis Hobbs was (and Ellis never played safety). I hate to break it to you, but those bozos sitting there analyzing the draft know just a little something about draft prospects. Bill Belichick offered a job to one of them when he was in Cleveland. Does this mean they're all correct all the time? Nope. And it also means that BB is not correct when selecting players all the time either, in fact most of the guys selecting draftable players are WRONG most of the time!! It's a draft fact..sorry to break that to you. Have you ever heard of..Ron Brace, Butler, Dowling, Cunningham, Wheatly, Chad Jackson, Marquise Hill? All these guys were second round busts. So excuse me if I and half the country question us selecting a guy that was not even invited to the NFL combine in the second round. I would venture to guess this kid would of been there later in the draft - and if not oh well. How many times have we traded back and missed on drafting highly rated players? I really doubt missing out on "super reach" would of just killed Bill Belichick and his reputation. Don't even mention Gronk - no one thought he was a reach..nobody. The guy was invited to sit in that stupid blue room in NY. If it weren't for the back injury he would of been a first round pick...Tavon is not in that category.
    Posted by mthurl

First you have no idea when Wilson would have been drafted had the Pats passed on him. Nobody does and nobody ever will.

Second, ALL of those bozo draft experts are hired as entertainers meant to sell advertizing minutes . They are hired to keep the unwashed masses watching the draft. That is their first job. If they really were that good at evaluating NFL Football talent, they wouldn't be talking, they would be drafting and they aren't.

Third you are almost half right with that list. Hill died before he could prove himself on the Pats D and if he was on almost any other team, would probably have been a starter. Cunningham, Brace and Dowling haven't played long enough to be busts yet so your argument is flawed from the beginning.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Agree 100%-and let's not forget the draft is a crapshoot-heck half the first rounders don't pan out most of the time and some are pure Busts! Terrele Davis was taken in the 6th, Brady 6th --the list goes on forever--I would love to see the stat on how many 3-7 rounders and UDFA start for All teams--we'd probably be suprised.In Response to Re: Intersting Take On What Pats Did From Round 2 On (Positive):
    After reading up on him I for one am very happy with the pick of Wilson and don't think it was really a reach. The guy has had some hard character building events to deal with in his life and with a great support system has come out on top. Now he uses them as motivation to excel.   We always talk about important intangibles are when it comes to players on the field but somehow those same intangibles have less signifcance to players in the draft. Wilson is good physically, smart, versatile, has a strong character and is motivated; what's not to like about that?    The Wilson pick along with the aquisition of all the other picks I think made for a great 2nd round.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

All I've read on this site for three years is we need too improve the defense,finally BB gives everyone here what they asked for and he still gets blasted for it! Wilson plays Safety/CB/ST he is only promised a chance to make the team just like every other guy who was either drafted or signed a contract too play for the Patriots.As BB is always saying it's a competition to play on this team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moskk. Show moskk's posts

All I've read on this site for three years is we need too improve the defense,finally BB gives everyone here what they asked for and he still gets blasted for it! Wilson plays Safety/CB/ST he is only promised a chance to make the team just like every other guy who was either drafted or signed a contract too play for the Patriots.As BB is always saying it's a competition to play on this team.
    Posted by sportsbozo1

An excellent Pats draft but what we didn't get in the draft we seem to be getting as UDFAs.  Some impressive linemen that in many ways seem like clones of those drafted earlier by other teams.  How did we find them?  They were always there but like so many other players with "pimples"..risk/reward...it's now time to find out which fly sticks to the paper!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

WHile we wont know for sure till these guys ahve had 2-3 years to prove themselves this sure looks GREAT. And not just the first round though that looks spectacular.

Bequette was a steal and a fit. Wilson was a little less of a reach than you might think - there were not many safeties even listed in the top 200 players and reports were that Wilson was attracting more and more attention. But I understand the thinking here.

The CB Dennard coul dbe a huge steal if he gets his act together. The rugby player from Ohio state looks like a REAL athlete and a real player. And even our Mr Irrelevent Ebert looks really good. Wow. In the 7th round.

We got physical players. We got D. We improved run D. We improved pass rush. We improved pass rush. We improved secondary. We improved pass rush. We got more physical. We improved D. And at the same time we got more physical and improved our run D AND pass rush!

And the one O player looks like a real worthwhile shot especially with Edelman not yet proving himself on O, Gonzalez a question mark, Ocho maybe not getting it, Branch getting older in front of our eyes...

Get excited Pats fans! Start to worry Yet fans - unless you want to be at the bottom of the division once again and vy for a very high pick so you can get a QB to replace your child at QB and your tailback playing behind the child.

Sections
Shortcuts